New Artisan FX series - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New Artisan FX series

post #1 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Guessing the old thread was deleted because OP was an artisan rep so I figured I would make a new one.

Those who has the new hayate kou, how is it? LoD(can a zowie with lowest lift off and 0.6mm track both vertically and horizontally?), how does the surace feel, is it smoother horizontally than vertically like most generic cloth pads?

I actually have one on the way but I just don't want to be disappointed because of high expectations redface.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 07:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Can anyone tell me the difference between XSoft, Soft, and Mid? I want to try the new Hayate Kou but it’s sold out in Mid but they still have soft. Is it worth waiting for Mid to be back in stock?
post #3 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 08:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

I've had a Shidenkai XSoft and an Otsu Soft and I would highly recommend the XSoft because it allows you to more effectively press downwards for greater accuracy.

Also, I'm looking for more info on the Kou as well, has anyone tried it out yet? I'm deciding between picking up an XL Otsu/Kou now or waiting for some XL Shidenkais to come back in stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 08:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 27)
Still waiting for my Large Hayate Kou XSOFT and ShidenKai MID. It's killing me, maaaan. sadsmiley.gif

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲
post #5 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 09:39 PM
✔️

Rep: 36 (Unique: 35)
Going to order a large hayate kou mid as soon as they are in stock. I've owned both of the earlier hayate versions so why not try the Kou as well. biggrin.gif
Would be nice to hear a comparison between the kou and hayate/hayate otsu.

CPU
Intel Core i7-3770k
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
Club3D R9 290X Battlefield 4 Edition
RAM
Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz cl9
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black 4TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 830 128gb
Power Supply
Corsair AX850
Cooling
NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 360
Cooling
EK-FC R9-290X Backplate
Cooling
EK-Supremacy Acetal + Nickel
Cooling
5x Scythe Gentlle typhoon 1850rpm
Cooling
NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 240
Cooling
EK-D5 Vario X-RES 140
Cooling
EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal + Nickel Full Cover
Cooling
EK ZMT 16/10MM tubing
Cooling
10x EK-CSQ Fitting 10/16mm
Case
Corsair Carbide Air 540
Operating System
Windows 8 Pro English 64-bit
Monitor
Acer V233h
Monitor
BenQ XL2430T
Keyboard
Ducky Shine 2
Mouse
Ninox Aurora
Mouse
Roccat Taito King-size 3mm
Audio
Sennheiser PC 360
Audio
Creative Gigaworks T3
Other
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Audio
▲ hide details ▲
post #6 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 12:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
I was surprised that the thread was deleted after a long absence.
But, I am not a representative of ARTISAN.
I am just a fan and I just wanted to tell everyone new info.

btw, ARTISAN is operated with very few (probably less than 5) people .
They do not sell to retailers because there are no people who can negotiate in English.
post #7 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 06:07 AM
Mouse Hoarder

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
What's the best place to order Artisan pads from in Europe?

post #8 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 03:09 PM
Mice is bad civilization

Rep: 109 (Unique: 83)
Quote: Originally Posted by Neshy414 View Post
What's the best place to order Artisan pads from in Europe?
https://www.artisan-jp.com/nj_index_eng.html

or

amazon.co.jp
post #9 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 11:18 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 15 (Unique: 13)
Quote: Originally Posted by j0hn View Post
Guessing the old thread was deleted because OP was an artisan rep so I figured I would make a new one.

Those who has the new hayate kou, how is it? LoD(can a zowie with lowest lift off and 0.6mm track both vertically and horizontally?), how does the surace feel, is it smoother horizontally than vertically like most generic cloth pads?

I actually have one on the way but I just don't want to be disappointed because of high expectations
Quote: Originally Posted by Ukkooh View Post
Going to order a large hayate kou mid as soon as they are in stock. I've owned both of the earlier hayate versions so why not try the Kou as well.
Would be nice to hear a comparison between the kou and hayate/hayate otsu.
I posted a comparison in the old, deleted thread but obviously you can't see that anymore. Thanks admins! I have had about 4-5 different Hayates and Hayate Otsus throughout the years of Artisan existing so I'm pretty familiar with them. The Hayate Kou feels like a hybrid between the Hayate and Hayate Otsu for me, taking the best parts of both and combining them into a new package that works better than ever. The improvements of the new FX lineup are not to be underestimated for real. The stitched edges are beyond and above in quality, way better than anything on any Zowie, Corsair, Logitech or whatever other low quality brands there are. You can literally drag your finger across the edges and feel nothing but a silky smooth ocean of fabric stitching. And the new, improved rubber base is very welcome as well. I already really liked the rubber base on the old Artisan pads. It stayed in place but due to the lack of friction and rubber hold it was really easy to move the pad around as well. However this new one literally stays in place no matter what you do. I can't move it around at all unless I actually pick it up. Also the new rubber base is much, much thicker. It actually bulges out like an actual cushion. I swear, no matter where you look at this mousepad, it breathes quality no matter what. But that's to be expect when you pay this price lmaooooo

As for the Hayate Kou itself, it's really just a mix between the old Hayate and Hayate Otsu. The texture is very mild to the touch and if you ever felt pain or roughness from using the Hayate Otsu then you won't be feeling it with the Hayate Kou. It's equally smooth in every cardinal direction and inbetween, providing a near impeccable glide. It doesn't feel too fast and it doesn't feel too slow. It has juuust right right amount of friction for it to feel like a well-behaved mousepad that works in all situations, for all kinds of players. You could be a wrist aimer and play with 20 cm/360 on this pad, or you could be an arm aimer and play with 80 cm/360 on this pad. It would all work peeeerfectly fine. Most people underestimate a good quality mousepad because all they know about is low quality, bad brands like Logitech, Zowie, Corsair, Glorious and whatever else is on the market where they all use the same materials and end up with the exact same mousepads. It's no wonder people think a mousepad is JUST a mousepad when that's all they've used. But Artisan is so much more. Their pads are so many and so varied, that there's always a perfect fit for you. With Artisan mousepads, they're never a point of failure in your setup. You're never gonna stop and think "Man I wish I had a better mousepad that didn't screw up my aiming".

Lastly, there's the XL size option. This thing is a freaking humongous beast! It's so huge that it actually doesn't fit on my desk since the mousepad goes over the monitor stand. This is by far and away the overall biggest mousepad I have ever owned which is funny because previously, my Hayate Otsu in the L size was pretty small compared to most low-quality mousepads on the market. I'm so glad that Artisan listened to feedback and gave us an XL option. I have more space than I will eeeeevvvveer need. FWIW, I'm a mouse only top 300 player in osu and a top 400 player NA/EU in Overwatch.

Also funny thing. They ship their mousepads rolled up in smaller boxes now. But the mousepads still arrive perfectly flat out of the box. There was a crease in the middle of my Hayate Kou but it dissapeared completely within 3-4 hours of usage.

Quote: Originally Posted by dulteX View Post
Can anyone tell me the difference between XSoft, Soft, and Mid? I want to try the new Hayate Kou but it’s sold out in Mid but they still have soft. Is it worth waiting for Mid to be back in stock?
Thickness and softness is the difference. I prefer Soft myself after having used only Mid for many, many years. The Mid is almost unbendable and makes the cloth pads feel more like hard pads in some ways, which can be both good and bad. But I prefer Soft because it's way more cushioning for my wrist and arm while still delivering an amazing experience for the mouse itself.
post #10 of 969 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 02:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Argowashi View Post
As for the Hayate Kou itself, it's really just a mix between the old Hayate and Hayate Otsu. The texture is very mild to the touch and if you ever felt pain or roughness from using the Hayate Otsu then you won't be feeling it with the Hayate Kou. It's equally smooth in every cardinal direction and inbetween, providing a near impeccable glide. It doesn't feel too fast and it doesn't feel too slow. It has juuust right right amount of friction for it to feel like a well-behaved mousepad that works in all situations, for all kinds of players.
Sounds good. Btw, have you ever had artisan zero? If so, how does it compare to hayate kou? I had zero before and absolutely hated it because of how rough it was to my skin.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in