Finalmouse Ultralight Pro - Page 155 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Finalmouse Ultralight Pro

post #1541 of 1558 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 01:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhuni View Post
Well it's nice they contacted you first and allowed you to make alterations to your posts first before just deleting them..... Oh wait
My thoughts exactly, I actually referenced those posts often...lmao
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1542 of 1558 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 01:43 AM
Mouse Junkie

Rep: 39 (Unique: 35)
Quote: Originally Posted by menismyforte View Post
My thoughts exactly, I actually referenced those posts often...lmao
Moderation in this site is ridiculous tbh. I've made a video about a faulty keyboard once asking for some assistance and they deleted my whole thread because I said f*ck twice in the video. I guess they must protect the children from hearing such evil words?

Logitech G PRO Wireless | Custom Huado Mousepad | Sharkoon PureWriter TKL Blue | HyperX Cloud
post #1543 of 1558 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 01:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

All those multiple blatant Rabbit mouse shill threads, most likely made by the CEO himself that everyone wanted to be removed stayed while a review about a brand new mouse by an actual community member and his previous videos were deleted without any notice?

OCN really has gone downhill. I got my account banned too for politely and lightly criticizing their new forums design back when they changed it which makes you wonder what the mods are actually doing removing content and users without a valid reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1544 of 1558 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 04:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by lurkerguy View Post
All those multiple blatant Rabbit mouse shill threads, most likely made by the CEO himself that everyone wanted to be removed stayed while a review about a brand new mouse by an actual community member and his previous videos were deleted without any notice?

OCN really has gone downhill. I got my account banned too for politely and lightly criticizing their new forums design back when they changed it which makes you wonder what the mods are actually doing removing content and users without a valid reason.
Well it was a valid reason, just one I wasn't aware of or given any warning about and I've asked for complete clarification on the rule so that I don't run into this in the future. It happens I suppose. I just wish I could use my old threads to reference and just remove the videos out of them, didn't need to just nuke everything with no warning or even notification that they got nuked. I discovered it on my own this morning lol
post #1545 of 1558 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 07:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 61 (Unique: 52)
No actually I haven't ever posted a referral link in any of my posts here, ever. That's not correct. And I've never put my code in my titles either, ever. And my posts have been mentioned to me in private earlier in the year by admins about missing the [Sponsored] title on them (because I receive the mice free as part of testing). So the content in them had already been reviewed by other admins.

I didn't do anything different with this post, in fact I opened an old post, copied the format and edited from there.

So no, what you're saying isn't correct and I also never say this mouse is the best thing created or even close to it. I literally reference via pictures in my most recent review how the scroll wheel has been a huge issue for people.

If you're curious too I don't have a huge audience so it's not like I'm making insane money from being an affiliate. I have over 50 mice on my closet, I like to collect mice and I compete in FPS at a high level. I enjoy the communities. There's nothing malicious about me being an affiliate, its a bonus for a hobby I'm passionate about.

I thought about this possibility but then why delete my other 3 threads from this year? I reviewed the Sunset (1st thread and it was extensive), I did a FAQ about the mouse that I literally spent hours reading through these forums to collect data on what features users disliked or were confused by the most to answer to try and be helpful to the community (2nd), and I reviewed the Phantom before this (3rd). All were removed as well.

Feelsreallybadman. Especially my 2nd post, took me forever to compile all of that. I think I read like 400 reviews on Amazon, every thread I could find on OCN and every post I could find on reddit to see what people wanted the most. Worked on that for a long time.

Update: Speaking to an admin now. I will get clarification on what I've done wrong and make sure this doesn't happen in the future.
It was not you I talked about when I mentioned hyping **** up etc, it was every streamer/youtuber (Ninja, Lupo, Summit etc etc etc etc), that push this mouse so hard, because they get 25% of the sales.

The fact still stands that your post got removed because you self promoted a review where you have a ref link/code where you get a part of sales.
Not that I personally give a hoot, but they have mentioned rules about this before on OCN.

And yeah, I can ofc link your, RJN video as long as I don't type "USE HIS REF LINK!!", since it's not self promoting, or promoting others with intent to sell.
post #1546 of 1558 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 08:41 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 363 (Unique: 260)
Quote: Originally Posted by empyr View Post
LOL

I really don't get FM hype since it's kind of dead outside of US. Most probably don't even know of this company and their products.

From seeing all this insanity here people link from FM's posts, well I don't know what is worse, their crazy marketing or non existent supply chain?

Quote: Originally Posted by Nivity View Post
Cannot figure this one out yourself?

They don't allow any form of sale or ref sales on the forum just like that, nothing new.

Menis has a ref link where he gets 25%, as every other streamer etc that tries to push this mouse to their followers/fans.
There is a reason this mouse is the best thing ever created, according to most streamers etc, because they get 25% of the sales
Yeah, especially smaller US companies love to do this lately, push products through streamers, YouTubers, any way to get exposure to their "target younger audience". Why? Well it's cheaper to send a free product to 1 person and get endless hours of promotion of them using it and talking about it than to go pay for endless hours of advertisement to YouTube/Twitch/... and hope their ads appear to the target group they want.

Of course then there is the issue of many streamers/YouTubers having no clue about what a good product is or no morals as long as they get $$$ from others buying trash.

I've spoken to them, still waiting on full clarification on the rules in the future. It was related my video having a code but only because it was me personally that posted the video (I asked why other content creator's videos are posted here without issue). So I basically am waiting on an answer for why I'm punished for actually participating here (and if RJN for example would have his videos removed if he were to come post here) and if I make written reviews in the future and leave my videos out, if the threads will be deleted if other users reference them and post them.

I think it's weird that I make a few bucks off of having 600 subs on YouTube and I'm called a shill and my threads are nuked but because someone with a huge audience doesn't actually participate in/care about this forum, their content goes untouched. Seems backward. I read these forums weekly, I just wanted to create content instead of lurking. And I can almost guarantee that if I'm not the one posting it in the future, but I make written reviews with pictures and don't mention being an affiliate, other people are going to post my video and I don't want to be penalized for that.

Either way once I get clarification I'll respect whatever they ask of me because I like OCN and I enjoy coming here so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
There is a deals section on forum to post deals to sites, but I think the rule of no "personal" kickback/profit links allowed persists. Why? So forum doesn't get spammed with profit links from everyone. Click baiting to get a $1.

You're way more likely to get booted out of place and shunned when talking negatively about products, many forums and places are mostly fans only, many game forums are fanatic supporters only and any hint of negative criticism that hurts sales gets you booted out.
OCN is fine, read the rules, don't post personal profit kickback links and you should be fine. Having a promotion code at the end of video and you linking your own video... that's kind of borderline, link to a link. Spamming a video over and over will probably raise attention to it as well from admins/mods. Plus videos here are often embedded so it doesn't even classify as a link to a link. Embedding your own video with a promotion/kickback, yeah, most likely against rules here.
post #1547 of 1558 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 09:35 AM
PC Cannibal

Rep: 94 (Unique: 75)
Can we get an OCN edition mouse? lol F-Ninja editions

JAC Temper tantrum
(40 items)
PumpkinKing_Jack
(15 items)
The Box
(11 items)
CPU
i7 6900k
Motherboard
ASUS x99 Deluxe
GPU
MSI GTX 1080 Ti Aero OC
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 (4x 8GB)
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe - Windows 10 Pro
Hard Drive
Inland Professional SSD - Linux Mint 19
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 1TB (RAID 0)
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 1TB (RAID 0)
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (RAID 0)
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (RAID 0)
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Optical Drive
LG GP65NS60
Power Supply
Seasonic 760XP²
Cooling
EKWB Supremacy EVO x99 Nickel/Plexi
Cooling
Corsair ML120 (X6)
Cooling
EK D5 PWM
Cooling
EK EX-RES250 RGB
Cooling
EKWB PE360
Cooling
EK ZMT Tubing 3/8 x 5/8
Cooling
EKWB FC1080TI GTX Nickel Plexi
Case
InWin 303 Black
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Operating System
Ubuntu 14.04LTS (Mate Mod)
Monitor
Acer XF270HU
Keyboard
Cooler Master Master Keys Pro S RGB
Keyboard
iKBC New Poker II (Type-C) with Gateron Black Inks and Gateron Yellows (lubed w/ Krytox 205g0)
Mouse
Fnatic Flick G1
Mouse
FinalMouse Scream One
Mouse
Zowie EC1-A Special Edition (White)
Mouse
Logitech G403 Wireless
Mouse
Razer Deathadder Chroima Black Ops 3 Edition
Mouse
Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Mousepad
Razer Goliathus Call of Duty: Black Ops III Edition Soft Gaming Mouse Mat, Medium Speed
Audio
Kanto YU2 Gloss White
Audio
Sennheiser PC 360 Special Edition
Audio
Sound Blaster Zx
Other
CableMod Widebeam RGB LED kit (x2)
Other
Mod-One PC Custom Cables
CPU
i7 3770
Motherboard
ASUS PH-61
GPU
PowerColor RX 580 8GB
RAM
Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 860
Power Supply
Corsair HX620
Cooling
CoolerMaster Masterliquid 120 Lite
Case
Fractal Design Define Mini
Operating System
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
Asus VS238H
Keyboard
Velocifire TKL w/ Outemu Browns
Mouse
Steel Series Rival 110
Mousepad
razer goliathus black ops 3 edition
CPU
i7 3770
Motherboard
ASUS P8H61-I R2.0
GPU
EVGA GTX 1050 SC
RAM
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB DDR3 1600 CL8 (2x4GB)
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 500GB SSHD
Power Supply
Seasonic SS-400FL
Case
Lian-Li PC-Q07
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64Bit
Keyboard
iKBC Poker II Type-C - Cherry MX Browns
Mouse
Zowie EC1-A SE White
▲ hide details ▲

post #1548 of 1558 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 01:12 PM
Mouse Junkie

Rep: 39 (Unique: 35)
or given any warning about
And this is the difference between moderation and cluelessly deleting ****. Well done OCN.

Logitech G PRO Wireless | Custom Huado Mousepad | Sharkoon PureWriter TKL Blue | HyperX Cloud
post #1549 of 1558 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 05:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Still no clarification so I'm just gonna assume that in the future I can post reviews and just not link my videos and if other people link them in those threads I hope I don't get punished for it because I'm gonna be doing reviews for other companies' mice soon
post #1550 of 1558 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 05:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Still no clarification so I'm just gonna assume that in the future I can post reviews and just not link my videos and if other people link them in those threads I hope I don't get punished for it because I'm gonna be doing reviews for other companies' mice soon
to be honest ... I watched some reviews of you , I dont think youre reviews are "sponsored" ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in