Mouse incosistent, floaty, loosing speed after a while. - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Mouse incosistent, floaty, loosing speed after a while.

post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Mouse incosistent, floaty, loosing speed after a while.

Hi there,

I am new to the forum and i am sorry that i am joining at the first time with an unpleasant issue.

My rig:
  1. Asus X370 Prime pro;
  2. Ryzen 1700;
  3. Hyper x Predator 2x8 (HX432C16PB3K2/16);
  4. Nvidia GTX 1060 Dual OC;
  5. WD10EZEX Blue;
  6. Cooler Master Vanguard 750+ Gold;
  7. Windows 10;

Problem:

Almost from the beggining when i Bought my machine, slowly i was getting a problem.
Mouse started acting weird. It wasn't consistent at all, it was floaty feeling.
Can't aim properly in games, in windows I need to make weird gestures with my hand to quick-flick select or open folder etc etc.This occurs in everything not only in games.
Games are not running smooth even on 250+FPS after playing some time.
For example:
I launch the PC, and The mouse feels fast and smooth, after couple of minutes it starts slowing down, its inconsistent, not accurate, floaty.
It is driving me crazy about 3 months and still cannot figure it out what is causing the problem.

Every time when I have this problem, I change the port and the problem is gone for couple of seconds or minutes. Also disabling universal bus controller ports helps sometimes but the problem comes back.

Basicly every change I make to my PC: Opening apps, closing them, chaning settings, tweaking system, restarting makes it better for a second but here it yet comes.

Steps I took to isolate the problem:
  • Formated PC 17 times.(Saddly, this is funny);
  • With some of the formats i tried the manufacturer site drivers, sometimes i let the Microsoft ones.Always it is the same.;
  • Tried my Build without Steelseries Engine 3, and with, always the same problem.
  • Disabled every possible power saving feature on windows, BIOS.Never helped to destroy the problem.
  • Power options: High Performance and AMD Ryzen Balanced---> giving the same results, even when I change USB settings->selective suspend settings to disabled.
  • Fast Startup,Hibernation=OFF;
  • With or without overclock on ram and CPU same issue.
  • I do not use VSYNC, nor it is ON on my system.
  • Changed Ram slots, swapped them.
  • AND on, and on, and on, and on.
  • Believe me this does not indicate software issue, to me it seems hardware issue.I am 100 sure.
  • I stress tested ram and CPU, and with or without OC I never had issues.
  • Tried different mouses, still the same.
  • Tried Linux, the issue is following me :];

NOTE:

Edit: I do not use any Gamebar xbox things. Tried Safemode.
Do not provide me another tweaks to make on my system. Lets be honest here, even without any of this tweaks mouse should work perfectly.

You would say, when you know that is hardware issue, why aren't you taking your machine to your retailer and check it, and here is why: In my country nobody cares for the law, even if they sell you broken stuff, you will most likely keep them, and never get a change for RMA. I know that they will say, everything is okay with the machine, and they will keep it about 1 month which is ridiculous.

I am asking you guys for a help because I am desparate.
I need to find out what is causing the problem.

Sorry if i am writing in the wrong topic, I would please the admins to just move it to the correct one.
And sorry for my bad English.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 10:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by Dr.Dyzen View Post
Hi there,

I am new to the forum and i am sorry that i am joining at the first time with an unpleasant issue.

My rig:
  1. Asus X370 Prime pro;
  2. Ryzen 1700;
  3. Hyper x Predator 2x8 (HX432C16PB3K2/16);
  4. Nvidia GTX 1060 Dual OC;
  5. WD10EZEX Blue;
  6. Cooler Master Vanguard 750+ Gold;
  7. Windows 10;

Problem:

Almost from the beggining when i Bought my machine, slowly i was getting a problem.
Mouse started acting weird. It wasn't consistent at all, it was floaty feeling.
Can't aim properly in games, in windows I need to make weird gestures with my hand to quick-flick select or open folder etc etc.This occurs in everything not only in games.
Games are not running smooth even on 250+FPS after playing some time.
For example:
I launch the PC, and The mouse feels fast and smooth, after couple of minutes it starts slowing down, its inconsistent, not accurate, floaty.
It is driving me crazy about 3 months and still cannot figure it out what is causing the problem.

Every time when I have this problem, I change the port and the problem is gone for couple of seconds or minutes. Also disabling universal bus controller ports helps sometimes but the problem comes back.

Basicly every change I make to my PC: Opening apps, closing them, chaning settings, tweaking system, restarting makes it better for a second but here it yet comes.

Steps I took to isolate the problem:
  • Formated PC 17 times.(Saddly, this is funny);
  • With some of the formats i tried the manufacturer site drivers, sometimes i let the Microsoft ones.Always it is the same.;
  • Tried my Build without Steelseries Engine 3, and with, always the same problem.
  • Disabled every possible power saving feature on windows, BIOS.Never helped to destroy the problem.
  • Power options: High Performance and AMD Ryzen Balanced---> giving the same results, even when I change USB settings->selective suspend settings to disabled.
  • Fast Startup,Hibernation=OFF;
  • With or without overclock on ram and CPU same issue.
  • I do not use VSYNC, nor it is ON on my system.
  • Changed Ram slots, swapped them.
  • AND on, and on, and on, and on.
  • Believe me this does not indicate software issue, to me it seems hardware issue.I am 100 sure.
  • I stress tested ram and CPU, and with or without OC I never had issues.
  • Tried different mouses, still the same.
  • Tried Linux, the issue is following me :];

NOTE:

Edit: I do not use any Gamebar xbox things. Tried Safemode.
Do not provide me another tweaks to make on my system. Lets be honest here, even without any of this tweaks mouse should work perfectly.

You would say, when you know that is hardware issue, why aren't you taking your machine to your retailer and check it, and here is why: In my country nobody cares for the law, even if they sell you broken stuff, you will most likely keep them, and never get a change for RMA. I know that they will say, everything is okay with the machine, and they will keep it about 1 month which is ridiculous.

I am asking you guys for a help because I am desparate.
I need to find out what is causing the problem.

Sorry if i am writing in the wrong topic, I would please the admins to just move it to the correct one.
And sorry for my bad English.
Try a different wall outlet in your house. One from a different room, even.

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Avalar View Post
Try a different wall outlet in your house. One from a different room, even.

It could be the power, thats right, I only used the same socket with and without a powerstrip, Also i suspect the same because i have electrical issues in my Apartment.

Ex: Bulbs stops working, suddenly couple of days after they work fine...(But i never had problems with PC shutting down or something else...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Tried in other house, problem still persist, where should I look?, I went to my retailer with the PC, they said "everything works perfectly", but i know that they don't want to admit...
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 03:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 8)
You could try a wireless gaming mouse instead. they use a co-ordinate system that handles skipping differently.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 03:33 PM
Mice is bad civilization

Rep: 111 (Unique: 85)
Someone mentioned that AMD is using ASMedia for USB stuff. It never worked right from the start, to the point where even having it enabled in bios along with Intel's USB was rather problematic. If you can get a hold on an Intel mobo (friends or whatnot), try it with Intel's USB.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 03:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by Melan View Post
Someone mentioned that AMD is using ASMedia for USB stuff. It never worked right from the start, to the point where even having it enabled in bios along with Intel's USB was rather problematic. If you can get a hold on an Intel mobo (friends or whatnot), try it with Intel's USB.
If you’ve got a PS/2 port and find that the problem is fixed while using it, you can confirm that it’s a USB driver.

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Avalar View Post
If you’ve got a PS/2 port and find that the problem is fixed while using it, you can confirm that it’s a USB driver.
It is not USB driver, I formated MY pc more then 20 times and isntalled latest usb drivers everything, even previous, tweaked system, still PROBLEM occurs, I will try the PS/2, hopefully works like a charm, but I want to find what is causing the input of mouse and Keyboard lag, it is not on eye noticable but it is like dragging it trough the mud.My retailer just declined my rma statement.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Melan View Post

Believe me, I am left alone with this problem, I have no other hardware to test with, another guy just gave me his ram to test it out, but was the same issue.

The country I live in, new brands and everything is not much sold because it is so expensive, so I have no one to test with or swap hardware just to see where is the problem....

I tried to disable asmedia trough bios, and use the other ports, but issue is getting laggier and laggier.

Also in games after 15 minutes playing, for example : Fortnite, the game can be maximum played 20 minutes, about 10-15 minutes my mouse and keyboard input lag is huge, and so noticable, everything is choppy, slowish...(but the frames are 170+, so I can't suspect the GPU)

In windows only normally i can't tell the keyboard lag, but mouse is still noticable, but not as when gaming....
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 04:02 PM
Mice is bad civilization

Rep: 111 (Unique: 85)
The thing is, there are no "other ports" on AMD chipset. USB is handled by ASMedia.

On Intel platform, USB is handled by Intel (2.0, 3.0) and ASMedia (3.0, 3.1).

If you disable ASMedia on AMD, you won't have USB capability.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in