Hard pad way to go for humid environment ? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Hard pad way to go for humid environment ?

post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 8)
Hard pad way to go for humid environment ?

I've been experiencing friction changes to my mousepad(s) most of them being cloth(Razer Gigantus, Razer Goliathus Control, Zowie GSR Blue). Friction seems to change, which throws my aim off a bit and is starting to get a bit annoying to deal with. My question is to deal with this, should I just buy a hard pad? If so.. any recommendations?

I got a custom ordered glass pad, but cleaning it every hour or so is a bit of a pain, and also the cold feel on my arm is not very pleasant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 06:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Before you ditch cloth have you tried a qck heavy? They don't have that satin finish and aren't effected in the same way.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 06:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 59 (Unique: 50)
there's also things like the ASUS ROG Scabbard which is almost plastic but is actually a fabric I did not find it change a lot with humidity, but it is quite fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Sosuke View Post
Before you ditch cloth have you tried a qck heavy? They don't have that satin finish and aren't effected in the same way.
Been a while since I touched my Qck heavy, but if my memory serves me right, I ditched it because of it feeling very inconsistent.

Quote: Originally Posted by munchzilla View Post
there's also things like the ASUS ROG Scabbard which is almost plastic but is actually a fabric I did not find it change a lot with humidity, but it is quite fast.
Glide wise my current favorites are Gigantus and Goliathus Control. They seem to have that speed and also good stopping power. However these friction changes suck a lot. Surface on Scabbard looks similar to Mionix Sargas(not sure if it actually is) which I wasn't a big fan of. Thank you for the suggestion. Might consider it, depending how it feels to move vertically and horizontally also could you compare it's glide to something like GTF-X, Gigantus,Goliathus Speed ?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 08:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 59 (Unique: 50)
it's not at all like a Sargas. it doesn't feel like a cloth pad at all. it's very thick and stiff weave, more like a hardpad than a G-TFX.

it's smoother than a G-TFX, but I feel like it's a little faster too. static friction is also a bit better than the G-TFX.
using Hyperglide for MS 3.0.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 10:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

If you're willing to dish out the money, maybe try an Artisan? I have one and it deals with my sweaty ass hands very well so there's no change in glide or friction.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by TMCraze View Post
If you're willing to dish out the money, maybe try an Artisan? I have one and it deals with my sweaty ass hands very well so there's no change in glide or friction.
Just need to find which has similar glide and stopping to Razer Gigantus or Qck . Although my favorites are Gigantus and Goliathus control since they worked for a while until they got affected.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 11:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Twiffle View Post
Just need to find which has similar glide and stopping to Razer Gigantus or Qck . Although my favorites are Gigantus and Goliathus control since they worked for a while until they got affected.
If you want something similar to Qck go for Zero. XSoft or Soft are your best choices if you want something similar or better than Qck.

If you want something with stopping power and lower initial motion than the Zero, I'd recommend Hayate Kou. I'm sire others can recommend other pads, but those two (especially the Hayate Kou) I'm more familiar with. Just lmk if you want me to describe how the Hayate Kou feels and I'll gladly write more on how it is. Been using it for a while now.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

If you want something similar to Qck go for Zero. XSoft or Soft are your best choices if you want something similar or better than Qck.

If you want something with stopping power and lower initial motion than the Zero, I'd recommend Hayate Kou. I'm sire others can recommend other pads, but those two (especially the Hayate Kou) I'm more familiar with. Just lmk if you want me to describe how the Hayate Kou feels and I'll gladly write more on how it is. Been using it for a while now.
Always thought Hayate being very fast pad with almost no control.. based on just research. Whats the difference between xsoft and soft? Does xsoft feel like your hand sinks into the pad? my hand usually heats up a bit while playing, so sinking is not really an option for me. I usually also avoid coated pads, cause my hand/arm sticks to them after a while and that's not very pleasant.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 03:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
buy a dehumidifier or stick salt around your room, if u don't like hard pads don't bother with them

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in