New Hotline Games "Master" Feet - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New Hotline Games "Master" Feet

post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 05:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by SirCumference View Post
The feet came in and I've had a chance to slap them on my G403 and try them out. Initial impressions:
They're beige, not white. Weirdest color I've seen for mouse feet, but I guess it sets them apart. Not even light beige- straight up dark beige.
They're effing horrible. Oh my god, they're horrible at first use. Like gliding on low grit sandpaper. VERY control oriented I guess, but rough rough rough.
I filed them down on the rough side of a Razer Vespula with lots of pressure. After filing them down they calmed down a bit- much smoother now but I still need to work them a few more minutes.
Still very high friction and still a bit rough compared to stock feet and especially to Hyperglides. Much rougher than the competition hotlines feet as well. I by far prefer the competition feet at first use.
I'll give them the 2 weeks of usage they say, but it looks like I'll probably be going back to Hyperglides if they don't smooth out. The feel of pure teflon can't be beat IMO. These are not at all what I expected having used and been a fan of Hotlines previous feet.
Just to confirm, you took off the plastic film on the feet first before using them, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 07:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 18)
Quote: Originally Posted by Kommando Kodiak View Post
Just to confirm, you took off the plastic film on the feet first before using them, right?
Yup. Not my first round with these with hotlines. Before I give my final verdict I’m going to use them for a couple weeks to give them a chance. Who knows, I may end up loving them after they break in.

Compy386
(20 items)
CPU
Core I7-8700K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 z370
GPU
MSI RTX2080 Duke
RAM
G-Skill 32GB DDR4-3200
Hard Drive
WD Black NVME
Hard Drive
Crucial MX300
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Optical Drive
LG BD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA 750 G3
Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S
Case
Cooler Master H500M
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer Z35P
Monitor
LG 34UC80-B
Monitor
Dell S2716DG
Keyboard
Glorious GMMK
Mouse
Microsoft Pro Intellimouse
Mousepad
Cooler Master MP750
Audio
Creative G5
Other
HyperX Cloud Flight
▲ hide details ▲
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 01:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
The Master skates have been around for quite a while, just not for every mouse. They cost only several dollars more than the performance and competition skates, and come in a much nicer wooden box packaging. A bit unnecessary imo.

As far as the skates perform, they feel much slower than the competition skates which I find rather fast depending on the mouse pad you use. Those require some break in time. Not sure about the Master skates as im still using them. Im hoping they'll release them for more SteelSeries mice too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
The feet came in and I've had a chance to slap them on my G403 and try them out. Initial impressions: They're effing horrible. Oh my god, they're horrible at first use. Like gliding on low grit sandpaper. VERY control oriented I guess, but rough rough rough... very high friction and still a bit rough compared to stock feet and especially to Hyperglides. Much rougher than the competition hotlines feet as well. I'll give them the 2 weeks of usage they say, but it looks like I'll probably be going back to Hyperglides if they don't smooth out.
Before I give my final verdict I’m going to use them for a couple weeks to give them a chance. Who knows, I may end up loving them after they break in.
Hmm, thank you very much for the feedback. I love the idea of "very control oriented" but not at the cost of being extremely rough. I'm looking for a slow but smooth glide. Definitely keep us posted on how they wear over the first couple of weeks, and thanks again.

Quote: Originally Posted by cr0wnest View Post
As far as the skates perform, they feel much slower than the competition skates which I find rather fast depending on the mouse pad you use. Those require some break in time. Not sure about the Master skates as im still using them.
How long have you been using the Master feet for? Would you say they've become less rough over time? I agree that the Competition feet, or any PTFE feet for that matter, are a bit too fast (for my own preference, that is). I love the idea of the slower Master feet, but only if they wear down to being smooth eventually.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 11:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 18)
Post 1 week impression:

So after using them a bit and filing them down a bit more on the Vespula, I have to say the feet are pretty nice. On my Zowie G-SR-SE they glide pretty smooth and have a lot of control. If you're looking for something to give you that extra bit of control then these feet are the ones you're looking for. Especially if you don't smooth them out first. After getting adjusted my shots seem to line up just a bit quicker in Overwatch. Pretty big difference from my initial impressions! I'm going to give them a couple more weeks of use and give my final verdict on them, but so far I've come around and have to say I'm kinda liking them.

Compy386
(20 items)
CPU
Core I7-8700K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 z370
GPU
MSI RTX2080 Duke
RAM
G-Skill 32GB DDR4-3200
Hard Drive
WD Black NVME
Hard Drive
Crucial MX300
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Optical Drive
LG BD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA 750 G3
Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S
Case
Cooler Master H500M
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer Z35P
Monitor
LG 34UC80-B
Monitor
Dell S2716DG
Keyboard
Glorious GMMK
Mouse
Microsoft Pro Intellimouse
Mousepad
Cooler Master MP750
Audio
Creative G5
Other
HyperX Cloud Flight
▲ hide details ▲
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 01:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by MattKelly View Post
How long have you been using the Master feet for? Would you say they've become less rough over time? I agree that the Competition feet, or any PTFE feet for that matter, are a bit too fast (for my own preference, that is). I love the idea of the slower Master feet, but only if they wear down to being smooth eventually.
Only used it for a few days on the G403 before moving back to my SteelSeries mice tbh, cos I think they suit me better. But the feet did not seem to change in feel and glide during those few days. They are definitely more durable than the competition skates which start off smooth then reach a sweet spot once broken in. In any case, the master feet are definitely "rougher" but offer more control.

So from what I can gather so far. Competition = speed and Master = control.

The mouse pad you use these skates on can also affect your initial impression on them so keep them in mind.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 09:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 27)
Has anyone been able to find a single link with all there Master mouse feet? I know you can scroll down pages on Ebay to find different mouse-specific sets. Looking for a circle/oval shaped set (like the IME's feet) that I can fit in most mice.

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 08:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Nvm. Remembered their website.

https://hotlinegames.world.tmall.com...7fa662cdD8XnTV

Just gotta Google Translate their page or whatever. Tiny, round Master feet. Yay!

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 03:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 19)
These are great feet. In fact if you're looking for decent control I'd go for these over a gsr. Once worn in they offer great control but they're not heavy on static friction making small adjustments easy. Really good product.
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 10:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

nvm

CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Avalar; 06-20-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in