New Hotline Games "Master" Feet - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New Hotline Games "Master" Feet

post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
New Hotline Games "Master" Feet

A few weeks / months ago Hotline Games came out with their new "Master" feet (alongside their preexisting "Performance" and "Competition" feet). I currently use a G403 as my main, while I anxiously await the Ninox Astrum. Until then though, I'm looking to optimize my G403 as best as possible. I prefer a very slow glide and therefore use a G-SR with stock feet on most mice. However, I do find the G403's stock feet to be rather quick. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with Hotline's Master feet, and if not, might anyone be able to recommend slower third party feet? Thanks in advance for any help!

Link to Hotline's Master feet (from what I can tell, they might offer more control than the Performance / Competition feet):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hotline-Gam...WcEil4ofwupmWw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 02:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 57 (Unique: 50)
nice - as much as I like Hyperglides, Hotline have a lot wider range of compatibility, and have never actually disappointed me (nor have Hyperglide of course, but can't get them for every mouse).
tempted to try, but I just got a new set of feet for my mouse.

honestly doubt it would be slower than the Competition hotlines though, I think they might be faster actually - which is what I prefer
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 02:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 18)
I can let you know when mine get in. Ordered them a week or so ago. Currently use a G403 on a Zowie G-SR with Hyperglides (the IME 3.0 ones). Supposed to be here Saturday. I preferred the Hyperglides to the Hotlines for this mouse because I felt they were a bit smoother in the glide even though I liked the control of the Hotlines Competition feet.

Compy386
(20 items)
CPU
Core I7-8700K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 z370
GPU
MSI RTX2080 Duke
RAM
G-Skill 32GB DDR4-3200
Hard Drive
WD Black NVME
Hard Drive
Crucial MX300
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Optical Drive
LG BD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA 750 G3
Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S
Case
Cooler Master H500M
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer Z35P
Monitor
LG 34UC80-B
Monitor
Dell S2716DG
Keyboard
Glorious GMMK
Mouse
Microsoft Pro Intellimouse
Mousepad
Cooler Master MP750
Audio
Creative G5
Other
HyperX Cloud Flight
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by munchzilla View Post
honestly doubt it would be slower than the Competition hotlines though
Aren't the competition feet even faster than their performance feet? o.o

Quote: Originally Posted by SirCumference View Post
I can let you know when mine get in. Ordered them a week or so ago. Currently use a G403 on a Zowie G-SR with Hyperglides (the IME 3.0 ones). Supposed to be here Saturday. I preferred the Hyperglides to the Hotlines for this mouse because I felt they were a bit smoother in the glide even though I liked the control of the Hotlines Competition feet.
That's awesome - thank you! Do you happen to remember if the Hotlines were any slower than the stock G403 feet?
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 05:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by MattKelly View Post
Aren't the competition feet even faster than their performance feet? o.o

That's awesome - thank you! Do you happen to remember if the Hotlines were any slower than the stock G403 feet?
The Competition feet are actually slower than the Performance ones, but last longer. These new "Master" feet, I'm assuming, will be the fastest. Looks closer to pure, un-dyed PTFE to me.

Oh, and iirc, the stock G403 feet were faster than the Competition feet, about the same as the Performance ones, though. Logitech's stock feet are faster than most, actually, because the edges are more rounded. Whether the edges on mouse feet are straight or beveled has more of an affect on the glide speed of them than the material they're made out of does, I've found.

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Avalar; 04-11-2018 at 05:19 PM.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Avalar View Post
The Competition feet are actually slower than the Performance ones, but last longer. These new "Master" feet, I'm assuming, will be the fastest. Looks closer to pure, un-dyed PTFE to me.

Oh, and iirc, the stock G403 feet were faster than the Competition feet, about the same as the Performance ones, though. Logitech's stock feet are faster than most, actually, because the edges are more rounded. Whether the edges on mouse feet are straight or beveled has more of an affect on the glide speed of them than the material they're made out of does, I've found.
Interesting. Thank you for clarifying. It gets confusing because the Performance feet are marketed as "the original PTFE glide that gamers are used to" and the Competition feet are marketed as "F4-Silver treated PTFE for a faster, smoother, and more durable glide"... so I had assumed Competition would be quicker? Meanwhile the new Master feet are marketed as being "treated to ensure a more controlled glide, along with a smooth feel, compared to the Competition and Performance material". They're just straight up confusing me at this point.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 08:03 PM
Mice is bad civilization

Rep: 109 (Unique: 83)
That's the point. Marketing mumbo jumbo "proprietary material". Pretty sure the only thing what's different from your usual hotline set is colour. I would make a snarky remark why it's called master but that joke is off-colour.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 08:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
i had the same joke in mind too. my guess is its just pure teflon, no adulterants.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 09:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 27)
Imagine if they did just change the color, though. .-.

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 10:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Even if it's just a color change, as long as it's the same price I would prefer these. Those transparent feet make me uneasy.

CeeSA paracorded Kone Pure Owl Eye with custom skates on a 16 x 20 glass cutting board: that's my daily driver, long live the king.

You can aim well with any mouse, it just takes practice. This theory has been tested and verified. So when shopping, just look for the mouse with all the whistles you want and with minimal amount of deal breakers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in