Originally Posted by pocketdrummer
I've already gone through 2 mice trying find something that will replace my Original G9 (precision grip). Everything I've tried and looked at is either too long (Rival 600), too narrow (MasterMouse S), or too tall (G403).
The general shape of this looks like it could be good, but there are a few things I don't like:
- Left and right buttons aren't separate from the shell.
- The left button has a groove, but the right button is rounded (why?).
- 110 g is kind of tubby by today's standards. They need to shave off at least 15g to be competitive.
- The 3325 sensor is decent, but the 3360 would be better.
- Braided cable (which will undoubtedly be stiff)
- 10mm longer, 4mm narrower, and 1mm taller than the G9
One thing I really do like is that they've kept a ledge next to the right button. I rest my ring finger here (much more ergonomic for me), so it's really annoying how companies have started wrapping the buttons over the sides.
Maybe the next iteration will check all the boxes. Until then, my search continues.
Kinda same for g9(x) to be honest:
- Left button is separated but right is not
- Left button has groove but right has less so
(so even buttons are kinda similiar to g9x huh?)
- Dunno about weight if that is with cable or if there is weight inside?
- Yeah 3360 would be nice but 3330 would do as well.
- Yup, it is also horrible in g9x itself.
- And most importantly for shape. G9x precision grip is 7cm wide measured from bottom yes, but it is quite concave at thumb side (also little at right side too) which makes it actually like 0,5cm narrower from grip position. So ExonV30 width is quite close to g9x after all.
- Lenght is not that important even it's slightly longer. When mostly back hump, thumb buttons and sensor are located on similiar position compared to g9x. When quickly compared pictures side by side, it seems to be so.
That being said, yeah would prefer both buttons being separated and having groove, as well weight being around 90g instead.
And I agree with button wrapping.
And I have gone trough hmmmm like atleast over 10 different mices to find replacement for g9x, as well tried to use sugru for g303 and g102 to make it more closer to it. So if only shape will feel close to g9x in hand, I'm prolly able to deal with little imperfections.
But let see how this mouse will end up, when I'm able to get it from shipping.