Ozone Exon V30 RGB - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Ozone Exon V30 RGB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter
- Insanity Beckons -
 
Elrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,721
Rep: 169 (Unique: 86)
Ozone Exon V30 RGB

Just placed an order for it on MaxGaming web store, here it is;

https://us.maxgaming.com/gaming-mice...b-gaming-mouse

Weirdest shape like the top left button section has been cut off and also no mention of this mouse model here on OCN Central.

Hence I thought of posting it here first, here's a pre-lim sales video on this model (ugly presentation);


It uses a 3325 sensor hence it can't be all too bad but who knows what it's truly like, am now waiting for it to be delivered to me.
Elrick is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 08:10 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
favoxhille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 217
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
shorter left end like the roccat kone could be a good thing for people like me who have an index shorter than the ring finger (the so called greek hand/finger shape) but cant really tell if id prefer it over a more balanced symmetric design
could very well be a good wild card, waiting for opinions on performance and coating
favoxhille is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 08:33 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Grino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 16
Rep: 0
Ordered one as well while a go and still waiting, shape reminds very close to logitech g9x (precision grip) what is my favourite mouse shape.

Other than top left button being cutted out like that, for stylish points or less weight? Shape seems solid, despite of that.

I don't know what weight is without cable or if there is weight inside, homepage states 110g. Well g9x was aprox 112g anyhow... So for me it's fine, even though would prefer lighter nowdays.

https://www.ozonegaming.com/product/exon-v30

Last edited by Grino; 04-25-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Grino is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 12:15 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
pocketdrummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 446
Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by Grino View Post
Ordered one as well while a go and still waiting, shape reminds very close to logitech g9x (precision grip) what is my favourite mouse shape.

Other than top left button being cutted out like that, for stylish points or less weight? Shape seems solid, despite of that.

I don't know what weight is without cable or if there is weight inside, homepage states 110g. Well g9x was aprox 112g anyhow... So for me it's fine, even though would prefer lighter nowdays.

https://www.ozonegaming.com/product/exon-v30
I've already gone through 2 mice trying find something that will replace my Original G9 (precision grip). Everything I've tried and looked at is either too long (Rival 600), too narrow (MasterMouse S), or too tall (G403).

The general shape of this looks like it could be good, but there are a few things I don't like:
- Left and right buttons aren't separate from the shell.
- The left button has a groove, but the right button is rounded (why?).
- 110 g is kind of tubby by today's standards. They need to shave off at least 15g to be competitive.
- The 3325 sensor is decent, but the 3360 would be better.
- Braided cable (which will undoubtedly be stiff)
- 10mm longer, 4mm narrower, and 1mm taller than the G9

One thing I really do like is that they've kept a ledge next to the right button. I rest my ring finger here (much more ergonomic for me), so it's really annoying how companies have started wrapping the buttons over the sides.

Maybe the next iteration will check all the boxes. Until then, my search continues.


Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein
(1879 - 1955)
post-flame-small.gif 
Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club post-flame-small.gif


 
pocketdrummer is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 01:17 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Grino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 16
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketdrummer View Post
I've already gone through 2 mice trying find something that will replace my Original G9 (precision grip). Everything I've tried and looked at is either too long (Rival 600), too narrow (MasterMouse S), or too tall (G403).

The general shape of this looks like it could be good, but there are a few things I don't like:
- Left and right buttons aren't separate from the shell.
- The left button has a groove, but the right button is rounded (why?).
- 110 g is kind of tubby by today's standards. They need to shave off at least 15g to be competitive.
- The 3325 sensor is decent, but the 3360 would be better.
- Braided cable (which will undoubtedly be stiff)
- 10mm longer, 4mm narrower, and 1mm taller than the G9

One thing I really do like is that they've kept a ledge next to the right button. I rest my ring finger here (much more ergonomic for me), so it's really annoying how companies have started wrapping the buttons over the sides.

Maybe the next iteration will check all the boxes. Until then, my search continues.
Kinda same for g9(x) to be honest:

- Left button is separated but right is not
- Left button has groove but right has less so
(so even buttons are kinda similiar to g9x huh?)
- Dunno about weight if that is with cable or if there is weight inside?
- Yeah 3360 would be nice but 3330 would do as well.
- Yup, it is also horrible in g9x itself.
- And most importantly for shape. G9x precision grip is 7cm wide measured from bottom yes, but it is quite concave at thumb side (also little at right side too) which makes it actually like 0,5cm narrower from grip position. So ExonV30 width is quite close to g9x after all.
- Lenght is not that important even it's slightly longer. When mostly back hump, thumb buttons and sensor are located on similiar position compared to g9x. When quickly compared pictures side by side, it seems to be so.

That being said, yeah would prefer both buttons being separated and having groove, as well weight being around 90g instead.

And I agree with button wrapping.

And I have gone trough hmmmm like atleast over 10 different mices to find replacement for g9x, as well tried to use sugru for g303 and g102 to make it more closer to it. So if only shape will feel close to g9x in hand, I'm prolly able to deal with little imperfections.

But let see how this mouse will end up, when I'm able to get it from shipping.

Last edited by Grino; 04-25-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Grino is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 01:33 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Aliandro1d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 387
Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
I tried gettin a copy to review a month ago but no luck, they said they already have sent out review copies and have it planned out but all the reviewers are spanish speaking. Idk *** they are thinking marketing like that to such a small market.
Anyway it's designed for claw grip in mind hence the right side is kinda short in height it's better for curled fingers than straight palm grip style.
Aliandro1d is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter
- Insanity Beckons -
 
Elrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,721
Rep: 169 (Unique: 86)
Quote: Originally Posted by Aliandro1d View Post
I tried gettin a copy to review a month ago but no luck, they said they already have sent out review copies and have it planned out but all the reviewers are spanish speaking. Idk *** they are thinking marketing like that to such a small market.
I only bought this because it showed on MaxGaming and every time they have something in stock I buy instantly. They always deliver, despite other retailers who sometimes lie about having it in stock.

Not holding up hope for it being a 'Game Changer' in Mice but it's shape is interesting plus the 3325 sensor is actually not bad, hence still remains a good purchase for the money.
Elrick is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 03:52 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
badben25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 541
Rep: 43 (Unique: 35)
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post
I only bought this because it showed on MaxGaming and every time they have something in stock I buy instantly. They always deliver, despite other retailers who sometimes lie about having it in stock.

Not holding up hope for it being a 'Game Changer' in Mice but it's shape is interesting plus the 3325 sensor is actually not bad, hence still remains a good purchase for the money.
Did you get the mouse? What's your opinion? Give us a review Elrick!
badben25 is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter
- Insanity Beckons -
 
Elrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,721
Rep: 169 (Unique: 86)
Quote: Originally Posted by badben25 View Post
Did you get the mouse? What's your opinion? Give us a review Elrick!
Geez I got this last year some time. Forgot which month now, old man memory here, sorry.

It's size is at base (what's touching the mouse pad only) is 103mm x 62mm

The complete shape overall is 116mm x 65mm.

The switches are clicky, so some kind of Omron branded model, have no idea which. The Scroll Wheel encoder seems slightly 'notchy', afraid nothing like my lovable Alps encoder at all but it's passable.

The cable is probably atrocious because it is NOT flexible at all but I now use a Mic Stand, to hold any mouse cable so it isn't a problem for me.

The shape is almost like a G9 aside from the cut off on the left side of the mouse, can't understand why they did that. The Index finger easily drops off slightly when I press it, not too uncomfortable but it's still usable.

It's not a spectacular design my any means but it's definitely not 'the normal' shape like most other styles that are currently available on the market. Suspect if you LOVED using your old G9x model this latest design from Ozone, comes very close to copying that famous shape.

Last edited by Elrick; 03-13-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Elrick is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 01:33 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
badben25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 541
Rep: 43 (Unique: 35)
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post
Geez I got this last year some time. Forgot which month now, old man memory here, sorry.

It's size is at base (what's touching the mouse pad only) is 103mm x 62mm

The complete shape overall is 116mm x 65mm.

The switches are clicky, so some kind of Omron branded model, have no idea which. The Scroll Wheel encoder seems slightly 'notchy', afraid nothing like my lovable Alps encoder at all but it's passable.

The cable is probably atrocious because it is NOT flexible at all but I now use a Mic Stand, to hold any mouse cable so it isn't a problem for me.

The shape is almost like a G9 aside from the cut off on the left side of the mouse, can't understand why they did that. The Index finger easily drops off slightly when I press it, not too uncomfortable but it's still usable.

It's not a spectacular design my any means but it's definitely not 'the normal' shape like most other styles that are currently available on the market. Suspect if you LOVED using your old G9x model this latest design from Ozone, comes very close to copying that famous shape.
Thanks. How about the real weight? I couldn't find a reliable figure anywhere.

Also the left side looks like it slopes inwards like on the Mionix Castor, like this \_|
Is it like that on this mouse as well, or is it more of |_|
badben25 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off