#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
1 2
#6 ·
Logitech G403 - 87,3 g
Logitech G603 - 88,9 g only mouse

Logitech G Pro - 83 g
Logitech G305 - 99g?

g305 and g603 use the same technology, so it would be pretty high for mouse only.
but 99g with 1AA batterie is too light. then mouse only would be like 76g.

#7 ·
I was really excited until 99g and AA battery. Seems to me wireless, "battery-less" technology like Razer's Hyperflux are the way forward for light wireless gaming mice. However, probably the only way to reach the suggested price was to go the route they did.

Here's to hoping 99g is estimated weight with battery. That way you could at least use a AA-AAA converter and get down to ~90g.

EDIT: 99g surely must be with battery.

#8 · (Edited)
Could the G304 be a version with an internal capacitor like Razer's?

Either way I am beyond stoked. I can't wait to preorder these.

EDIT: 99g surely must be with battery.
No doubt with the heavy Alkaline AA too. With a lithium-ion AA or AAA it'll be even lighter.

#11 ·
This was what I actually wanted to try out, but didn't think they'd take the route of the G603 with a removable battery--I wonder if we can hope for a an actual G Pro wireless still :(.

#12 · (Edited)
I guess Logitech is fully focused on the casual gamer crowd now. G Pro/G102/G203 is already heavier than it should be for the size now they add an AA battery.

edit: I take some of that criticism back after seeing the weight with different battery options. Still has more of a lower budget feature set like the G603 rather than the G703. A true wireless G Pro should have 3366, 20m or 50m switches, rechargeable battery, Power Play compatible, and RGB - without weighing more than 85g.

#13 ·
I guess Logitech is fully focused on the casual gamer crowd now. G Pro/G102/G203 is already heavier than it should be for the size now they add an AA battery.
If they include a AA alkaline battery in the weight - 99g - 23g Alkaline battery.

This means the mouse is 76g without any battery.

76g + AA 15g Lithium-ion = 91g

76g + AAA 7g Lithium-ion = 83g

Here's to hoping they calculated for Alkaline like they did with the G603.

#23 ·
Also, why even care about this. A paracord already makes the mouse feel wireless.
Because actually not having a wire is still better than a super flexible one? Paracord was great and all in the past, but considering the current wireless tech doesn't feel any different than a wired mouse, I gladly look forward to any new wireless mice assuming the weight/balance is kept in check. No one will be using paracord cables, or any cables for that matter, within the next few years seeing as weight is getting lower and lower with every new wireless mouse made.

#21 ·
Get an AAA battery + an adapter, and the weight is already lower. I'm pretty sure if there would be a way to get the weight significantly lower without doubling the price they would have gone that route.
The only thing I really don't understand is the 10M rated buttons... Why? Why not go with the 50M or even the 20M variant?

#22 ·
The only thing I really don't understand is the 10M rated buttons... Why? Why not go with the 50M or even the 20M variant?
I'm still using a very old Microsoft IntelliEye Mouse for years and those switches inside it are very old Omrons and they were never rated past 1 million.

So if it lasts till 2018 and still works perfectly, why are you worried about 10 million presses for a single switch?

There is a lot more to worry about besides how long the switch will last, like where it was made and with what internal components where used?

Most importantly having a real small sized mouse with a decent sensor (avoiding using anything with the idiot word of 'Gaming') that can be used by youngsters, should be every company's priority.

If the sensor lasts long enough with support via their LGS system, then this should be a really nice input device to own and use.

#27 · (Edited)
Placed my order for the G305 White version. I've always wanted a wireless G Pro. Wished they flatten the sides a bit similar to the G303, but the sides of the G Pro was never a big problem for me.

Also going to use the Energizer Lithium AA Batteries since they are lighter than normal AA batteries. Around 18g compared to the regular 23g AA battery. Should bring the G305 to around 89-91lbs. That weight for a wireless mouse with an amazing sensor is crazy.

One thing I've noticed about the mouse is that the mouse skates look slightly different compared to the G Pro. They look a bit longer in length on the G305. Will install G Pro Hyperglides right away once I get the mouse. From the pics of the G305, it looks like the Intellimouse mouse 3.0 Hyperglides may actually fit. Will also test that out. The 3.0 Hyperglides were too long to fit into the mouse feet sockets on the G Pro.

#29 ·
I don't care if it is wireless. Cord doesn't hinder my play much. It's just the GPRO shape I can't get used to.

#31 · (Edited)
I've been playing PC games since I was ten years old, and I've yet to see a small form-factor fingertip grip with a good sensor, good dpi ranges, and a good shape. The gpro/g305 is probably as close as I've ever seen. To have everything so close to perfect, and to leave the sides as they are, is like eating a big steak dinner in front of a starving Ethiopian kid. They should take the CEO of Logitech and haul him in front of the the bureaucrats in the Hague and charge him for crimes against humanity, because at this point, it's just cruel.

Attachments

#41 ·
Damn I just got g-pro + paracord like month ago...

Now I have to do really hard thinking if its worth getting this and selling my paracorded gpro.
Guess I just have to see tons of reviews and comments if this is as good as gpro but wireless.

Yes its very tiny difference paracord VS wireless but damn wireless is so good when there literally is no cord to give 0 drag etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.