Logitech G FK / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse - Page 244 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Logitech G FK / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse

post #2431 of 2568 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 05:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 79 (Unique: 64)
Quote: Originally Posted by DyndaS View Post
hmmm... It is sad when you pay so much money for the mice and it's getting double click. Well... double click is mostly the switch fault.
Not at all. That's caused by not using the switch's NC contact for debouncing. Either incompetence or planned obsolescence on the part of the people laying out the PCB and writing firmware. More info here: https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-...ncing-mod.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2432 of 2568 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 07:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by TranquilTempest View Post
Not at all. That's caused by not using the switch's NC contact for debouncing. Either incompetence or planned obsolescence on the part of the people laying out the PCB and writing firmware. More info here: https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-...ncing-mod.html
Interesting. To be honest I never had this issue. In my cases it was always just switch fault.

So why some people have this issue some not? Some after few days or months and others do not at all.

I was thinking about this mouse but with this price it just make me worried.
post #2433 of 2568 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 09:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Interesting. To be honest I never had this issue. In my cases it was always just switch fault.

So why some people have this issue some not? Some after few days or months and others do not at all.

I was thinking about this mouse but with this price it just make me worried.
If an engine is designed to last 200k miles when used with oil, and the car manufacturer decided not to put oil in it, you don't blame the engine when it fails after 20 miles. It's silly to compare engines based on how far they can go without oil, and it's just as silly to blame this type of failure on a SPDT switch.

Snap action switches are inherently bouncy. If you're only looking at the normally open contact, you know for sure the button is pressed if it reads closed, but if it reads open you don't know if the switch got released, or if the contact is bouncing. Most mice use a delay or timeout, the shorter you set the delay, the faster the switches wear out(there are other things that can change how fast stuff wears out, like humidity and abrasive dust). The correct way to debounce switches is to use the second switch contact. When the normally closed contact is closed you know for sure that the switch is not pressed. So you just latch on whatever contact read "closed", and you get extremely reliable delay-free debouncing. The cost to do this when designing a mouse is one capacitor per switch, or one additional pin on the microcontroller per switch. The capacitor option would cost less than half a cent per mouse. The extra pin option in many cases is free.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2434 of 2568 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 10:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I'm not native english so it's a little hard to understand it exactly

So it would need to change something on pcb or/and add forth pin for switch? I'm not sure if I understand what you wanna say.

Anyway... it's the problem of g pro wireless or all mouses? But why then it happens for some people faster and some not? I'm confused.
post #2435 of 2568 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Anyway... it's the problem of g pro wireless or all mouses? But why then it happens for some people faster and some not? I'm confused.
Most mice. There are a handful that might do it properly, but I haven't confirmed it. Having extremely low latency is one indication, but that's not definitive. I'd say look at the ~25 best mice in the click latency thread, and search reviews of those models for anyone with a double clicking problem: https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-...-compiled.html There are a couple Bloody brand mice that seem to advertise this.

As for why some switches wear out faster than others, in the same model mouse, that's probably environment and amount of use. If you're comparing different mice, a more reliable model likely has much more delay in the firmware.

I'm not native english so it's a little hard to understand it exactly

So it would need to change something on pcb or/and add forth pin for switch? I'm not sure if I understand what you wanna say.
To fix this temporarily, you can just replace the switches or clean the contacts. To fix it properly you would need to rewire the switch to use the third pin that the switch already has.

The first image is what's happening inside a mouse that gets the double click issue(pull up resistor is generally inside the microcontroller). The second and third are how the switches should be wired from the factory. The mod in the other thread uses an extra IC in order to overcome the pull up resistor built in to the microcontroller.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Delay debounce.png
Views:	5
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	268054  

Attached Images

post #2436 of 2568 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 12:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I have bad luck with the GPW so far. I got 4 copies all of which double clicked on me upon the first day of use. The static electricity theory might be true to an extent when the mouse starts double clicking, but eventually gets worse to the point where blowing into the charging port/mouse crevices becomes ineffective at stopping the issue.

Weird enough, the double click issues also affect my g305. However, it takes much longer for it to develop vs the GPW. The only Logitech mouse I have that never double clicked for me so far would be the g900. Perhaps this is a design flaw with the newer Logitech mice?

Any of you folks have another way to stop the double click issues?
post #2437 of 2568 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 03:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Has anybody done a click latency-comparison between the GPW in wired and wireless mode? It would be super interesting to see if there's any discernable difference between the two!
post #2438 of 2568 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 07:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 182 (Unique: 158)
I have had my newest replacement G Pro Wireless for about a week now. It's an 1844 batch for anyone interested. I've had a few before this - an 1827 (I think) that double-clicked like crazy out of the box. Exchanged for a 1912 batch that had zero double-clicking issues (yay!) but the wheel was sometimes sticky (ugh!). Finally, exchanged for the one I have now. So far, so good with this one - no double-clicks, no dropped clicks, good wheel. Here's hoping this holds up...such a nice mouse but it's a bit of a gamble at times. :/

CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard
MSI MEG X570 ACE
GPU
Asus GTX1080 Strix
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 32GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black 4 TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Pro 512 GB
Power Supply
EVGA 750 G3
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15 (Chromax)
Case
Fractal Design Define R6 w/ Tempered Glass
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell UltraSharp U2515H
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 RGB (MX Brown)
Mouse
Logitech G Pro Wireless
Mousepad
Aorus AMP300
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50x
Audio
Kanto YU4 (Matte Black)
Audio
Kanto Sub6 (Matte Black)
Audio
Rode NT-USB
Other
Logitech C920
Other
Xbox One Wireless Controller
Other
Wacom Intuos Pro (Medium)
▲ hide details ▲
post #2439 of 2568 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 08:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
Bought a Logitech G Pro wired, with Hero sensor. Welcome me to the club, LoL.

Love the shape (the sides could be a bit more flat though). Love the weight. Love how small it is. Can't speak on sensor performance. The buttons are fantastic.

The skates are utter trash though. Feels extremely scratchy. Should I purchase new skates (Hyperglides or Hotline!) or a new mat? My Hiro is like four years old, though my old mouse glides absolutely fine on it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190507_211814.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	742.2 KB
ID:	268572  

Name:	IMG_20190507_165944.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	268574  

post #2440 of 2568 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 09:23 AM
Mouse addict

Rep: 32 (Unique: 23)
Use it for two weeks (break in), then decide.

Mice currently owned: Logitech G402/G403/G303/G Pro, Zowie FK1/EC2-A/EC2-B/ZA12, Razer Deathadder 2013/Basilisk, Cooler Master Mastermouse S/MM530/MM520, Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye, Dream Machines DM1 Pro S/FPS/DM3 mini, EVGA Torq X3/X5, Ninox Venator, HP Omen 600, Thermaltake Ventus X RGB Optical/Ventus R, Microsoft WMO, Steelseries Rival 310, Nixeus Revel, Ozone Neon M50

Looking to buy and try: Ninox Astrum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in