Logitech G FK / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse - Page 260 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Logitech G FK / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse

post #2591 of 2599 (permalink) Old 05-05-2020, 11:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 2)
A high-end and very expensive mouse having issues even 1.5 years after release makes me a bit mad tbh... Or perhaps the internet is exaggerating and there are only a few GPW who have double clicking issues?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2592 of 2599 (permalink) Old 05-05-2020, 04:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by starmanwarz View Post
A high-end and very expensive mouse having issues even 1.5 years after release makes me a bit mad tbh... Or perhaps the internet is exaggerating and there are only a few GPW who have double clicking issues?
I'm yet to experience it myself, and I haven't changed the switches on either of my GPWs. It can happen, however this isn't entirely a GPW specific thing, the D2FC-F-K(50M) and D2FC-F-7N(20M) switches that Logitech uses are pretty much the most common gaming mouse switches and plenty of other mice have them. The 50M switches in particular seem to have a bit of a bad reputation for developing double-clicking but plenty of 20M equipped G403 owners have encountered the same problem on their mice too.

As long as the manufacturer is good with warranty replacements I don't think there's anything to worry about. Logitech seem to have pretty solid customer support so if it does happen to you I don't think you'll have much trouble getting a replacement.

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
post #2593 of 2599 (permalink) Old 05-06-2020, 08:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
My G-pro does not connect well with its supplied cable any more. If I move it, it disconnects and even the recharging current stops. Is that a known issue? Might that be a consequence of the fact that I used it with its cable connected for a few sessions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2594 of 2599 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 07:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
My mouse button 4 has been double clicking randomly , very annoying. Got some firmware update yesterday talking about fixing some click denouncing algorithm but didnt do jack. Guess its time for RMA , unless anyone knows what's up. ?

post #2595 of 2599 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 08:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 178 (Unique: 117)
Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
At times I have felt like the HERO sensor behaved differently to the 336X sensors I'm used to, but I couldn't tell if it was placebo or not.
It is a bit different. Feels like there's more friction for each pixel traversed on the G403 3366 compared to G Pro Wired Hero, which can of course entirely be due to framerate differences at that specific speed. Things like the AM010 are a good example of this, where it's low framerate and you can just sling it across the whole screen with no friction at all. Things like framerate are way underrated in importance for how a mouse feels.

The dynamic framerate of the Hero 16k vs stepped framerate of the 3366 brings pretty noticeable difference in general. With the 3366 it feels like you're dragging or slinging your cursor at the target, while the dynamic framerate Hero makes it so the cursor is always ready to jump off to the races more easily and there's less of a slinging a weighted sack of rocks at your target feeling. Which equates to a feeling of less friction.

I don't really understand how people claim the dynamic framerate is beneficial for SRAV, though. If anything, seems like it would be worse and a static framerate would be superior like they had in the Kana V2 (6000 static?). The Kana V2 sensor sucks due to large amounts of smoothing (just so they could advertise a high DPI number thus gimping low DPI users in the process). But if you removed smoothing from that sensor, I think it would probably be better than any dynamic framerate mouse.

Mouse Input Lag BIOS & Windows Optimization Guide
too many personal messages to reply to
post #2596 of 2599 (permalink) Old 06-20-2020, 01:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
My replaced G Pro Wireless (batch 2013 firmware version 15.2.26) developed the double-click issue within two months. Now I've got two G Pro Wireless with the double-click issue. I ordered replacement switches and plan on following BeardedBob's Youtube video to get rid of some of the weight and replace the switches.

As a side note, my replaced G Pro (wired, non-hero) also developed the double-click issue. That makes four Logitech mice that have failed me in the last two years.

When playing I don't rage, slam my mouse, or otherwise.
post #2597 of 2599 (permalink) Old 06-20-2020, 01:17 PM
r/wallstreetbets degen

Rep: 11 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by starmanwarz View Post

It's exaggerated and you'll rarely find people that are satisfied with a product making threads raving about it on reddit.

Enthoo Evolv TG :: Maximus X Hero :: i7-8700K :: H115i PRO RGB :: Trident Z RGB 32GB :: AORUS GTX 1080 Ti :: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB :: Dell AW3418DW :: Sennheiser HD800S :: RME-ADI 2 FS
post #2598 of 2599 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 08:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Logitech sent me a brand new GPW after I sent them a video of the double click issue. New mouse works great.

post #2599 of 2599 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 01:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by elucid087 View Post
It's exaggerated and you'll rarely find people that are satisfied with a product making threads raving about it on reddit.
This.

People who bought something that worked as intended usually don't go out of their way to let everyone know.

But the second something isn't as expected the 1 out of 5 star ratings fly in and people make sure everyone knows about how dissatisfied they are.

Quote: Originally Posted by sok0 View Post
Logitech sent me a brand new GPW after I sent them a video of the double click issue. New mouse works great.
I had 2 issues over the years with logitech products, and every single time i had a brand new replacement within 4 days. One out of those 2 times it was a preused mouse i bought of ebay and they still sent me a replacement for it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in