glorious odin gaming mouse teaser - Page 25 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

glorious odin gaming mouse teaser

post #241 of 602 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 08:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 7)
Some people like RGB, some people don't. It's all subjective. It's easy to turn off for those that don't like it, and gives some customization to those that do. If it's really a deal breaker, vote with your wallet and don't buy it.

I personally don't like rainbows, but I do like being able to set a static color of my choosing. I don't think anyone is going to feel a difference of 2-3g. I will be buying one of these to give it a try.

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 602 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 26 (Unique: 22)
I don't like RGB but it's not a big deal they added it. It's still actually 2g lighter than the Ultralight which is the equivalent FM model (not the Air58) since neither has holes in the sides.

mouse: Razer Viper
mousepad: ASUS ROG Scabbard
keyboard: Corsair K70 Rapidfire
monitor: Alienware AW2518HF
headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 S

Last edited by xmr1; 03-06-2019 at 09:43 PM.
post #243 of 602 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 10:59 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 173 (Unique: 89)
Quote: Originally Posted by xmr1 View Post
It's still actually 2g lighter than the Ultralight which is the equivalent FM model (not the Air58) since neither has holes in the sides.
Very curious about what type of Plastic is being used here. Doubt it will be the standard ABS material, due to weight constraints mentioned thus far.

Hoping they started to mix Nylon and Abs together or maybe some kind of undisclosed plastic, yet used by any Mouse Manufacturer .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 602 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 03:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 39 (Unique: 24)
Sadly it uses a button design which can lead to the right mousebutton rubbing against the ringfinger when pressing it (depending on handsize and gripstyle ofc).
For me that happens on the latest mice from Razer and Finalmouse...
post #245 of 602 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 08:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Anyone know the sensor position on this thing? High like Finalmouse/Zowie or more balanced like Logitech/Razer?
post #246 of 602 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 09:52 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Just got an email notice letting us Koala-humpers know that their Glorious O Model 'Ordering' will be available on

PC Case Gear website on March the 10th.

Kinda sux that we are getting all excited for just an ORDER rather than receiving anything as of yet. If this is the NEW way of buying any mice in the future I would rather stick with Logitech then.

At least they have their gear available openly without any special ordering regime (all except their mx518 model series).
post #247 of 602 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 10:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 7)
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post
Just got an email notice letting us Koala-humpers know that their Glorious O Model 'Ordering' will be available on

PC Case Gear website on March the 10th.

Kinda sux that we are getting all excited for just an ORDER rather than receiving anything as of yet. If this is the NEW way of buying any mice in the future I would rather stick with Logitech then.

At least they have their gear available openly without any special ordering regime (all except their mx518 model series).
I got that email too, set a reminder on the day. Although I was hoping the page would be accessible in advance so we could see PCCG's pricing. Don't know if they are gonna inflate the price or not. I'm assuming we can still order directly from Glorious if PCCG's pre-orders run out or if they are too expensive.

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
post #248 of 602 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 12:21 AM
- Insanity Beckons -

Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
I got that email too, set a reminder on the day. Although I was hoping the page would be accessible in advance so we could see PCCG's pricing. Don't know if they are gonna inflate the price or not. I'm assuming we can still order directly from Glorious if PCCG's pre-orders run out or if they are too expensive.
Have no idea how they'll play this.

Whether PCCG gets anything delivered to their address first then they'll distribute it out to us suckers or we'll get it sent directly out from Glorious headquarters overseas.

I'll be in the PCCG buy in, nothing else to do on the 10th but be aware our sad Banana Currency is near worthless now hence do expect to pay far more than any US, British or EU Citizen.
post #249 of 602 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 01:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Looking beyond the cloth mouse pads I'd say the glorious products are simply OK. I think I've tried them all expect for the plastic pad. I am not expecting a Logitech quality product from them but I expect the Odin to be a decent quality finalmouse replacement. IMO glorious is more into appealing to the masses and creating a bang for buck product. Have they said anything about the drivers? Their keyboard drivers felt outdated by ten years as if they were using old first generation razer software. Also, the keyboards are known for shipping and/or arriving bent (so they don't sit flush on desk) which says something about the quality of the product. Plus its very loud/rattly with inconsistent feel. I don't know if I can recommend their keyboard as anything more than a mechanical switch tester, but it doesn't even support all switches so its still hard to recommend for that.

So about the odin... Opinions on the RGB addition are one thing, but I would worry more about the flaws the product will have (both hardware and software), and be very hesitant in pre-ordering the Odin.

Last edited by zeimus; 03-08-2019 at 01:58 PM.
post #250 of 602 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 04:15 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Quote: Originally Posted by zeimus View Post
So about the odin... Opinions on the RGB addition are one thing, but I would worry more about the flaws the product will have (both hardware and software), and be very hesitant in pre-ordering the Odin.
Totally understandable.

A lot of companies sell junk masquerading as Gaming Gear.

But the cost of this thing isn't in Final Mouse territory hence the likelihood that it will be better than any of previously released FM junk is highly likely. Glorious knows the pressure of releasing their first Mouse product here, not saying it will be their best work yet but definitely will piddle over anything done by Final Mouse by miles.

Got far more confidence in Glorious to offer something decent here. In fact I just received their full sized keyboard and their switches work decently. All the stabs work and there was no deflection or wobble of any keys.

Maybe you got a buggered version instead but I certainly didn't. Again it becomes a lottery in what you finally receive here just like buying anything from Logitech, Razer or Zowie.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in