glorious odin gaming mouse teaser - Page 59 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

glorious odin gaming mouse teaser

post #581 of 598 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 06:54 AM
mfw

Rep: 374 (Unique: 197)
Quote: Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
no
Mom?!

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #582 of 598 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 11:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 34)
Quote: Originally Posted by b0z0 View Post
I'm about to RMA mine due to the loose Left mouse button. Has a slight grind when I press it also. Makes it difficult to play CS:GO with a loose button lol
My replacement developed similar issue. My first one had mushy/stiff feeling right click, now my replacement has developed this grinding on M1. Decent mouse, but seems like they need a few more revisions to clear up the quality control issues. Probably just going to dump it on eBay, as I don't want to keep playing the RMA game and paying returning shipping every time.
post #583 of 598 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 07:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by gene-z View Post
My replacement developed similar issue. My first one had mushy/stiff feeling right click, now my replacement has developed this grinding on M1. Decent mouse, but seems like they need a few more revisions to clear up the quality control issues. Probably just going to dump it on eBay, as I don't want to keep playing the RMA game and paying returning shipping every time.
Wow they make you pay return shipping for faulty items? I dunno about the rest of the world but here in Australia that's against consumer rights laws. I've never paid return postage on a defective item that's within warranty, even when dealing with overseas companies like Corsair. If they ask me to pay shipping I always tell them "the customer should not be penalized with additional fees because of your QC screw up" and sometimes quoting the part of the ACL that covers us also helps, even if the company is overseas.

In any case they really should have just sent you a return label, what kind of warranty is it if you have to keep paying shipping costs. :/

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #584 of 598 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 07:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 34)
Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
Wow they make you pay return shipping for faulty items? I dunno about the rest of the world but here in Australia that's against consumer rights laws. I've never paid return postage on a defective item that's within warranty, even when dealing with overseas companies like Corsair. If they ask me to pay shipping I always tell them "the customer should not be penalized with additional fees because of your QC screw up" and sometimes quoting the part of the ACL that covers us also helps, even if the company is overseas.

In any case they really should have just sent you a return label, what kind of warranty is it if you have to keep paying shipping costs. :/

Yes, I had to pay and they refused a request for a return label and offered me a coupon for my troubles. They even demanded video evidence of the issue before they would even allow me to get an RMA # to send it in. I had to go back and forth with them for a few days and tell them it's pretty much impossible to show evidence of how something feels (stiff feeling right click) in a video and they finally let me send it in.
post #585 of 598 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 09:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 46 (Unique: 43)
Quote: Originally Posted by gene-z View Post
Your replacement reminds me of an issue I had randomly last week. All of a sudden my M2 developed a bit of pre-travel and while the button was being pressed in you could feel that the travel was uneven and inconsistent and would it make a creaking sound, as if a plastic burr had developed.
I ended up pushing the button down really hard and it fixed it. I wouldn't recommend anybody trying that unless you're ready to RMA it (like I was) because the button may get stuck or make it worse.

If it happens again I'll RMA it but like you said I'm waiting to see if things improve so I don't end up RMAing a dozen of them. Aside from that weird issue the mouse has been great and I'm really liking it.
Refusing to credit you for shipping labels and asking for video proof of an issue that may not be apparent in a video is crappy service tbh.

Perpetual 21:9
(13 items)
CPU
i7 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC @ 2Ghz
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Cooling
HWLabs Nemesis 360, EK fittings, Photon res w/ D5
Case
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Monitor
34UC79G-B, 144Hz, G-Sync
Keyboard
Corsair K65 LUX
Mouse
Glorious Model O
Mousepad
Steelseries Prism XL
Audio
ATH M50x
▲ hide details ▲
post #586 of 598 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:05 AM
Not a Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 40 (Unique: 31)
Quote: Originally Posted by kikimaru024 View Post
I don't usually pre-order - but this thing looks super interesting & surely it can't be busted...
Quote: Originally Posted by the1freeMan View Post
It's their first mouse, it's more likely than not gonna be busted in one way or another
#duh

"a bad joint can't be that bad right?" -q
post #587 of 598 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 10:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
finally got my model O (ordered it on 14th of July) - for some reason I had to pay shipping twice (once on glorious site and once when picking up the mouse in post office + import taxes.. in the end I paid a ****load for this mouse)

until now I was using G403 wireless

pros:
- left and right click are very clicky and awesome (better clicks than logitech)
- cable is ok and mouse is light (I dont notice the shell flexing)
- scroll wheel is awesome - very precise
- rgb looks ok
- glorious software is ok and doesnt lack any functions
- excellent feet - makes the mouse glide effortlessly on my mousepad (slightly better than my G403 with its custom feet)

cons:
- wireless is vastly superior no matter how light the cable is on Model O (I still feel cable drag in certain situations + I cant just reposition my mouse and use it on the other part of my mousepad without moving the cable first..)
- side buttons arent as good as on logitech (they are clickier on logitech and easier to hit)

regarding the shape - I use claw/fingertip hybrid and find myself holding the mouse too far back so I have to reposition my hand slightly forward so I can reach the first side button

it seems this mouse was made with palm grip in mind cause with fingertip grip my fingers rest almost on the back of the main mouse buttons so they are slightly harder to press (I have large hands)

also I expected to notice more of a difference between 68g and 104(?)g that my G403 has - I can tell the difference but its so small that its a non issue and wouldnt base my mouse purchase just on that

hopefully my Model O doesnt develop a double clicking problem (had several logitech mice that did just that over the years..frustrating to say the least)

X370 Crosshair VI Extreme || Ryzen 2700X + be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 || G.Skill Trident Z 2x8GB 3333CL14 || MSI 1080Ti Gaming X || Samsung EVO 960 500GB + Crucial MX500 500GB m.2 + Crucial MX500 1TB m.2 || 650W Seasonic Prime Platinum || be quiet! Dark Base 700 & 4xSilent Wings 3 140mm 1600RPM PWM || LG 32GK850G 1440p 165Hz Gsync || Xbox One gamepad || CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S || Wireless Logitech G403 || Windows 10 Pro x64
post #588 of 598 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 05:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 89 (Unique: 69)
Quote: Originally Posted by Fanu View Post
finally got my model O (ordered it on 14th of July) - for some reason I had to pay shipping twice (once on glorious site and once when picking up the mouse in post office + import taxes.. in the end I paid a ****load for this mouse)

pros:
- left and right click are very clicky and awesome (better clicks than logitech)
- rgb looks ok
- excellent feet - makes the mouse glide effortlessly on my mousepad (slightly better than my G403 with its custom feet)

cons:
- wireless is vastly superior no matter how light the cable is on Model O (I still feel cable drag in certain situations + I cant just reposition my mouse and use it on the other part of my mousepad without moving the cable first..)
- side buttons arent as good as on logitech (they are clickier on logitech and easier to hit)

regarding the shape - I use claw/fingertip hybrid and find myself holding the mouse too far back so I have to reposition my hand slightly forward so I can reach the first side button

it seems this mouse was made with palm grip in mind cause with fingertip grip my fingers rest almost on the back of the main mouse buttons so they are slightly harder to press (I have large hands)

also I expected to notice more of a difference between 68g and 104(?)g that my G403 has - I can tell the difference but its so small that its a non issue and wouldnt base my mouse purchase just on that

hopefully my Model O doesnt develop a double clicking problem (had several logitech mice that did just that over the years..frustrating to say the least)

Even going from 88g mouse I was using to the model O is huge, so 104g to 68g must be a huge difference not "small" difference. Go try pick up the g403 now it will feel like a brick, my roccat kone feels well heavy when I go to try pick it up after using model O for only 1 day.

I am lucky as overclockers got the model O in stock finally, so it came next day and only cost just over £50. Over all a better mouse than the g pro wireless in my opinion due to it being so much better relative to it's price.

The matt white looks and feels fantastic, incredible clicks an amazing scroll wheel. Best cable I have ever used, all for £45! I used g pro wireless for 4 days before this(returned g pro wireless) and going from wireless to the shoe lace cable is not noticable or annoying.
post #589 of 598 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 07:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by Fanu View Post

pros:
- rgb looks ok

cons:

Try using a mouse bungee(the glorious one is good) i find it helps a lot.
post #590 of 598 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 10:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
also with Model O I have to use 900dpi - I used 800dpi with G403

dunno why but 800dpi feels slower on Model O compared to G403

X370 Crosshair VI Extreme || Ryzen 2700X + be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 || G.Skill Trident Z 2x8GB 3333CL14 || MSI 1080Ti Gaming X || Samsung EVO 960 500GB + Crucial MX500 500GB m.2 + Crucial MX500 1TB m.2 || 650W Seasonic Prime Platinum || be quiet! Dark Base 700 & 4xSilent Wings 3 140mm 1600RPM PWM || LG 32GK850G 1440p 165Hz Gsync || Xbox One gamepad || CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S || Wireless Logitech G403 || Windows 10 Pro x64

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in