Asus TUF Gaming M5 (3327, small ambi) - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asus TUF Gaming M5 (3327, small ambi)

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 04:45 AM
Mouse Junkie

Rep: 39 (Unique: 35)
Quote: Originally Posted by BobBobFSGG View Post
Vanir, any ETA on when will you finish the review (i presume it's gonna be on TPU)? I can get one locally, but you need to pre-order and wait for it to be delivered for some time.

I'm just hoping it has low click latency (anything you can share yet?) and they didn't screw up the mouse with sensor performance or massive main/side buttons pre-travel. Just from looking at the shape/dimensions it looks godsend for my hand (18x10cm) with aggressive claw grip, but only actually using it for some time can tell if it good enough.
No idea, but I'll share my founds here asap.

Logitech G PRO Wireless | Custom Huado Mousepad | Sharkoon PureWriter TKL Blue | HyperX Cloud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 08:58 AM
Mouse Junkie

Alrighty, so:
LOD is between 1 and 2 DVD height—it didn't track at all from 2 but it tracked fine from 1.
Input lag/smoothing is negligible, there is some above ~3200 CPI, but it's less than 2 ms.
PCS is high enough that nobody will hit it in-game for sure, and there is no malfunction speed I could hit.
Tilt slamming doesn't cause issues as far as I could try.
Jittering starts to get noticeable at about 3200 CPI.
No unwanted acceleration and AS.
No sensor lens rattle.
Click debounce is very low, it goes lower than 4 ms. As for click latency, I don't know yet.

Logitech G PRO Wireless | Custom Huado Mousepad | Sharkoon PureWriter TKL Blue | HyperX Cloud
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by vanir1337 View Post
Alrighty, so:
LOD is between 1 and 2 DVD height—it didn't track at all from 2 but it tracked fine from 1.
Input lag/smoothing is negligible, there is some above ~3200 CPI, but it's less than 2 ms.
PCS is high enough that nobody will hit it in-game for sure, and there is no malfunction speed I could hit.
Tilt slamming doesn't cause issues as far as I could try.
Jittering starts to get noticeable at about 3200 CPI.
No unwanted acceleration and AS.
No sensor lens rattle.
Click debounce is very low, it goes lower than 4 ms. As for click latency, I don't know yet.
Thanks for your input.

Did you encounter any issue with your ring and/or pinkie finger? The main button shape (the way it angles down, similar to Abyssus and Atheris) has been known to cause discomfort with those, depending on your grip style.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 10:56 AM
Mouse Junkie

Quote: Originally Posted by Kirisu View Post
Thanks for your input.

Did you encounter any issue with your ring and/or pinkie finger? The main button shape (the way it angles down, similar to Abyssus and Atheris) has been known to cause discomfort with those, depending on your grip style.
No issue for me with that. However the bottom edges of the mouse instantly scratch the mouse pad once you tilt it a few degrees. It will be usable for those who don't pick up the mouse a lot, but for me it's absolutely useless this way.

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 04:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 13)
Looks like a G9x with the wide shell.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 05:01 PM
AAGGHH~ MY EYES~ AAGGHH~

Rep: 157 (Unique: 67)
Is the mouse still usable if the rear cover is removed?
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 05:15 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 179 (Unique: 93)
Curious about the upgraded sensor being the 3327.

The 3325 is Good but waiting to see if this latest upgrade has improved this little sensor somewhat.

Don't forget that Asus doesn't use Razer-like Bloatware software, so that you could actually use their mice - hence Asus is way out in front.

The shape looks weird but I don't see it as being worthless just need to see it up close and use it for a while, to determine whether it's a keeper or not.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 05:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by vanir1337 View Post
Alrighty, so:
Could you please clarify what exactly did you meant here? What testing (quick bump test or more sophisticated testing from sticky click latency compilation thread)? That it's lower than 4ms on that list? Or you meant the click debounce setting ("button response") in the Asus Armoury II software - but lowest value is 4ms according to some YT video (https://youtu.be/NCQ-MFxoyUQ?t=7m35s)?
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 06:36 AM
Mouse Junkie

Quote: Originally Posted by BobBobFSGG View Post
Could you please clarify what exactly did you meant here? What testing (quick bump test or more sophisticated testing from sticky click latency compilation thread)? That it's lower than 4ms on that list? Or you meant the click debounce setting ("button response") in the Asus Armoury II software - but lowest value is 4ms according to some YT video (https://youtu.be/NCQ-MFxoyUQ?t=7m35s)?
I used qsxcv's lr programs.

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 08:33 AM
Mouse Junkie

Click latency is 1.2 ms slower than a Logitech G102 (covered lens).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in