FK/ ZA series 3360 - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

FK/ ZA series 3360

post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 03:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 17)
Quote: Originally Posted by Venrar View Post
Can you tell me the width of the g203?
When you take into account the V-shaping, at the bottom of the mouse it goes down to 50mm. It's made for midgets.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 04:01 AM
mfw

Rep: 383 (Unique: 200)
Quote: Originally Posted by SmashTV View Post
A lot of that applies to Zowie. Namely the bad main buttons, bad side buttons, tracking issues, online retailer difficulty.
I agree. After owning a G703, I can honestly say the buttons and scrollwheel of my previous Zowie mice are pretty mediocre.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 09:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by e4stw00t View Post
What has that to do with your initial claim that they have no competition on small mice? What would be the width of a 3360 FK2?

You are constantly jumping back and forth arguing from a point of personal subjective preference and general claims.

Color me surprised a significant number of consumers go for the low end, entry level; once again what has that to do with your claim.

Evidence? Anything beyond the underlying logic you use so far which is "it's my personal preferred shape, so it has to be the most dope mouse ever that sells like hotcakes.

Point 1 - the G203, wired G-Pro is an oft cited example of a good small mouse. I have already given reasons why I think this is inaccurate. What it has to do with my claim was that, as you noted, I said they do not face competition in the smaller mouse areas leading to a sales decline. Several people brought up a bunch of mice that they like quite a lot, that are small, but I argue that they either have significant flaws that would not attract current zowie consumers, or that the manufacturers are not well known enough or trusted enough to capture market share.

Point 2 - You completely ignored my point on sales and profitability. The g203 sells well because it is cheap, but unless you can give me some numbers on how much revenue logitech generates on that specific model versus how much zowie generates with their comparable lineup of mice, an amazon sales link is not going to be an accurate measure of success. You said, "Sales figures don't back up your statement." An Amazon top10 list will not suffice as sales figures.

Point 3 - It's very easy to win an argument when you straw-man someone. You said earlier in the thread, " One can only assume that Zowie doesn't face too much of sales decline of the current version to be forced to replace it with an 3360 successor, that or Benq doesn't care all that much about Zowie sales to begin with - other than that it does make little sense that the brand that marketed itself..." By your own standard I'm assuming you have evidence for this lack of a sales decline, do share with everyone the longitudinal sales data you have on Zowie's product lineup. Your arguments are no more supported with data than anyone else's. If you think my argument is not persuasive that's fine, but don't hide behind sales figures you know neither of us have, and neither of us are willing to get. I'm not about to launch an expensive multivariate analysis on Zowie's sales rate of smaller mice to win an argument on a message board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 10:31 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 339 (Unique: 240)
Their shapes are mediocre and they did go broke, were sold to BenQ. All the Zowie mice are made for midgets, teens, asians, smaller handed people, even FK1+ is too small compared to G403. Add the endless issues they have quality and parts choice wise, high prices, poor availability, don't even bother looking for Zowie mice really. If you must have the shape buy one used and put Logitech internals or other custom ones into it.
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 11:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 13)
Quote: Originally Posted by Venrar View Post
Your arguments are no more supported with data than anyone else's. If you think my argument is not persuasive that's fine, but don't hide behind sales figures you know neither of us have, and neither of us are willing to get. I'm not about to launch an expensive multivariate analysis on Zowie's sales rate of smaller mice to win an argument on a message board.
Dude I did not have an argument to being with - YOU claimed Zowie has NO competition in the small gaming mice sub-section.
Where is your proof for that statement?

It's not on me to debunk your claim but on you to back up such a bold statement with anything remotely being considered as evidence!
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 09:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
While I don't agree on the whole "transplant a 3366 into a Zowie mouse" thing (the G305 into FK2 transplant was pretty neat though), because it is rather useless in my opinion... It's kind of sad that it went from me thinking the EC2-A and FK1 felt great at the time they weren't bought by BenQ, to thinking they're both a pile of trash quality-wise.

They're cheapskates, while I do love the FK1+ shape-wise (whoever talked about it above me didn't have one, it's not small in comparison to a G403, lmao), the wheel feels like soft and squishy instead of solid, the scrolling is like going through mud and I don't wanna talk about the coating (while I got the matte one on the FK1+, it doesn't feel as nice as the coatings from the older Zowie mice). Clicks were also heaps better, although the white version addresses that actually.

No way in hell the scroll wheel got so bad just by going from 24-step to 16-step. I know some people had scroll bugs with them and nowadays still do, but the 24-step wheel did feel better by miles for me on both my white logo FK1 and EC2-A. In general, I tend to try and get the white version and also second-hand from Ebay or Amazon. I don't feel like giving them any more money and I haven't done so for 2 and a half years.

Last edited by Pa12a; 11-02-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in