Finalmouse Air58 - Page 18 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Finalmouse Air58

post #171 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 02:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
no, not how it works.

No. 4000 would not be fine on most modern sensors.
There is this website overclock.net - you can dig a lot of relevant information there, regarding sensor smoothing and jitter. So you better do that, instead of spreading this bull****.

I wish there was a way to translate "actually see an improvement ingame" into factual and measurable evidences.

the opposite

Please, my friend, hop in csgo and double zoom from a long to site on d2. Set one dpi profile on 400dpi, one on 4000dpi. Sens 2 for 400 dpi, sens .2 for 4000dpi. You'll notice the difference, too. But you won't notice "smoothing and jitter" on higher dpi. You might be able to measure it with weird software that, according to many mouse manufacturers is absolutely not reading correct valuec, but you can't actually notice it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 02:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by untouchable247 View Post
Please, my friend, hop in csgo and double zoom from a long to site on d2. Set one dpi profile on 400dpi, one on 4000dpi. Sens 2 for 400 dpi, sens .2 for 4000dpi. You'll notice the difference, too. But you won't notice "smoothing and jitter" on higher dpi. You might be able to measure it with weird software that, according to many mouse manufacturers is absolutely not reading correct valuec, but you can't actually notice it.
I wish you would know what is smoothing, jitter and angle skipping

Last edited by numberfive; 01-27-2019 at 03:43 AM.
post #173 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 04:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 61 (Unique: 52)
I tried a friends Air, and holy hell I hated that.
The scrollwheel is already slippery and low on the UL pro, this was freaking lube, also hated the holes on the sides, felt horrible to the thumb.

It pains to say this but I do like the UL pro the most out of all my mice, sad I will not be able to buy one again :d Even if FM decide to not die their next mouse will have even more holes and feel even worse.
I guess I better get used to another mouse because when the UL pro dies I cannot find another one lul (outside paying 1500$ on ebay without any warranty )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #174 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 07:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 122 (Unique: 84)
Yeah the holes near the thumb suck. Too of the mouse isnt great either. Lil sharp, gonna end up buying some thin fingerless gloves if i stick with it. I liked the design of the sunset way better, wish i coulda got that.

Oh well glorious is releasing the odin soon. No holes near them thumbs.

But seriously I didn’t mean to start an argument with the dpi thing, i just been out of pc gaming for a few years n 6000dpi was average.. people were still buying 12000dpi razers... i just found what i liked. Dpi is easier than messing with in game sensitivity...

(If y'all) ain’t ready for the old murder, then what you gonna do with the new me?
post #175 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 08:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by tatmMRKIV View Post
i just been out of pc gaming for a few years n 6000dpi was average..
maximum number is absolutely irrelevant, be it 6k or 16k

Quote:
Dpi is easier than messing with in game sensitivity...
no, not at all.
post #176 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 09:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

how is pushing a button not easier than going into the menu during the middle of a match?

(If y'all) ain’t ready for the old murder, then what you gonna do with the new me?
post #177 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 10:08 AM
Mouse reviewer

Rep: 405 (Unique: 238)
Quote: Originally Posted by untouchable247 View Post
Ultralol
post #178 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 02:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by tatmMRKIV View Post
how is pushing a button not easier than going into the menu during the middle of a match?
explain to me how it is easy to chose between ~4 profiles that you have in your mouse?
what do you do if lowest of the settings is 10 times more than you need in the game?

I don't want to know actually. just educate yourself before spreading bs.
post #179 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 05:10 AM
✔️

Rep: 36 (Unique: 35)
Apparently finalmouse is sending me a replacement because I have the issue where the left side of the mouse is a little bit loose. Has anyone here gotten a replacement from them before? Do they let you keep the original one or do they make you send it back? Shipping it to them is going to cost me around 50€. Also oddly enough they never asked me for any kind of proof of purchase.

CPU
Intel Core i7-3770k
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
Club3D R9 290X Battlefield 4 Edition
RAM
Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz cl9
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black 4TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 830 128gb
Power Supply
Corsair AX850
Cooling
NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 360
Cooling
EK-FC R9-290X Backplate
Cooling
EK-Supremacy Acetal + Nickel
Cooling
5x Scythe Gentlle typhoon 1850rpm
Cooling
NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 240
Cooling
EK-D5 Vario X-RES 140
Cooling
EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal + Nickel Full Cover
Cooling
EK ZMT 16/10MM tubing
Cooling
10x EK-CSQ Fitting 10/16mm
Case
Corsair Carbide Air 540
Operating System
Windows 8 Pro English 64-bit
Monitor
Acer V233h
Monitor
BenQ XL2430T
Keyboard
Ducky Shine 2
Mouse
Ninox Aurora
Mouse
Roccat Taito King-size 3mm
Audio
Sennheiser PC 360
Audio
Creative Gigaworks T3
Other
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Audio
▲ hide details ▲
post #180 of 203 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 09:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

I initially typed alot more than this but you have some sort of mental issue so thatd be a waste of my time to have to respond to another completely ridiculous post where you have materially misunderstood my post. I have not “spread” anything. In the whole of my PC experience mouse crap is so low on my list of french seals that i give.... i heard what you said about having a bias toward using ingame sensitivity. Did it... awesome.. runnin 2k with .75 x .73y. Still dialing it in... still using multiple dpi settings in the 6k range for menus and desktop, and in the lower range for games.

Im just gonna go back to building my z390 dark, cherry picked 9900k, cherry picked bdie, oc platform. And building out my hardline for my rtx 2080ti. XP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in