Overclock.net banner

Finalmouse Air58

47K views 202 replies 61 participants last post by  skupples 
#1 ·
So last night I managed to order and make a payment for one of these from MaxGaming site which was pretty hard as the site was crashing all the time. Here is the official Air58 mouse thread.

It's pretty much an Ultralight Phantom with more holes and handmade Haiku Scrolls. Weight is 58g.

Finalmouse says "Everything was redesigned from the ground up, but still with the classic shape of the Phantom and ULP. New bottom chassis, new lattice geometry on the sides (that also adds grip), new PCB, new internal frame… the list goes on."

Comes in Cherry Blossom Red, and Cherry Blossom Blue.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I feel like shilling would probably be more effective if people could actually buy the product in question.

#6 ·
Ive also managed to pay for one on the maxgaming site which has been hard. Been trying to get my hand on a finalmouse for most of the year so far. Just never managed to pay for one as they sold out all the time so quick.

#7 ·
They could make air1 and no one should care when you can't buy it. Looks nice yeah yeah it does, if it doesn't have major issues and the shape fits your hand and grip. Availability of any Finalmouse? More of a non availability. 1 seller in EU? Only sells new air58 and no older mice? No stock? You know what, just give out a name of the factory in China that is making these so we can order direct XD Would be faster than waiting until corporations figure out the logistics and old style supply chain.

Colors: :thumbsdow
Branding: ninja what? :thumbsdow
Scroll: text, really? :thumbsdow
Price: very steep, twice that of competing products, :thumbsdow

I'm sure it's a great mouse if you're a YouTuber etc. who gets a sample for free or they made the mouse "for you" with your silly name, doesn't have to wait 6 months and spend a significant portion of their monthly income on a mouse. Simply not worth it for most regular people. Ugly styled supercar like mouse? Sort of.

#15 ·
Colors: :thumbsdow
Branding: ninja what? :thumbsdow
Scroll: text, really? :thumbsdow
Price: very steep, twice that of competing products, :thumbsdow

I'm sure it's a great mouse if you're a YouTuber etc. who gets a sample for free or they made the mouse "for you" with your silly name, doesn't have to wait 6 months and spend a significant portion of their monthly income on a mouse. Simply not worth it for most regular people. Ugly styled supercar like mouse? Sort of.
I agree on the colors/branding, it's too much for me. If it were one or the other on the symbols/signature it wouldn't be so bad (the scream mouse signature didn't bother me but probably would have if they put crosshairs all over the mouse wheel) and the colors are weird because they don't match any kind of color scheme that is present in heavy PC user setups so they look weird sitting on my desk. The red a little less so since red/black is a common LED light combination for products (zowie/benq/corsair etc)

#8 ·
The red is sold out on maxgaming, seems like some blues are in stock. I ordered one. I love these mice even though I hate the company, how they sell them, and am deeply worried about how long they will last before starting to break down. But you just can't get a mouse with a size and shape this good at anywhere near this weight. Sigh.

#17 ·
I swear if Finalmouse manage to send me another blood cuff this time I'll have a stroke.

#19 ·
Did they literally send you a blood cuff? Ever got your mouse?

#31 ·
I'm in no way affiliated with Finalmouse but I don't get all the hate the company gets. Yes they released the same shape a few times, but from 67g to 58g is a great achievement in my book. The shape fits many people extremely well so who gives that it's a OEM with holes in it? Currently there is no other alternative for an extremely lightweight mouse with a build in paracord, which are all features that enthusiasts want from a mouse.

Finalmouse delivered the best e-sports mouse with a cable, Logitech the best wireless e-sports mouse with their GPW. If the shapes suit you of course, I don't like it so I still use my EC2-A.

They made some mistakes and their marketing is kinda cringe, but the product is what counts in my book and it's a very good one imho. Yes it's expensive, so is the GPW which is kinda more fair because of all the high tech features Logitech has built in it. But it's cheaper then the GPW.

Just appreciate the fact that there is for once a company who goes all out on weight reduction so we finally get a freaking huge mouse with less then 60g AND a paracord. That's huge.

#32 ·
Finalmouse made a mistake thinking mouse enthusiasts have a sense of humour when talking about mouse features. They know very well their product is a Finalmeme so they tried to go with the flow. In the end they got their mouse sold, so I think they can live with the fact that not all liked their marketing style. As for me... well I like Conan O'Brien too. (Conan fans know what I'm talking about)

#37 ·
They seem to be going for that supreme scarcity strategy by only producing limited quantities. I'm surprised they didn't raise the price, I figured they would want to cash in on the hype they create like those people that sell them for 200 after. I don't see why they can't just update the original ULs with the new features and stock up on them tho, don't think that necessarily kills the hype if you have other limited quantity items.

#42 ·
Meh, I preordered mine. Just in case, I'll sell it and I'll become rich.

#47 ·
So has anyone in the US that ordered from their official store actually had their mouse ship out yet? Two weeks from ordering the mouse and not having it ship out is a bit excessive.

#49 ·
I did email max gaming and the reply was that they dont have the units in stock yet. Once they receieved the units in 1-2weeks, they will send out an email once dispatched.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.