Tiger Gaming new mouse feet line-up with pure ptfe & rounded edges - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Tiger Gaming new mouse feet line-up with pure ptfe & rounded edges

post #21 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 02:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by the1freeMan View Post
Don't like how they are rounded, they took off too much material. Will last less an possibly sink easier in softer pads.
Plus it looks like there is a pretty distinct ridge line a the bottom of the "arch", could be just the picture.
mine don't really look like there's a distinct ridge

I don't use a super squishy pad, but there's more to press down into compared to a qck+ or something completely flat. I haven't felt like it's noticeably easier to press down

also as expected after 1 day of use they've come down in slipperiness a lot and feel more standard. still a super smooth feeling when doing a fast swipe and stopping. they're smooth enough to not really provide a fantastic "break" if anyone needs that, but it's more consistent feeling for stopping movement in different directions atm. It could just be because they're new, but my guess is they'll be a little more like hyperglides and not get scratched or peel on the edges as easily :^)

I doubt feet like this won't last for a decent stretch of time, no idea if they'll last for a REALLY long time. IMO people should be changing their feet every like 3-4 months anyway (depending on the feet and usage), but I use lower sens than most so mileage varies I guess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 04:22 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 173 (Unique: 89)
Quote: Originally Posted by Lolcarrots View Post
IMO people should be changing their feet every like 3-4 months anyway (depending on the feet and usage), but I use lower sens than most so mileage varies I guess
Damn, I've still got functioning HyperGlides on my IE 3.0 from 2011.

Don't know why you youngster's all wear out your mouse feet in a couple of months time, what gives?

Just bought 4 sets of feet for various mouse models off Takasta's webstore. I'll see how truly durable they are and if they will last till 2027 .

Last edited by Elrick; 01-18-2019 at 04:26 PM.
post #23 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 04:54 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 339 (Unique: 240)
I never wore out any feet even on mice I used for 10+ years. Depends what pad you use, on cloth? They smoothen out and that's it.
On hard pads, well what do you expect, it will eat the mouse feet.

Too bad Tiger launched these so late, liked their previous feet on my IE3.0 although their thickness selection was weird at the time and they used a foam to make the feet higher instead of using thicker material.
The rounded edges definitely matter, lose that and most feet scratch until they wear in.

Most feet and pads glide well the first month, give it a year and then make comparisons really. PTFE do help over standard stock who knows what crappy material feet in the long run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 05:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post
Damn, I've still got functioning HyperGlides on my IE 3.0 from 2011.

Don't know why you youngster's all wear out your mouse feet in a couple of months time, what gives?
Since you use an IE 3.0, I'm assuming you play on an obscenely high sensitivity. maybe something like 20-25cm/360? I play on ~70cm/360 and for zooming in some games closer to like 135-140cm/360 or sometimes even lower depending on a few things.

If we assume it's just hipfire, it wouldn't be unreasonable to say I move my mouse around probably at least 3 times as much as you do assuming we play for equal amounts of time. How many hours do you play a day on average over large spans of time? Moving a mouse around for like 12-13+ hours a day on 70cm+/360 tends to wear feet out pretty quickly. I was also basing that claim on how often I would change my stock feet on my g303. For something like hyperglides I would say maybe once every 6 months or so (big maybe, idk). depends a lot on the roughness of the pad being used
post #25 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 03:25 AM
►¿¿¿

Rep: 49 (Unique: 42)
i wouldent call 20-25cm/360 "obscenely high", its on the higher side of medium sens sure.

i -would- call 70cm/360 obscenely low though, to an absurd point

for reference i use about 45cm/360 with my ime 3.0, which id call usual low sens

buuuut i guess were all different.

-.-
(14 items)
CPU
3700x
Motherboard
Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
RAM
G.skill FlareX 3200Mhz CL14
Hard Drive
SX8200 Pro 1TB +30 TB Spinning Rust
Power Supply
Seasonic SSR-1000TR
Cooling
Dark Rock 4 Pro
Case
Fractal R6 (Dont buy, terrible HDD trays)
Operating System
Win 10 Pro x64
Monitor
Viewsonic VX2268wm
Keyboard
SteelKeys 6G
Mouse
Pro Intellimouse
Mousepad
QcK Heavy/Artisan Zero XL FX
Audio
Craptive AE-5
▲ hide details ▲
post #26 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 02:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 46)
Why would an IE3.0 imply high sensitivity anyway?

a_ak57
(20 items)
CPU
Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz
Motherboard
ASRock P67 Fatal1ty Professional
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
RAM
2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz
RAM
2x 4GB G. Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz DDR3
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 1TB
Hard Drive
Seagate ST3000DM001
Hard Drive
Toshiba PH3500U-1I72
Optical Drive
Pioneer Blu-ray Drive BDC-207DBK
Power Supply
Cooler Master V850
Cooling
Corsair H100i
Case
NZXT H630 (matte black)
Operating System
Windows 10 64-bit
Monitor
Dell U2713HM
Monitor
ASUS VG236H
Keyboard
Cooler Master Novatouch
Mouse
Logitech G Pro Wireless
Mousepad
HyperX Fury S Speed Edition Large
Audio
Sennheiser HD800
Audio
Grace Design M9XX
▲ hide details ▲

post #27 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 03:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 27)
I am using 41cm/360 in csgo and my hyperglides usually only last me 2-3 months on a clothpad (talent).
post #28 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 03:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by a_ak57 View Post
low PCS

Quote: Originally Posted by jayfkay View Post
I am using 41cm/360 in csgo and my hyperglides usually only last me 2-3 months on a clothpad (talent).
I actually haven't used a talent. Does it eat feet faster than other cloth pads?
post #29 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 04:50 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 339 (Unique: 240)
Quote: Originally Posted by a_ak57 View Post
It has 450 CPI, so either you glide on the mouse like mad man or on the other hand set your ingame sens high and wrist play instead. You don't need to use high in game sensitivity.
Some games it doesn't even matter what you have past 400 CPI really but for 3D games it's better to have 800+ so the ingame angle is small and you get finer control especially at long distances.
post #30 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 02:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Anyone got any feedback about these?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in