Tiger Gaming new mouse feet line-up with pure ptfe & rounded edges - Page 6 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Tiger Gaming new mouse feet line-up with pure ptfe & rounded edges

post #51 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 04:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
remove the old ones

Just lurking around, don't mind me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 09:18 AM
Not a Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 41 (Unique: 32)
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
I have Corepads on my G403, again they are sort of semitransparent when put on a black mouse, they are not thin through for the mouse. But their glide face is not smooth it has 2 peaks = rounded edges and a valley in middle. This makes them kind of noisy and don't glide as well as white PTFE feet should.

In comparison even my 2 year old Tiger feet grayish white on IE3.0 are smooth, quieter and glide about same.

Can G403 use smaller feet from G102/203/Gpro? I really don't know why they make so many feet on mice gigantic. IE3.0 feet could barely fit from the looks of it and I still have a new pair of those old Tigers. Gpro style feet come with the inner ring though so I might buy those instead of G403 huge feet if it fits but because the edges are not oval like IE3.0 feet they really may not fit :/ G305 again seems to have different feet than Gpro, thinner longer.

I think Corepad, Hotline, Hyperglide, what ever popular brands are kind of overhyped. I got the cheapo Tigers back then and they are more than fine and as it turns out even better than newer Corepads...
The only feet I ever wear down are stock rubbish black feet on newer mice, I could never wear down old gray IE3.0 feet what ever plastic those are from.

Too bad all feet makers take forever to release feet for a specific mouse even though it takes 1 day to make a metal punch for it.

I want feet that are from white PTFE or better effortless glide with as little static friction as possible, rounded edges but flat face otherwise. Corepads aren't that.

IE 3.0 feet fit on the g403 but you need to cut the bottom feet thinner. Cut and sand the edge with grits up to ~1000 if you have more better, start for 400/600

"a bad joint can't be that bad right?" -q
post #53 of 99 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 09:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 45 (Unique: 38)
I prefer to put new skates on top of the old ones. Prefer the mouse performance with the taller skate and I have found that when you remove the factory skates, it is hard to get replacement skate to stick perfectly as well as the old skate within the plastic bezel. My EC2 has had Tiger game skates on it for 3 years now stacked over the original skates, they stick really solid and no do not come off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 99 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 06:42 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 173 (Unique: 89)
Quote: Originally Posted by Vario View Post
I prefer to put new skates on top of the old ones. Prefer the mouse performance with the taller skate and I have found that when you remove the factory skates, it is hard to get replacement skate to stick perfectly as well as the old skate within the plastic bezel. My EC2 has had Tiger game skates on it for 3 years now stacked over the original skates, they stick really solid and no do not come off.
Have used in the past a special glue that adheres to everything plastic, hence if feet work their way off the mouse shell the glue makes sure they stay there - permanently.

Remembered it was a Selley's product glue, forgot the exact name of it....
post #55 of 99 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 06:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post
Have used in the past a special glue that adheres to everything plastic, hence if feet work their way off the mouse shell the glue makes sure they stay there - permanently.

Remembered it was a Selley's product glue, forgot the exact name of it....
2components glue is always a good choice
I prefer Pattex ( Henkel ) , ok a bit of "use german products" makes a role in this decision
post #56 of 99 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 05:15 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 342 (Unique: 242)
Quote: Originally Posted by the1freeMan View Post
IE 3.0 feet fit on the g403 but you need to cut the bottom feet thinner. Cut and sand the edge with grits up to ~1000 if you have more better, start for 400/600
Yeah I have my G403 in pieces and IE3.0 feet don't fit by about half a millimeter.
Still looking as to what feet might fit the G403 that don't span the whole damn arches when in fact it could use 5 oval feet instead and have better glide.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vario View Post
I have no problem with feet sticking to the mouse, if anything it's easier to peel off PTFE feet from their glue than glue from the mouse. It takes no special glue to put mouse feet on if one needs to use a glue for some DIY feet that have no glue backing.
post #57 of 99 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 11:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
i have the tiger rounded mouse feet on my g305. they're amazing, much better than corepads.
post #58 of 99 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 12:12 PM
Not a Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 41 (Unique: 32)
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
Yeah I have my G403 in pieces and IE3.0 feet don't fit by about half a millimeter.
As I said. You need to CUT that extra half mm away and sand the edge.

"a bad joint can't be that bad right?" -q
post #59 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 03:03 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 342 (Unique: 242)
I'm getting these newer Tiger's instead, see how they compare to corepads which to me kind of like to stick and have higher "static friction" on the initial part of moving than old Tigers on my IE3.0 but that could be due to how large G403 feet are. Still the corepads are far from great in other aspects as well. I can always butcher the corepads and test with them.
post #60 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 06:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 78 (Unique: 63)
On the topic of glue and Teflon, Teflon is extremely non-reactive, so to get something to adhere to it you generally have to activate the surface somehow, this generally means either chemical etching or plasma etching, to knock some of the Fluorine atoms off. You can also buy bearing tape that comes with adhesive already applied, but it's pretty expensive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in