Tiger Gaming new mouse feet line-up with pure ptfe & rounded edges - Page 8 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Tiger Gaming new mouse feet line-up with pure ptfe & rounded edges

post #71 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 11:59 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 300 (Unique: 219)
Quote: Originally Posted by plyr View Post
Just installed on my mamba wireless, its very good, better than the original.

But, there's a slight issue with this type of mouse feet, the very center never actually stay glued, so if you apply these and store the mouse somewhere, next time you pick it up, the feet will come right off.
Well as I asked before about how they round the feet, it's same same crappy way Corepad does it, except corepad ones have the center falldown giving them the 2 peaks and center will stay glued on. Again these look as if they are punched out on some soft material, meaning yes the edges are curved but the whole pad is warped/curved, the edges aren't crushed down by force much they are bent down. Seems like they don't use a metal bed with a high pressure press to cut these, at least to me, as that should result in the edges getting cut and crushed without pads bending like this.

Quote: Originally Posted by Blze001 View Post
Silly question from someone who isn't well versed in the art of mice: would feet like this benefit heavy mice too? Or do they primarily improve lighter ones. My G602 is quite the fatty.
Feet have nothing to do with mouse weight. Actually the more force from gravity there is the more important contact surface/feet are. If you want to nitpick.

Quote: Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
How thick are they?
Quote: Originally Posted by Brumor View Post
Are these thicker or thinner than Corepad feet?
I just put both into a packet, do I gotta take a caliper out and measure them? Guess I do... They seemed same thickness to my eyes.

Tigers come separated with a light brown backing/glue on them and a thin clear foil.
Corepads come stuck together on a "3M" paper.

Both are around 0.9mm with their curve and backing.
Without curve around 0.8mm with backing.
Corepad pure glide material thickness, no backing, no glue, no curve, 0.525mm.

As almost all feet they are the same thickness and that's what you want anyway as altering height alters sensor distance from pad.

I would say the Tiger's glide a little better but I have to wait before installing them on my mouse. It's too bad they didn't round the edges proper, guess it costs too much to use a proper press/cut machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 03:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 27)
It literally does not matter how the edges are rounded, you will break them in within days, nullifying any sort of preexisting shape or rounding for the most part.
its just pointless nitpicking as seems to be common decency around here.
post #73 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 04:28 PM
Overclocker

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Does break in happen faster on softer pads or something? My first set of aftermarket mouse feet was the Hotline Competition feet on my Rival 600 and I used that for a while on my ASUS Scabbard pad and the edges are still pretty square and they still sound scratchy. The Tiger feet on my G403 are much quieter and while I didn't mind the Hotlines, I prefer the feel and quietness of the tigers over them.

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD

Last edited by Zammin; 05-11-2019 at 08:33 PM.
post #75 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:35 AM
Mouse Maniac

Rep: 0
its not that soft pads break in mouse feet faster, more that they're more forgiving of scratchy feet and do not make as much noise or as easily

8770k @ 5 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 SC | Windows 10 Pro
Mice: Logitech G Pro Wireless | Logitech G403 Wireless | Logitech G Pro | Logitech G203 | Zowie EC1-A | Zowie EC1-B | Zowie ZA11 | Zowie FK1+ | Zowie FK1 | Finalmouse Ultralight Sunset
Mousepads: Artisan FX Hyate Otsu Soft XL | Artisan FX Zero XSoft XL | Artisan Hyate Otsu XSoft L | Steelseries QCK Heavy | Zowie GSR Black | HyperX Fury S Speed | HyperX Fury S Pro
post #76 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 03:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

@JackCY Thank you for your reply!
post #77 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 04:19 PM
Overclocker

Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
Does break in happen faster on softer pads or something? My first set of aftermarket mouse feet was the Hotline Competition feet on my Rival 600 and I used that for a while on my ASUS Scabbard pad and the edges are still pretty square and they still sound scratchy. The Tiger feet on my G403 are much quieter and while I didn't mind the Hotlines, I prefer the feel and quietness of the tigers over them.
Cloth pads don't really wear out mouse feet unless you have the Logitech stock supersoft black feet, those I did manage to wear a bit. Where as over many many years the "plastic" IE3.0 feet didn't wear a bit really, neither did grayish older Tigers on IE3.0.

If you have a hard pad such as glass or table (RIP table), etc. you're gonna wear the feet down. The edges? Nah, not really, you will strip the cutting edge a bit but grinding them down flat will keep the edge sharp anyway.

You can sand edges of feet round with sandpaper, I used 2000 grit but it takes a while. I did it on Corepad round punch outs. Noise of friction for mouse feet is mostly from edges. If it sounds scratchy, then edges aren't rounded.
post #78 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 07:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Is there a trick to remove the thin plastic film on the adhesive side of the feet?

The set I used for my GPW, the plastic film on the adhesive side was a pain to get off.

Normal rubbing the edges gently with you finger tip or nail ended up bringing up the adhesive off the ptfe material and the plastic film would not separate easily unlike other mouse feet.
post #79 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:48 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 170 (Unique: 87)
Quote: Originally Posted by ridewhirlwinds View Post
Is there a trick to remove the thin plastic film on the adhesive side of the feet?

The set I used for my GPW, the plastic film on the adhesive side was a pain to get off.

Just used by ever reliable Finger Nail, on my Thumb. That baby can strip paint of metal when used viciously, but can be gentle and kind on this plastic film.

Wasn't hard to remove at all but my thumb is huge compared to the thin tiny pieces, of the G Pro W mouse feet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in