Logitech MX300/G1/G3-alikes - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Logitech MX300/G1/G3-alikes

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Menthalion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 272
Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Logitech MX300/G1/G3-alikes

This thread intended as an aggregate for links, reviews and comparisons on future and currently available game grade mice shaped like the original Logitech MX300 / G1 / G3.

  • short (< ~120 mm)
  • symmetrical body
  • roughly parallel front sides with at most a slight inward slant
  • lower than average (< 38 mm) profile
  • light (< 90 g)
  • at most 2 side buttons (per side)
  • no butt flare.

I will try keep this post updated when new info comes in. Additions, discussions and suggestions welcome.


Last edited by Menthalion; 02-15-2019 at 05:47 AM.
Menthalion is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 12:37 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
stpbozin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 10
Rep: 0
mx300/g1/g3 have a lenght of 115mm.
Bloody Q80 - avago3050 126x73x40 105g
Bloody V2M - 124 x 67 x 43 160g
How it fits your list of mx300 shaped mices ?
stpbozin is offline  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 12:40 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Leopardi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,405
Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
It's weird how it seems impossible to find 3360 mice with no widening butt. It's what made the G100s so good shape, very maneuverable.

Leopardi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Menthalion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 272
Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by stpbozin View Post
mx300/g1/g3 have a lenght of 115mm.
Bloody Q80 - avago3050 126x73x40 105g
Bloody V2M - 124 x 67 x 43 160g
How it fits your list of mx300 shaped mices ?
There's not much information on English sites to go on. I was going on the measurements on their site. Q80 / P80 / P80 pro / SP80 are all 122 x 30mm there, and have a a huge overhang at the front, which shouldn't influence your grip or drag at the front. The beauty of the MX300 shape was the freedom how far back you could hold the mouse, and that shouldn't be influenced too much. Seeing the dearth of candidates, I think effective length is more important than measured length.

No weights or specific sensors are mentioned there, and I couldn't find a good source for them. 160 grams for an ambi, how do you even do that ? On the basis of 40mm height (and presumably outrageous weight) I'll scrap the V2M, and the Q80 for the 3050 sensor. The other ones seem to have a 3360, and going on their published size should be OK. I'd love to have some more sources if these sizes differ in reality, or what their weight is. I'm also quite curious what people that reviewed them think of the asymmetric cable.

Last edited by Menthalion; 01-16-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Menthalion is offline  
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Menthalion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 272
Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by Leopardi View Post
It's weird how it seems impossible to find 3360 mice with no widening butt. It's what made the G100s so good shape, very maneuverable.
Seeing there's almost no mice possible on this list, I was wondering how far we could stray from the requirements. A Venator flares a small bit, but is full height (40mm). A DM3 mini or Rival 110 flare a bit more, but at least have the height and length requirements. The Astrum alpha is longer and higher, but has no butt flare and very straight sides.

Last edited by Menthalion; 01-16-2019 at 02:12 PM.
Menthalion is offline  
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 02:18 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
stpbozin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 10
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Menthalion View Post
There's not much information on English sites to go on. I was going on the measurements on their site. Q80 / P80 / P80 pro / SP80 are all 122 x 30mm there, and have a a huge overhang at the front, which shouldn't influence your grip or drag at the front. The beauty of the MX300 shape was the freedom how far back you could hold the mouse, and that shouldn't be influenced too much. Seeing the dearth of candidates, I think effective length is more important than measured length.

No weights or specific sensors are mentioned there, and I couldn't find a good source for them. 160 grams for an ambi, how do you even do that ? On the basis of 40mm height (and presumably outrageous weight) I'll scrap the V2M, and the Q80 for the 3050 sensor. The other ones seem to have a 3360, and going on their published size should be OK. I'd love to have some more sources if these sizes differ in reality, or what their weight is. I'm also quite curious what people that reviewed them think of the asymmetric cable.
Asymmetric cable doest matter. p80 pro have PMW3360 sensor, sp80 have same sensor and 94g weight. All their mices are weird and heavy and have metallic mouse feets. You know its a4tech, they selling software for their mices, its allows you to use scripts for dicreasing spray from weapon in differents games. I mean its basicly simple cheat engine builded in bloody drivers and they promoting this software. And its like you can buy mice with activated software or buy access to it and mice with preactivated cheats will be a bit more expensive.
Man i honestly dont undestand why you expecting anything good from company that selling cheats with their mices ?
stpbozin is offline  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Menthalion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 272
Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Finally found a reference to the Abko A660 again, and the new version even sports a 3360. People compare it to a cross between a G Pro (no hard angle) and G303 (non-slanting sides) grip wise, which to me sounds close to a G3.

Ordered one through Ebay, but forgot to specify faster shipping. Will update with impressions when it arrives.

Last edited by Menthalion; 02-15-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Menthalion is offline  
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Menthalion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 272
Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Aorus M2 seems to be on it's way to the west..

https://www.alternate.co.uk/html/product/1513362
Menthalion is offline  
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 10:28 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Leopardi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,405
Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by Menthalion View Post
Aorus M2 seems to be on it's way to the west..

https://www.alternate.co.uk/html/product/1513362
Wasn't it deemed a G Pro copy instead of the G1 shape?

Leopardi is offline  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 11:43 AM
Mouse addict
 
cdcd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 520
Rep: 16 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by Leopardi View Post
Wasn't it deemed a G Pro copy instead of the G1 shape?
Jury's still out on that.

Mice currently owned: Logitech G402/G403/G303/G Pro, Zowie FK1/EC2-A/EC2-B/ZA12, Razer Deathadder 2013/Basilisk, Cooler Master Mastermouse S/MM530/MM520, Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye, Dream Machines DM1 Pro S/FPS/DM3 mini, EVGA Torq X3/X5, Ninox Venator, HP Omen 600, Thermaltake Ventus X RGB Optical/Ventus R, Microsoft WMO, Steelseries Rival 310, Nixeus Revel, Ozone Neon M50

Looking to buy and try: Ninox Astrum
cdcd is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off