What can be removed from "Logitech Gaming Software"? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

What can be removed from "Logitech Gaming Software"?

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
What can be removed from "Logitech Gaming Software"?

I want to remove unnecessary drivers and softwares from my "Logitech Gaming Software" pack. What could be stopped or removed, I only use single G203 mice?

Already did these:

ArxApplets folder
logiregistryservice service
lgcoretemp.sys driver

What about:

lusbfilt?
lmoutfilt?
lhidfilt?
lgjoyxlcore?
lbbusenum?

Additionally, should I connect mouse to USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port, and should I enable/disable xHCI hand-off in BIOS for best results(input latency)?

Last edited by hemlatuyda; 02-06-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 11:38 AM
Capsaicin Addict

Rep: 31 (Unique: 23)
Quote: Originally Posted by hemlatuyda View Post
I want to remove unnecessary drivers and softwares from my "Logitech Gaming Software" pack. What could be stopped or removed, I only use single G203 mice?

Already did these:

ArxApplets folder
logiregistryservice service
lgcoretemp.sys driver

What about:

lusbfilt?
lmoutfilt?
lhidfilt?
lgjoyxlcore?
lbbusenum?

Additionally, should I connect mouse to USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port, and should I enable/disable xHCI hand-off in BIOS for best results(input latency)?

From my experience the logitech software doesn't really interfere with anything. But if it bothers you , you can install it , set up your mouse, and uninstall it again. As you would really only need the software later on for making adjustments on the fly dpi wise or for macro use(which i never have used).

As far as polling precision goes , check this thread out.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-...precision.html
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 11:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 27)
What I don't get is: Why uninstall the software? If you have the software closed, and no Logitech services running in the background, what difference does uninstalling make? It's not like a few more MB's on your hard drive is gonna change your mouse input a noticeable amount.

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Indeed I prefer to disable unnecessary softwares from running in background but if it's archivable only by removing them then I am also fine. I see no reason of running trash in background, like services for features I will never use or drivers for devices I never owned.

Here is my current reading from LatMon, after few minutes of normal PC usage - browsing, videos, audio, etc. Is this good enough?
Quote:
MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 298.30
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 6.275653

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 238.10
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 1.566288

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____
REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 54.138333
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.009266
Driver with highest ISR total time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.010145

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 29713
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 361.8050
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.130994
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.326465

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 414601
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 10
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0
In regard USB2 vs USB3, does this matter:
Quote:
USB 2.0 transmits SOF/uSOF at fixed 1 ms/125 μs intervals. A device driver may change
the interval with small finite adjustments depending on the implementation of host and
system software. USB 3.0 adds mechanism for devices to send a Bus Interval Adjustment
Message that is used by the host to adjust its 125 μs bus interval up to +/-13.333 μs.
In addition, the host may send an Isochronous Timestamp Packet (ITP) within a relaxed
timing window from a bus interval boundary.
Quote:
We can calculate the latency introduced by the USB since the USB packet is only sent when we have a sufficient amount of data collected in the USRP buffer, i.e., the smallest allowed USB packet is 512 byte, and the largest one is specified by the user by two parameters, fusb_nblock and fusb_block_size. As a paper mentions, the USB delay (Tu) is according to the equation:
Tu = f(512, fusb_block_size*fusb_nblock) / (fs*sample_size )
Where:f(x,y) is depends on the data in the buffer and it is at least x and at most y and fs is the sampling frequency. Since we use complex 16 bit samples, the sample size is
sample_ size = 2 * 16bit= 4 bytes
So, does that mean if we have large product of fusb_block_size and fusb_nblock, then the theoretical maximum delay will be increased?

Yes that is true. If you're trying to minimize latency you want the smallest values that work reliably (no over/underruns) and with acceptable overhead. If you enable real time scheduling, you can reliably use smaller values. Try fusb_block_size 2048 and fusb_nblock 4 or 8. You may be able to run with fusb_block_size 1024. It depends on your data rate across the USB.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 04:00 PM
Mehehe!

Rep: 86 (Unique: 50)
It has onboard memory, you could just creat a batch/script that disables/enables all services needed on demand when you want to adjust the mouse settings. Basically enable them, adjust what you need to adjust, save onto onboard memory, disable the services and you're good to go.

Here's an example:

Quote:
@ECHO OFF
:LOOP
ECHO Choose Network:
ECHO.
ECHO 1. Modem
ECHO 2. Router
ECHO.
SET /P USERPARM="Network: "

IF "%USERPARM%"=="2" (GOTO :ROUTER) ELSE (IF "%USERPARM%"=="1" (GOTO :MODEM) ELSE (GOTO :FAIL))

:FAIL
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO *** Please enter a correct number (1 or 2) ***
ECHO.
ECHO.
GOTO :LOOP

:ROUTER
netsh interface ipv4 set dns "LAN" static x.x.x.x >NUL
netsh interface ipv4 set address "LAN" static 192.168.x.2 255.255.255.0 192.168.x.1 >NUL
ECHO.
ECHO *** Network configured for ROUTER ***
GOTO :END

:MODEM
netsh interface ipv4 set dns "LAN" static x.x.x.x >NUL
netsh interface ipv4 set address "LAN" static 192.168.x.x 255.255.255.0 192.168.x.1 >NUL
ECHO.
ECHO *** Network configured for MODEM ***
GOTO :END

:END
ECHO.
ECHO.
ipconfig
ECHO.
ECHO.
pause
This is a simple choice menu, you can alter it for disable/enable and use "net stop blablabla" and "net start blablabla" to start/stop services. The batch above is for when I was troubleshooting a network issue and got tired of constantly manually changing IP's.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I'm not asking how to disable services but what could be removed from loading upon start that won't affect basic functionality. I don't mind LGS itself but it's loading plenty of drivers that might not be related to mouse itself.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 10:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
personally I used cameyo to create a portable installation so that way I can just run it once whenever I need to adjust rbg or dpi and don't have to actually install it.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Once you run it it will install plenty of drivers, do they go out when you close the program?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 05:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
what drivers are you talking about, like in device manager? using the portable lgs i dont see any drivers related to logitech.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Like those drivers with question marks from my first post. The last one can be crossed out, everything except custom buttons works fine without it(like keyboard buttons remapped to mouse in LGS). Three others are actually normal SetPoint drivers but they come with LGS meaning that probably LGS is built on SetPoint files.

Moreover Logitech is testing new software, G-Hub that is supposed to replace LGS. Currently G102/203 is not supported but it's possible that it will change. Does anyone have any experience with G-Hub or could compare it to LGS? The only thing I found in search isn't really positive: https://www.overclock.net/forum/375-...-software.html

Last edited by hemlatuyda; 02-07-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in