- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 170 (Unique: 87)
Quote: Originally Posted by Klopfer View Post
Pixart PMW3360
RGB lighting on the side and even a small LCD screen on the back
Omron Switches
ALPS Encoder
PBT
THIS is the most important part of this mouse.

Especially an all over PBT shell .

Bring it on down to Convict Town.

Last edited by Elrick; 02-07-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 04:55 AM
News Fiend

Quote: Originally Posted by -1nf1n1ty- View Post
on their instagram they should actually have images of what the mouse actually looks like, no lcd screen. I really liked the Original Secret, it had the smoothest glide I've had from any mouse. Although the weight was terrible at 120, I could still play with it
Color me interested if they can shave some of the weight of the original Secret off. I has been a while since I've had some quack on my desk.

@Klopfer thank you for the OP updates

Meh '12
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
XFX Fury X
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro-Series
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Enterprise NAS SATA (ST4000VN0001)
Hard Drive
WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Drive WD1003FZEX
Power Supply
SEASONIC PLATINUM-860 860W RT
Cooling
Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS Radiator x2
Cooling
Monsoon MMRS Reservoir + D5 pump + mountings
Cooling
XSPC Raystorm Neo Metal
Cooling
EKWB Fury X
Cooling
Monsoon Free Center 1/2ID 3/4OD fittings + Rotaries + plug + Temp probe
Cooling
BeQuiet SilentWings 3 High Speed PWM x 9
Case
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 27" IPS 27UK650
Keyboard
Massdrop CTRL
Mouse
Logitech g403
Mousepad
HAYATE KOU FX SOFT NINJA Black L
Audio
Blue Yeti Black
Audio
Massdrop x AKG K7XX
Other
LIAN LI O11D-1X ,Riser Cable and cover bracket for PC-O11D
CPU
i5 3570k
Motherboard
Z77x-UD5H
GPU
Zotac 670 GTX AMP!
RAM
G.Skill f3-2400c10D-16gtx
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 128GB
Optical Drive
Some old thing
Power Supply
Seasonic platinum 860w
Cooling
Custom water
Case
Customized Thermaltake Armor
Operating System
Win 10 pro
Monitor
Dell U2413
Keyboard
Ducky Shine
Mouse
Logi G502
▲ hide details ▲

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 11:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
The first Ducky Secret was such an elegant mouse, and now we have this. What were they thinking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 08:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 20)
The Ducky Secret M is still the best shape I've ever used. Unfortunately, I can't use it because the lift off distance is like 11 meters and the "custom" setting for surface calibration does not work. In fact, it never worked, and they never fixed it which gives me low confidence in them.

Hopefully this one will be good out of the box because you can rest assured that they will never put out a firmware update once it's in the wild.

Can you tell I'm a little bitter about the Secret/Secret M?
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 10:51 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Quote: Originally Posted by boogdud View Post
Hopefully this one will be good out of the box because you can rest assured that they will never put out a firmware update once it's in the wild.

They barely even provide any firmware updates for their keyboards, let alone anything for their mouse products.

Not peeved at any rate because Zowie has been doing it for years, in NEVER providing a single firmware update at all.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 04:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post
They barely even provide any firmware updates for their keyboards, let alone anything for their mouse products.

Not peeved at any rate because Zowie has been doing it for years, in NEVER providing a single firmware update at all.
This is true, however Zowie from the beginning made it clear that their mice couldn't even take a firmware update. Ducky put out a firmware for the original Secret that fixed a couple issues (none of the important ones) and then pretended that the Secret and Secret M didn't exist until they announced the "2".

The bad thing is, the M sensor implementation is so bad that even with the tape fix it still creeps and crawls around trying to look for that "magical" 4-6mm liftoff distance.

So close to perfection, just ruined by a bad sensor implementation. It'd be one thing if this was a brand new sensor, but this is a friggin 3310, which was long in the tooth by the time the secret m came out. Just a bummer.

I'm only so bitter about it because the mouse shape and feel are absolutely amazing. But the sensor is trash.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 04:22 AM
- Insanity Beckons -

So close to perfection, just ruined by a bad sensor implementation. It'd be one thing if this was a brand new sensor, but this is a friggin 3310, which was long in the tooth by the time the secret m came out. Just a bummer.

I'm only so bitter about it because the mouse shape and feel are absolutely amazing. But the sensor is trash.
It was their very FIRST mouse attempt hence I am far more willing to forgive them here quite easily (Zowie, not so much).

I LOVE their shape and their high quality Omrons and Alps Scroll Wheel, so it isn't a BAD mouse by any means but it isn't a 'Gaming Device' at all.

The PBT shell is still being used by me and I am refusing to get rid of it, simply because it's the best OFFICE mouse yet in my collection.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 06:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post
It was their very FIRST mouse attempt hence I am far more willing to forgive them here quite easily (Zowie, not so much).

I LOVE their shape and their high quality Omrons and Alps Scroll Wheel, so it isn't a BAD mouse by any means but it isn't a 'Gaming Device' at all.

The PBT shell is still being used by me and I am refusing to get rid of it, simply because it's the best OFFICE mouse yet in my collection.
Totally agreed. The PBT shell is amazing on the secret/m and the shape is so comfortable for me. Honestly the only issues I have are the sensor issue (which is pretty big) and the cable comes out of the mouse at an odd angle and drags on the mousepad about 2" in front of the mouse. I have 3 of them and all of them do it in the same spot. Kinda weird.

Hopefully the ergonomics feel the same with the 2, because in that regard, they are up there with zowie. Quality wise (sensor implementation aside) they blow zowie out of the water.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 10:10 PM
Testing...

Rep: 215 (Unique: 188)
The Ducky Secret M is still the best shape I've ever used. Unfortunately, I can't use it because the lift off distance is like 11 meters and the "custom" setting for surface calibration does not work. In fact, it never worked, and they never fixed it which gives me low confidence in them.

I've been using a tape modded Secret M for 3 months now.

You should tape mod it. LoD is the same as my GPro.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...310_221159.jpg

FX-5500 — 6600GT — 5770 — R9 390
WMO 1.1A — MX518 — MX1000 — Deathadder 3G — Sensei — GPro
Duron 1.6 — XP 2400+ — A64 3000+ DTR — E2180 — E8400 — Q6600 — 1100T — FX8150 — FX8350 — R7 1700 — R5 2600X

Last edited by S.M.; 03-10-2019 at 10:14 PM.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 26 (Unique: 24)
added one more picture from instagramm to the startpost

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in