Laser Mouse on Enamel Surface? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Laser Mouse on Enamel Surface?

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Laser Mouse on Enamel Surface?

So I have a crappy old desk that I believe is veneered wood and the veneer is awful at this point. My mouse doesn't have any real problems with the sensor on the surface but the bumps from holes in the veneer are a problem. Basically looking at 2 options currently: refinish the crappy wood in just the place where I use the mouse with something like enamel (or potentially some other finish idk) or using a mousepad that I would cut to size since I don't use a lot of space. To get to the point my questions are
1. Will a laser mouse work properly on an enamel finish? If not then what others finishes would potentially work?
2. I have a Corsair MM400 mousepad that I would need to cut down to size, would cutting it ruin the mousepad entirely or is that a viable option?

I know this all sounds dumb btw but if it works I don't mind

More accurate parts list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8xbjYr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 03:27 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rep: 43 (Unique: 35)
I would suggest the mousepad option
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 03:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
If money is of concern just get the cheapest pad available that'll fit your table. I guarantee that using the mouse directly on the table will feel terrible, veneer/enamel or not.
Tracking may or may not work properly and if there's any type of inconsistency in the table you'll notice it immediately, and drive you nuts.

Atleast for gaming. For just office work it would probably work fine.

Cutting your pad may or may not work. I recently cut my ROG Scabbard xxl and its fine. YMMV.

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in