Choosing the Naos successor
My old Naos 5000 does not like the new aluminum mat I got (Enhance gx-mp6 silver color) and has serious LOD issues, so I'm considering to replace it.
I searched the web and found that the Rival 600 has the best LOD tracking thanks to the second sensor. Shape-wise it is at least right-handed, but it won't be as comfortable as the Naos (or similar mice with that shape).
I'm quite puzzled on what's the best course of action. The Naos has the rubber coating deteriorated on the sides but I dont mind much and for the rest is still working great.
1) Replace my Naos with Rival 600, hoping the shape is comfortable enough (would get from Amazon so I can return it easy).
2) Replace my Naos with Naos QG, hoping this sensor has no LOD issues on my mat.
3) Replace the pad with black version of the mp6 or with a Razer Manticor.
4) Replace the mat with ROG Whetstone. I dont like soft pads but this could work, and also would get from Amanzo for easy return in case I hate it.
5) Something else (I'm open to suggestions). About mousepads, I really like the Enhance for looks and feeling, which matches my new desk setup. About mice, it's clear that I'm totally sold about the shape I'm currently using, which O have for 15 years, from the mx1000 through the Ikari (changed 2 both bad) and finally the naos (also changed 2, but second was a keeper).
new rig 2019:
Intel 9900k >5ghz | Asus Maximus XI Gene | Eisbaer 360 LT (custom loop in progress) | bequiet! Dark Base 700 white edition | Team group Nighthawk 16GB 4000mhz | MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Storage: Intel Optane 900p 280GB + Samsung 970 evo plus 1TB + WD Red 3TB | Corsair HX850i | Benq BL3200PT 1440p | 1Gbit ftth |
Last edited by Telstar; 02-24-2019 at 08:17 PM.
Reason: more appropriate title