G502 wireless? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

G502 wireless?

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
G502 wireless?

This was posted on the mousereview sub I don't think it's a custom but they have no post history so take it with a grain of salt. A light wireless g502 is basically my endgame just because of ergonomic factors which sadly matter more as you get older also the infinite scroll.

https://i.redd.it/wn3rnb0zwbk21.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1qFcYFK.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview...g502_wireless/

I'm really hoping this isn't a troll because I keep finding myself going back to the brick for work because it's the closest to the old mx rev line while still having a gaming quality sensor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 05:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 57 (Unique: 50)
I like the shape of the G502 a lot, one of my favourites, but the weight is killing it for me. I can't imagine this one being any lighter, but if they reduce amount of buttons and put in a lighter scroll wheel...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by munchzilla View Post
I like the shape of the G502 a lot, one of my favourites, but the weight is killing it for me. I can't imagine this one being any lighter, but if they reduce amount of buttons and put in a lighter scroll wheel...
Yup same a light g502 is basically my end game my wrists suck at this point but the infinite scroll is so damn useful for work. Also they can easily make it way lighter without removing many if any buttons. The G502 was made during a time when people for some reason thought solid meant a better mouse they could easily honeycomb the inside hard to reduce weight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 01:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 57 (Unique: 50)
well I wouldn't mind if they removed the sniper button by the thumb for example, but I understand the mouse is great for people who do like having all those buttons. I just think lighter is better without sacrificing too much of its structural integrity and whatnot.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 09:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 23)
If they could get it to G903 weight I think it'd be a good cruiser mouse.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 11:07 AM
AAGGHH~ MY EYES~ AAGGHH~

Rep: 157 (Unique: 67)
Oh, so someone already(finally) leaked it? I guess this is now the wireless brick thread.

By the way, it's not a troll. A good troll would be to convince wired G502 owners to upgrade to a refreshed wired version with a cheaper more power efficient sensor. Meanwhile internally, a wireless version(where the "HERO" sensor is actually useful) , would be exiting the design stage. It is what it is :shrug:
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by uaokkkkkkkk View Post
Oh, so someone already(finally) leaked it? I guess this is now the wireless brick thread.

By the way, it's not a troll. A good troll would be to convince wired G502 owners to upgrade to a refreshed wired version with a cheaper more power efficient sensor. Meanwhile internally, a wireless version(where the "HERO" sensor is actually useful) , would be exiting the design stage. It is what it is :shrug:
The hope is the wireless version might not be a brick the shape is very achievable without the weight after all.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 12:22 AM
hza
Idle

Rep: 19 (Unique: 17)
Instead of coming with 4th version of the mouse Logitech should rather come with G502 successor. G503 or w/e Logitech would like to call it, should be the next mouse from the '500 series' (hopefully wireless version only). Should have happened instead of 502 HERO already. I'm sure Logitech 'postpones' successor on purpose to squeeze more money from an overdue product. Logitech has done this with the S version of their mouse in the past in order to delay release of G502/402/302/303/etc. Just saying it's time for next step instead of standing still.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by hza View Post
Instead of coming with 4th version of the mouse Logitech should rather come with G502 successor. G503 or w/e Logitech would like to call it, should be the next mouse from the '500 series' (hopefully wireless version only). Should have happened instead of 502 HERO already. I'm sure Logitech 'postpones' successor on purpose to squeeze more money from an overdue product. Logitech has done this with the S version of their mouse in the past in order to delay release of G502/402/302/303/etc. Just saying it's time for next step instead of standing still.
Why do I want a new version? I want the exact same shell with more structure inside removed to make lighter and make it wireless. I don't want a new shell.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 02:01 AM
hza
Idle

Rep: 19 (Unique: 17)
Just because there's always room for improvement.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in