Mouse survey - developing a mouse for competitive gaming - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Mouse survey - developing a mouse for competitive gaming

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 05:30 AM
Kill Confirmed

Rep: 57 (Unique: 47)
I take a medication that is immensely common among gamers and FPS players and has a nasty side effect of cold hands. Due to the TOS I don't think I can speak directly about the medication only that it is used to treat ADHD.

I searched for a heated mouse for a little bit and didn't find any, my solution was to place my PC on the desk near my mouse and it radiates enough heat to solve the problem.

I took your survey. I don't think I would regularly use any mouse other than the Logitech G5 though as it has proven itself to be irreplaceable for my type of usage. I might buy a heated mouse just to give it a try though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 05:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by FRÖNB View Post
What's so special with the shape of G100?
Perfect allrounder shape that is both comfortable and doesn't restrict gripstyles. I haven't aimed better with any other shape.

Logitech ruined the shape with G Pro, they made the sides slanted instead of straight.

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by speed_demon View Post
I take a medication that is immensely common among gamers and FPS players and has a nasty side effect of cold hands. Due to the TOS I don't think I can speak directly about the medication only that it is used to treat ADHD.

I searched for a heated mouse for a little bit and didn't find any, my solution was to place my PC on the desk near my mouse and it radiates enough heat to solve the problem.

I took your survey. I don't think I would regularly use any mouse other than the Logitech G5 though as it has proven itself to be irreplaceable for my type of usage. I might buy a heated mouse just to give it a try though.
Hmm thank you for your insight on medication for ADHD. I believe caffeine has a similar effect. Why do you prefer the G5?

Quote: Originally Posted by Leopardi View Post
Perfect allrounder shape that is both comfortable and doesn't restrict gripstyles. I haven't aimed better with any other shape.

Logitech ruined the shape with G Pro, they made the sides slanted instead of straight.
What other mice/shapes have you tried?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 06:04 AM
Kill Confirmed

Rep: 57 (Unique: 47)
I use the G5 as it is a timeless shape and has low click latency making for a more responsive experience in games. There are other benefits as well, like the low weight and minimal number of side buttons that could be clicked accidentally.

I see what you are trying to do and I wish you well.

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 06:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by FRÖNB View Post
Hmm thank you for your insight on medication for ADHD. I believe caffeine has a similar effect. Why do you prefer the G5?

What other mice/shapes have you tried?
All Zowie shapes, razer shapes, steelseries shapes, logitech shapes... nothing just compares.

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 06:59 AM
mfw

Rep: 360 (Unique: 189)
I take a medication that is immensely common among gamers and FPS players
Considering this is a thread made with the intent to gauge the viability of certain features of a hypothetical mouse that would cater to competitive players as encompassingly and as well as possible, I must question what you base your assertion on.

It is my observable experience that it's not at all true. And I don't think that the assumption that can be made from your comment - that gaming is a hobby predominantly for people with any one condition - is a reasonable one to make. However, if you have some data, I'll acquiesce.

As for the survey, I completed it yesterday. I hope it's useful. Glossy mice tend to be ideal for dry hands.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Cooler Master Quickfire TK
Mouse
Corepadded Logitech G703
Mousepad
Cooler Master MP510
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 07:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
just make sure develop mouse with lowest latency possible like other brands MSI/TTEsports

post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 07:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 511 (Unique: 286)

i don't see the issue with stating you legally consume an amphetamine salts prescription.
the more correct statement however would be that its common with your age group, not just gamers.

ADHD is one of the greatest medical scams in US history. I thank god for every day I'm off of that hot garbage that I was forced to take my entire child hood by over-zealous school systems working on concert w/ local govt to push "problem" children onto amphetamines.

I mean, if pot damages the developing brain, than what does pharmacutical meth do to the developing brain? I have friends that are as burnt as a nuclear crater from their decade of legal amphetamine consumption.

be careful, your brain will make up for lost time eventually. Trust me.

It turns out many of us aren't actually ADD/ADHD. We just aren't gonna focus on stuff we don't care about

Last edited by skupples; 03-15-2019 at 07:31 AM.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 08:49 AM
Capsaicin Addict

Rep: 31 (Unique: 23)
I take a medication that is """"immensely common among gamers and FPS players"""" and has a nasty side effect of cold hands.
This reads like 90% of all fps gamers take amphetamine, which is certainly not the case. Caffeine is immensely common among gamers, amphetamine is not. It is banned from tournaments and the majority of professional players are not risking their price money and health. If some inexperienced kids take this to have an edge in playing for fun to get from silver to nova in matchmaking, then that is pretty sad. It might have seen some influx lately (mainly in the US)in the younger generation abusing it for studying purposes, but it is certainly not super common not to mention to use it for gaming exclusively.

I haven't played/competed with a single person taking this medication.

I hope you do require to take this due to a condition, rather than you trying to get better. I mean i don't wish anyone to suffer from a condition, but i hope you get what i am saying.

What definitely has less side effects and yields good results is some good old fashioned Coffee + L-Theanine.

Back to topic, done the survey. Not really interested in a mouse with a heating/cooling function. The only thing that i think is important for sweaty/dry hands, is the coating.

Last edited by James N; 03-15-2019 at 09:09 AM.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 08:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
It baffles me how culturally diverse even tiny things like medication is.
I don't know anyone at least in Austria and Germany who gets treated for adhd. Ritalin etc are incredible hard to get at least in Austria (I played with the thought of taking it to boost learning for a hard test)
The same with opiods. You have to have a really serious condition to get prescribed those heavy painkillers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in