Mouse survey - developing a mouse for competitive gaming - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Mouse survey - developing a mouse for competitive gaming

post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Mouse survey - developing a mouse for competitive gaming

Hi,

What kind of mouse are you using today and are you having problems with your current mouse? Do you have a separate mouse for gaming and work?

We are two engineering students that are currently doing our master thesis. The thesis is touching upon integrating digital footprinting with innovative product development in a beneficial and ethical way for both customers and developers.

SURVEY: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link

The survey takes 2-3 min and is part of the thesis even though the questions are about developing a gaming mouse. We are very passionate about gaming and we are optimistic about developing an innovative gaming mouse specific for competitive gaming.

With love from Stockholm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 511 (Unique: 286)
I'd love a sensor as accurate as the G900 inside an "MMO" style mouse (doesn't even need the 1-0, just that wipe hand formed shape)
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
I'd love a sensor as accurate as the G900 inside an "MMO" style mouse (doesn't even need the 1-0, just that wipe hand formed shape)
Do you use any particular grip while gaming?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Double post
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

I'm one of those can't quite find a comfortable claw, can't quite find a comfortable palm. I switched to a vertical mouse @ work, which I've actually grown to like, but once again TERRIBLE SENSOR (even though its logitech's uber expensive model) & @ home I now use a G900. But I'm heavily debating modding it into G503. Only problem is i'd be killing off all the extra buttons on the 503.

I've typically stuck to wide bodied mice (RAT pre-acquisition, razer's mmo mouse, G503, Roccat's garbage MMO mouse, etc) but that causes me to take a hit in the sensor department.

I'm likely a minority here.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 12:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Cold hands and sweaty hands were covered, but dry hands are not ? Mouse 'coatings' (nowadays usually not more than textured / sanded plastic) are getting worse and worse, especially for dry hands. Can't hold any of the current Logi's comfortably due to their bad coating.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 12:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

yep. this $80 vertical logitech mouse is the cheapest damn thing I've ever felt.

Only reason its $80 is due to USB-C charging, direct bluetooth, and bluetooth dongle. The wired version is $20, n the wireless knock off is $19.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 03:54 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
I'm one of those can't quite find a comfortable claw, can't quite find a comfortable palm. I switched to a vertical mouse @ work, which I've actually grown to like, but once again TERRIBLE SENSOR (even though its logitech's uber expensive model) & @ home I now use a G900. But I'm heavily debating modding it into G503. Only problem is i'd be killing off all the extra buttons on the 503.

I've typically stuck to wide bodied mice (RAT pre-acquisition, razer's mmo mouse, G503, Roccat's garbage MMO mouse, etc) but that causes me to take a hit in the sensor department.

I'm likely a minority here.
Have you tried the Intellimouse 3.0? Grip wise.

Quote: Originally Posted by Menthalion View Post
Cold hands and sweaty hands were covered, but dry hands are not ? Mouse 'coatings' (nowadays usually not more than textured / sanded plastic) are getting worse and worse, especially for dry hands. Can't hold any of the current Logi's comfortably due to their bad coating.
We haven't considered dry hands. So thank you for your input! Do you have any solution for dry hands usage?
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 04:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
Rival 110 currently on the table, problem is that it's not G100s shape and has a wide ass.

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Leopardi View Post
Rival 110 currently on the table, problem is that it's not G100s shape and has a wide ass.
What's so special with the shape of G100?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in