Let's get Microsoft WMO and Zowie Divina married ! - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Let's get Microsoft WMO and Zowie Divina married !

post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 02:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 77 (Unique: 62)
Quote: Originally Posted by Gordon59 View Post
Sorry I said on a previous post that the references for the parts were not correct, but I didnt make it enought clear

I mainly use it for having the correct footprint and I didnt take care of the schematic meanings...

Now I had a bit of time to work on it, I updated the schematic with the correct references. It should be more logical now. Thank you for your help.
Ah, no problem, you're welcome.
Quote:

Switch 3 is non-functional.

I suggest, at minimum, wiring all 3 like switch 2, so that you have an easier time if you decide to add hardware debouncing later.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 04:39 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by TranquilTempest View Post
Ah, no problem, you're welcome.

Switch 3 is non-functional.

I suggest, at minimum, wiring all 3 like switch 2, so that you have an easier time if you decide to add hardware debouncing later.
Thank you for pointing me out my mistake ! I checked again the original pcb i'm copying and I made few mistakes... This one about the switch and a wrong read of resistors...

I read 105 instead of 103, which is 10*10^5= 1 000 000 ohm instead of 10*10^3 = 10 000 ohm huge mistake...

post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I just received this pretty package I was waiting for !!!

Ta-dah !

For a first one the result is way ahead of my expectations ! I will start soldering later on and see if it's working...

Let's pray I didn't fry anything...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Getting close !

So I tried it and the results are quite promising ! All the buttons are working fine but like some of you excepted, the scroll wheel reader doesn't work.

My setup is using the old hardware from the WMO (Ir emitter and receiver) but with the implementation and the resistors of the zowie so that might be the problem, I should either find the correct resistors for the Microsoft IR emitter and receiver to work or try with the Zowie IR emitter and IR reader... Problem is I broke them while trying to desolder it

So for now I only have the microsoft component available...
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 7)
/u/rec0nkill has a few zowie divina pcb's from wireless mods. you should get in contact with him.
edit: another alternative is the alps em11b, it produces a voltage output gray code like optical but higher current. I will try it out myself when it arrives from the slow boat.

Last edited by gipetto; 05-11-2019 at 05:59 AM.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 04:23 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Some news from the mod...

I've finaly got the job done !

Everything worked except the scroll wheel, I might try to give it a last shot but in the mean time I will enjoy few well deserve games on my new toy !

Also I remember reading somewhere that some mouse software from an other mouse company (not a realy famous one) was compatible with many mouse using the 3360 sensor and so you can use it to change the dpi and the polling rate. I can't find it anymore... Does it talk to someone here ?
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 06:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

I believe you are referring to the dream machines dm1 software. iirc that is compatible with 3360 motospeed built mice such as the finalmouse.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by gipetto View Post
/u/rec0nkill has a few zowie divina pcb's from wireless mods. you should get in contact with him.
edit: another alternative is the alps em11b, it produces a voltage output gray code like optical but higher current. I will try it out myself when it arrives from the slow boat.
I found this ! It looks quite the same as the Zowie's one, notice the red dot on the ir emitter...

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product...440534915.html

I there a way to be certain its the correct parts ?
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 07:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

not that I know of. I bought a bag of those detectors from aliexpress ages ago, none worked, maybe they were faulty seconds. My only successes were from working ball mice. you should buy from a reputable seller to avoid fakes. I found the led emitters to be reliable, it was the detectors that burned out. the emitters are easily checked with a camera phone in a dark room. If you don't have the circuit correct you'll just burn them out again.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by gipetto View Post
not that I know of. I bought a bag of those detectors from aliexpress ages ago, none worked, maybe they were faulty seconds. My only successes were from working ball mice. you should buy from a reputable seller to avoid fakes. I found the led emitters to be reliable, it was the detectors that burned out. the emitters are easily checked with a camera phone in a dark room. If you don't have the circuit correct you'll just burn them out again.
you're right I was thinking the same, anyway I found this :

https://lcsc.com/product-detail/Infr...E7_C40171.html

Apparently E7 stand for μA rank

This is the E5 model...

https://lcsc.com/product-detail/Othe...5_C183794.html

There's also a color code related to it...

That's might be the red dot on it, dont you think ?

Last edited by Gordon59; 05-13-2019 at 08:08 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in