Let's get Microsoft WMO and Zowie Divina married ! - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Let's get Microsoft WMO and Zowie Divina married !

post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 09:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 7)
I don't know tbh, i'm a high school dropout so technical documents aren't my strong point. but it says it is for 5v mouse applications and has a diagram of a quadrature setup so it should be fine. when i was playing with them I found it was necessary to pick and choose the correct led resistor, otherwise the detector would get swamped with light, or not get enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Here some mouse tester results ! It looks perfect !

post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 05:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Any updates on getting the wheel working?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 03:05 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by gipetto View Post
I just ordered what may be the correct replacements part I broke from the zowie (the ir emitter and receiver).

I was lost because like switches there is a lot of different variations of the same component.

I used to buy most of my stuff from https://lcsc.com/ and last time I checked they didn't have this components. So I emailed them asking about it and even if they only reply to me, "it's not available", yesterday I checked again and they had added a lot of new reference for IR component. So it something good to know !

Plus they take real photos of the components so I manage to cut it to only two variation of each components I need.

This is all the parts I ordered :

Infrared-IR-LEDs_IR928-6C-6-1
Infrared-IR-LEDs_IR928-6C-6-2
New-Arrivals_Everlight-Elec-PT2559B-L2-H2-A5
New-Arrivals_Everlight-Elec-PT2559B-L2-A5

Notice the NEW ARRIVALS term in the name which is funny considering they probably add it because of me

Now I just need to wait a bit for my order to arrive.
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Bonestorm Professional

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
definitely subbed... I've got some ideas for dropping a hero into my favorite feeling mouse of all time.
Check my sig. Already did this with G203, which has same PCB layout as the wireless one with Hero.

OP if you don't care about having to route a bigger scroll wheel hole just do what I did and reposition the switches on your transplant PCB, and extend the range of the plastic things that press down on the switches.

Last edited by thrillhaus; 07-08-2019 at 12:51 PM.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

So final story unfortunatly I failed. The IR emitter worked so that's a good point but nothing happen when I tried to turn the light blocker between the emitter and the receiver.

So either :

- I didn't copy correctly the original design.

- I didn't pick the right components to replace the originals ones.

- I fried the part in the main board of the mouse which take care of the wheel, while I was playing with the mouse without all the component ready.

Maybe we never know the answer I hope one day someone will give it a try.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 08:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

> I hope one day someone will give it a try
I have been trying but as yet haven't been successful. The key I feel is to get a prototype circuit working first. I may try these LTR-301 next https://www.sparkfun.com/products/241 as they seem to have a focusing lens, but won't work for your purpose as they are a single sensor type. The io1.1 pcb I designed is also compatible with the wmo shell if you wanted to try a mechanical encoder.
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 03:20 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

> I hope one day someone will give it a try
I have been trying but as yet haven't been successful. The key I feel is to get a prototype circuit working first. I may try these LTR-301 next https://www.sparkfun.com/products/241 as they seem to have a focusing lens, but won't work for your purpose as they are a single sensor type. The io1.1 pcb I designed is also compatible with the wmo shell if you wanted to try a mechanical encoder.
I think they have to be perfectly aligned to work properly that's why they are in a little plastic housing suppport on the mouse.

I might have a solution... Currently they just release new Divina black without this weird pink blue glossy color. So they are a bunch of old ones selling for 40 euros, I might try to catch one which could help for the reverse engineering even better. Plus since my soldering/desoldering skills improve a bit so I might be abble to do it without braking anything this time
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I made the reverse engineering of the original PCB by sanding it, just to check everything is fine and its seems the first rev of the custom PCB is exactly the copy of this one.

post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 04:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I don’t know if you guys have seen this yet, but it(wireless WMO/g305 mod)could be the endgame for many. Personally, I think it looks amazing. I would buy it if it actually specified the dimensions or have any guide for the mod in the details. Also, it’s $50, too expensive to take the risk. Anyone else willing to take the plunge?

US $49.99 | E-Sports Game WMO Microsoft Wheel DIY Mouse Optical Shell MOD Case For Logitech G304 Light Weight 67g Hollow Out Wireless
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b1bHCMRO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in