My NEW-er Logitech MX518 arrived! - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

My NEW-er Logitech MX518 arrived!

post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 11:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 39 (Unique: 33)
Quote: Originally Posted by zergrush View Post
What's so special about this mouse? I thought the G400 was an upgraded MX518 and was good enough.
it looks pretty

"It's all fun n games till someone looses an eye. Then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield, Metallica

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 12:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Leopardi View Post
Or angle mouse 45 degress so no fingers will actually reach the ledge.
That's exactly what I am doing recently.
Rotated my grip on the mouse so that I can put ring and pinky under the sledge and now it's enjoyable.
Not the perfect solution thou but enjoyable.
Clicks are very sharp and "hard".
It is available in Europe already, I purchased mine from Logitech
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 01:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by 2shellbonus View Post
What? Great buttons on mine. Crisp clean and tactile.
The buttons are reminiscent of Huanos, very hard high resistance and loud.
Horrible choice imo and nothing like the original, soft, clicky and quiet switches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 01:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Yeah i heard a lot of people complaining about the buttons. I also read comments of people saying that their mouse started double clicking just a few weeks after purchase.
Do you guys think that the 50M switches are of subpar quality control/ build quality as opposed to the 20M switches? Because i had mice with 20M Omrons on the that have been working flawlessly for quite a few years now, but i keep reading about double clicking issues on latest Logitech mice releases (that they use the 50M omrons).
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 01:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by FadeVanguard View Post
Yeah i heard a lot of people complaining about the buttons. I also read comments of people saying that their mouse started double clicking just a few weeks after purchase.
Half of the Finnish reviews state that after couple of weeks of use, the LMB "sticks" down a bit when you click it.

post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 01:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

I do not know whether these have double click issues or are of bad quality, but its not something logitech is known for. They are just way too stiff and loud compared to the old omrons and I strongly suggest replacing them.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 05:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by jayfkay View Post
I do not know whether these have double click issues or are of bad quality, but its not something logitech is known for. They are just way too stiff and loud compared to the old omrons and I strongly suggest replacing them.
I do not own the mouse yet, but just to know, what type of switches would you suggest i get to replace them (when i get the mouse).
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 05:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Leopardi View Post
Half of the Finnish reviews state that after couple of weeks of use, the LMB "sticks" down a bit when you click it.
Yes i actually heard that as well. I only had one mouse that did that and it was a first batch Roccat Kone EMP. For opening the mouse up i managed to get that the problem was due to bad tolerances on the top shell mould. A slightly bigger shell would still fit, but it would cause the plastic plunger to get stuck to the bottom half of the shell. Do not know if this is the same case with the MX518, but on the Kone EMP it was so annoying that i actually sold mine because i could not use it for anything.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 08:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 39 (Unique: 33)
Do you guys think that the 50M switches are of subpar quality control/ build quality as opposed to the 20M switches? Because i had mice with 20M Omrons on the that have been working flawlessly for quite a few years now, but i keep reading about double clicking issues on latest Logitech mice releases (that they use the 50M omrons).
The mx518 hero that i have uses 20 mil omrons

"It's all fun n games till someone looses an eye. Then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield, Metallica

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

I do not own the mouse yet, but just to know, what type of switches would you suggest i get to replace them (when i get the mouse).

Quote: Originally Posted by 2shellbonus View Post
The mx518 hero that i have uses 20 mil omrons
^
those, aka D2FC-F-7N with 20m rating or less (trust me, its more than enough). the new 50m rated ones are the bad ones, too stiff and very loud.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in