My NEW-er Logitech MX518 arrived! - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

My NEW-er Logitech MX518 arrived!

post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 77 (Unique: 62)
Quote: Originally Posted by jayfkay View Post
^
those, aka D2FC-F-7N with 20m rating or less (trust me, its more than enough). the new 50m rated ones are the bad ones, too stiff and very loud.
The 'F' in the second section is what tells you it's the lower force spring. That's not determined by the longevity rating.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 10:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by TranquilTempest View Post
The 'F' in the second section is what tells you it's the lower force spring. That's not determined by the longevity rating.
First of, I made a mistake: The MX518L uses 20m rated ones, not 50m.
Secondly, NOPE, you are WRONG. The difference is in quality / manufacturing. The new D2FC-F-7N(20m) used in the MX518L have a different model number.
Left: new model used in the Legendary, hard and loud. Right: old model used in the G400, fainter and smaller letters.

Likely from a different factory or they changed manufacturing processes. Either way, look for omrons where the letters look like on the right, thinner and more faint.
Alternatively, I assume the number represents batch? So look for a lower number aka earlier batch.

Imo the best switches were the ones used in the original MX518, which I think were 5m rated. They are just called D2FC-F-7N without a rating in the name.
So those are the ones I would buy. but "old" 20m rated ones will do fine too. I wouldn't bother with any other switches, these are the springiest and most pleasant to rapidfire from my experience, low travel time, spring back fast, quiet, seem to go well with the shell.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 03:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by audax View Post
This is a 1-3-1 grip mouse. Your index, middle, and ring finger go on top of the mouse and your pinky goes under the ledge. Yes, under it.

Try it for a few days.
I did try it for a few days. My ring finger now sits on the side of the ledge, pinky goes under it. Very comfortable after getting used to it (which indeed did take about ~30h).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190515_124222.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	269650  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in