4 Mouse wheels broken in xornet 2 :O - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

4 Mouse wheels broken in xornet 2 :O

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
4 Mouse wheels broken in xornet 2 :O

Hello, i've owned 4 xornet mouses since 2017 and last one with the working scroll gave up, i'm looking for a replacement mouse with similiar shape, i've already bought MM 520 and g102 but they are terrible for my hands, i need a small lightweight mouse that is short and wide preferably, every mouse of that criteria i find is too weighty though (more than 90/95g is too much for me)
Ironically enough tho my hands are very large, i barely move my hand i only aim with my wrist so it has to be short/low lenght and preferably wide for my fingers to rest
https://i.gyazo.com/ee4853f072220c92...7cce4c8b24.mp4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:30 AM
Mouse Junkie

Rep: 33 (Unique: 31)
Is the wheel itself, or the encoder broken? You can simply replace the encoder with some soldering, there are tons of options on AliExpress, just make sure to get the right height.

Logitech G PRO Wireless | Custom Huado Mousepad | Sharkoon PureWriter TKL Blue | HyperX Cloud

Mouse & mouse pad reviewer at TechPowerUp
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 77 (Unique: 62)
I don't have a mouse recommendation, but if you're interested in repairing your old mice:

Did the encoder fail(doesn't scroll right), the switch fail(click problems), or the wheel physically break? If you aren't afraid of a soldering iron those first two issues are pretty easy fixes.

Assuming it uses the same encoder as the Spawn, it would be ALPS EC10E1220501

Switches would be D2F-01 or D2F-01F, depending on if you prefer heaver or lighter click force.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Mouse wheel is physically broken like pic related,
the tiny plastic bit cracked in all 4 of them, same issue
i've found a pic how it looks like https://i.gyazo.com/51d1a3e6258096d2...d165bb1fe9.jpg
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 02:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 7)
ah, so it's like the finalmouse issue. I guess assuming you can't source a wheel the only fix is to use an allen key as a replacement hex shaft 5/64 size or 1/16. It's tricky to pull off, you need to spin the wheel in a drill chuck while holding a drill bit still in a pliers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in