Best of /r/MouseReview - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Best of /r/MouseReview

post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:09 AM
Mouse Junkie

Rep: 36 (Unique: 33)
Literally every second post there is hurr durr endgame <insert a pic of GPW/Air58/G305>, or look how I modded this mouse with Hyperglides (how's that even considered modding?), or look I could install a cable I've bought from somewhere. I love DIY stuff, but ffs, these kinda posts aren't even worth mentioning, they lack of any originality whatsoever, I don't even understand why people feel the urge to post them.
I don't want to sound like a butthurt hypocrite, I also posted my stuff there, but at least my mice have/had some serious internal modifications to them, not just a patch of grip tape.
/rant

On the bright side, the 3D-printing stuff is fantastic there, with some hella dedicated guys spending a lot of their time providing templates for the masses, and I've found this particularly amazing.

Logitech G PRO Wireless | Custom Huado Mousepad | Sharkoon PureWriter TKL Blue | HyperX Cloud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by vanir1337 View Post
Literally every second post there is hurr durr endgame <insert a pic of GPW/Air58/G305>, or look how I modded this mouse with Hyperglides (how's that even considered modding?), or look I could install a cable I've bought from somewhere. I love DIY stuff, but ffs, these kinda posts aren't even worth mentioning, they lack of any originality whatsoever, I don't even understand why people feel the urge to post them.
I don't want to sound like a butthurt hypocrite, I also posted my stuff there, but at least my mice have/had some serious internal modifications to them, not just a patch of grip tape.
/rant

On the bright side, the 3D-printing stuff is fantastic there, with some hella dedicated guys spending a lot of their time providing templates for the masses, and I've found this particularly amazing.
Perfect summary (good, bad and ugly) of /r/Mousereview and ty for the "hurr durr endgame" part, was a good laugh to start the day off
Yeah the 3D printed stuff and the templates are quite nice. It's interesting to see that the availability of 3D printers is getting more common as it opens the door for some nice custom/creative mice parts, or complete shell-swaps that won't look like someone butchered their mice.
Like this post here: https://bbs.wstx.com/thread-817679-1-1.html which looks kinda "professionally" done

Mice:
Logitech G903 (current daily driver), Rival 310, Logitech G403, Logitech G Pro, Logitech G303 , WMO-Adder (3.5G), Custom WMO 1.1a (/w Omrons), WMO, IE 3.0, Deathadder 2013, Roccat Savu, Roccat KPM, Steelseries Rival 700, Gigabyte Torq x5, Zowie EC2-A, Ducky Secret
Trackballs:
Logitech Trackman Wheel, Logitech M570, Kensington Slimblade
Mouspads:
Logitech Powerplay (/w softpad), Razer Goliathus Control (L) + Sphex, Roccat Sense, Steelseries QcK Heavy, Sharkoon 1337 XXL
Keyboards:
Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX-Black (main), Cherry G84-4100, Roccat Arvo, Logitech G13
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 01:02 AM
mfw

Rep: 390 (Unique: 203)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
I'd never trust a wireless mouse over a wired connection if I still played games where dying truly mattered (mmo raid leading, fps squads, etc) I once wiped an entire raid during a stack & kite mechanic cuz my batteries died
Guess whose fault that was?

Hint: not of the mouse or wireless tech

Your post reminded me of something that is, serendipitously, on-topic.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 06:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 23)
I like some of the actual reviews and modification threads there, especially the 3d printed stuff. But you have to wade through so many posts where people just post pictures of a mouse for no reason, ask what kind of grip they have, ask what kind of mouse they should get, etc.

I feel like they probably tried to moderate it before but it was too much work.
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 11:55 AM
Dankeroni Pepperoni

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Ahhh, /r/mousereview... I still remember all the good laughs I had during the mousereview vs. RocketJumpNinja saga and the subsequent moderator meltdown (creating, editing, and erasing ~3+ different sticky posts and changing the rules multiple times in the span of a few hours followed by the lead moderator, in a dramatic post, announcing that he's resigning due to the immeasurable stress of moderating a mouse subreddit)

the feel when you're stuck using a 10 year old office mouse because you can't aim with anything else... FeelsBadMan
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 02:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Yeah, most people that frequent Reddit have that swarm kind of mind, because it's a very popular site with specific communities for people that like those specific things. You can't say anything negative or bad there, because they all come at your throat like bees.
The difference between this site and that one, is that this website is pretty much a niche site, before mouse modding was 'kewl', so people here are much less obnoxious and try to post useful things, other than validation seeking posts.

I really hate those that use Reddit.
post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 03:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 30)
Eh, still better than the Youtube videos that consist solely of a robot voice reading screenshots from whatever's trending on Reddit.

post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 03:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 30)
MouseReview isn't even worth talking about tbh. Just endless posts about their sick paracord and grip "mods".

And just to chime in my two cents about Logitech's wireless tech - I don't get the hate that it still gets. Even if it's not 100% like a wired alternative (it's damn close), it literally won't change your gaming performance. I laugh whenever I see people on here acting like they're MLG pros or something and competing at the highest level - as if they can feel a true difference using a current gen wireless mouse and it's going to make them play worse. LOL.

Last edited by superhead91; 05-06-2019 at 07:52 AM.
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 05:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I am not a big fan of a lot of subreddits but it seems that shadowspector on reddit is mad that no one cares to support their theory. Isn't it an arbitrary argument? I mean its fine if you are wondering if there is a difference between the two mice, but other people might not care if they believe its a negligible difference, which is fair.

You could have made a thread specifically on wired vs wireless acting for someone to perform tests but instead you kinda made it off topic by making a thread on a subreddit when its focus is on something else, imo. Idk they also edited that comment you linked saying they know more about RJN but its an unsubstantiated claim in that context, so of course people will dislike it.

Also if you truly didn't care about what people thought about your nails you wouldn't be making all these comments and replies to them and you sure wouldn't make a thread on overclock.net complaining about it. Isn't it a little hypocritical how you're not talking about mice but instead the people of reddit on this mice forum? Just grasping at straws at this point.

Last edited by zeimus; 04-24-2019 at 05:42 PM.
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by zeimus View Post
I am not a big fan of a lot of subreddits but it seems that shadowspector on reddit is mad that no one cares to support their theory. Isn't it an arbitrary argument? I mean its fine if you are wondering if there is a difference between the two mice, but other people might not care if they believe its a negligible difference, which is fair.

You could have made a thread specifically on wired vs wireless acting for someone to perform tests but instead you kinda made it off topic by making a thread on a subreddit when its focus is on something else, imo. Idk they also edited that comment you linked saying they know more about RJN but its an unsubstantiated claim in that context, so of course people will dislike it.

Also if you truly didn't care about what people thought about your nails you wouldn't be making all these comments and replies to them and you sure wouldn't make a thread on overclock.net complaining about it. Isn't it a little hypocritical how you're not talking about mice but instead the people of reddit on this mice forum? Just grasping at straws at this point.
It's arbitrary and inconsequential, but I was genuinely just wondering if there was a difference at all, not saying it was monumental or made wireless unusable or anything like that. I was just asking if anyone had any evidence or testing that showed Lightspeed = wired when comparing the same mouse. I don't care enough about the question to make a whole dedicated thread, though. I was just commenting since people were already on the subject.

I don't care what people think of my appearance, but I do care when the overwhelming majority of the response I get for a genuine question I was asking, about mice, ON A MOUSE SUBREDDIT, is incredibly off-color and off-topic, popping off about something completely and utterly irrelevant to what they're supposedly there to discuss. I ignored it the first five times I got it, but by the sixth and seventh time, I was getting really sick of hearing it. I just wanted an answer to my bloody question. Not to be judged by a bunch of insecure no-lifes who need to put someone down to feel good about themselves.

And it's not hypocritical, because I'm not responding to someone else's inquiry with something completely unrelated, much less personal attacks or unnecessary/unwarranted rudeness/derision. There are many threads on this board, and if you want something more specifically targeted towards mice rather than the communities surrounding them, there are plenty of threads in that vein. On the other hand, when I make a post asking about an issue I had with a specific mouse, there are clearly no other currently active threads discussing such an issue, so I can't exactly just **** off and go elsewhere looking for that information.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in