Zowie by BenQ G-SR SE glide experience when worn down - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Zowie by BenQ G-SR SE glide experience when worn down

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Zowie by BenQ G-SR SE glide experience when worn down

Correct me if I'm wrong but the G-SR (black) and G-SR SE (blue, red, divina pink, divina blue) are made with the same material. However, the SE's are coated or have some sort of surface change which changes the experience (glide speed, resistance, stopping power, etc...) even though the material is the same.

I am wondering if after long use with the G-SR SE if the coating will eventually wear out and the experience with the mousepad will feel just like the G-SR. Or if the two mousepads somehow provide a different experience no matter the age.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 02:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

always different. g-sr-se (for me at least) takes longer to wear out than a lot of other pads. after using the old blue g-sr for ~8 months with low sens I got a g-sr-se and it wasn't too terribly different (they have same starting surface). old blue g-sr was washed, have washed g-sr-se a few times and any changes are mainly due to feet/dust etc getting stuck in pad like any other cloth pad and only make a very small difference until being washed. It definitely wears down a bit after long periods of time like other pads, but not in the sense that there's a "coating" like some sort of waterproof coating. The pad just has a print on it which means it actually has a new/different layer of top surface material, not just something that's sprayed on or whatever

I don't really like the black g-sr, g-sr-se is one of the best pads I've tried. Something like hybrid or hard pads vs standard cloth is obviously a larger difference, but the difference between these regular is not super subtle and something you can absolutely notice even without a side by side comparison

I am assuming the black g-sr is not great with humidity, but I have heard from sweaty people/people who live in somewhat humid areas that the g-sr-se can get a bit of a minor sticky feeling to touch
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolcarrots View Post
always different. g-sr-se (for me at least) takes longer to wear out than a lot of other pads. after using the old blue g-sr for ~8 months with low sens I got a g-sr-se and it wasn't too terribly different (they have same starting surface). old blue g-sr was washed, have washed g-sr-se a few times and any changes are mainly due to feet/dust etc getting stuck in pad like any other cloth pad and only make a very small difference until being washed. It definitely wears down a bit after long periods of time like other pads, but not in the sense that there's a "coating" like some sort of waterproof coating. The pad just has a print on it which means it actually has a new/different layer of top surface material, not just something that's sprayed on or whatever

I don't really like the black g-sr, g-sr-se is one of the best pads I've tried. Something like hybrid or hard pads vs standard cloth is obviously a larger difference, but the difference between these regular is not super subtle and something you can absolutely notice even without a side by side comparison

I am assuming the black g-sr is not great with humidity, but I have heard from sweaty people/people who live in somewhat humid areas that the g-sr-se can get a bit of a minor sticky feeling to touch
thanks for the reply.

I am currently on the black g-sr and it has a bit too much stopping power for me. After I break that initial stopping power the mouse glides a bit too fast for me. Do you recommend any other pads that would fit the description comparable to the black g-sr of less initial friction and a bit more friction when gliding? I have been considering the g-sr-se because I've heard it has less stopping power but I'm not sure as I would assume the g-sr-se glides much quicker.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in