G502 Lightspeed (Wireless) - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

G502 Lightspeed (Wireless)

post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 01:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 78 (Unique: 63)
Quote: Originally Posted by lurkerguy View Post
Someone needs to challenge Logitech for their wireless technology for the prices to come down. Wireless mice are a rarity and only Logitech can make them with no additional latency so they unfortunately ARE a premium product and they can put whatever price tag on them they want because they will sell nevertheless
Did logitech roll their own wireless protocol to minimize latency?

Are there any IR based mice? I think that would be the easiest option for someone wanting to sidestep most of the regulations with radio transmitters, while still letting you make your own protocol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 01:58 AM
mfw

Rep: 367 (Unique: 193)
Guys, you don't understand. It's much more expensive because Logitech are already budgeting for all of the replacement units they'll have to send to customers when it starts double clicking.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 03:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post
Guys, you don't understand. It's much more expensive because Logitech are already budgeting for all of the replacement units they'll have to send to customers when it starts double clicking.
The G502 is one of the few Logitech mice I own that hasn't started double clicking yet, and I've had several of them. Hopefully they constructed the wireless one the same way in that regard.

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 05:33 AM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 170 (Unique: 87)
Quote: Originally Posted by Avalar View Post
The G502 is one of the few Logitech mice I own that hasn't started double clicking yet, and I've had several of them. Hopefully they constructed the wireless one the same way in that regard.

They actually used decent Omron's back then, when they were first released. Still have two unopened G502's when they only had that single 'Light Blue' Logitech Colour.

Did actually buy one RGB model but it got pinched by one of my minions. Anything with RGB gets stolen off my desk quick smart.

Might actually buy this latest release simply because it's another Logitech model to add to my ongoing collection. Never pass on another chance of owning a Logitech mouse.
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 06:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
I own the powerplay system and have recently purchased the Logitech g502 lightspeed mouse. I installed the required Logitech g hub software and paired the powerplay with the g502 lightspeed mouse. The powerplay receiver works to receive the mouse signal, but it isn’t charging the mouse normally. I have installed the mouse charge unit in the mouse, and when I first paired the mouse to the powerplay system, it did charge the mouse. I understand that the mouse doesn’t charge at all times, but the documentation I have read suggests it keeps the mouse from 85 to 95 percent. After fully charging the first time, the mouse stopped the charge process and slowly started to drain with use. As it is now, the mouse is at 80 percent and hasn’t started to charge. Do I have to worry about this, or will the charging take over on its own at some point? Does anybody know?

Rylant
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 05:11 AM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 170 (Unique: 87)
Quote: Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
I own the powerplay system and have recently purchased the Logitech g502 lightspeed mouse.
Been using their Powerplay system for over four months now, very impressed with their setup. Works easily with their G Pro, G903 and shall indeed be getting this very same updated g502 model.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
After fully charging the first time, the mouse stopped the charge process and slowly started to drain with use. As it is now, the mouse is at 80 percent and hasn’t started to charge. Do I have to worry about this, or will the charging take over on its own at some point? Does anybody know?
Don't worry it's the norm. All Logitech wireless mice use Lithium batts, hence it mustn't be fully charged otherwise you damage them. Hence why they stop it short and it has no ill effect on the performance and longevity of your mouse model.

In fact with their LGS software, the batteries might last at least six to eight years (my guess here) before finally failing. Good result for these type of batteries.
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 11:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post
Been using their Powerplay system for over four months now, very impressed with their setup. Works easily with their G Pro, G903 and shall indeed be getting this very same updated g502 model.

Don't worry it's the norm. All Logitech wireless mice use Lithium batts, hence it mustn't be fully charged otherwise you damage them. Hence why they stop it short and it has no ill effect on the performance and longevity of your mouse model.

In fact with their LGS software, the batteries might last at least six to eight years (my guess here) before finally failing. Good result for these type of batteries.
Yep. Turns out that this is the case. Thanks. Shortly after, it started to charge again on its own.

Rylant
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 06:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
G502 Lightspeed parts reference: https://imgur.com/a/yQrOXhi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in