Wireless G303 Incoming? - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Wireless G303 Incoming?

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 01:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Notty View Post
I have no idea what it is, but I can assure that at 240hz I clearly notice big difference in pointer smoothness, even on windows desktop, when I use wireless Logitech mice, compared to their wired counterparts. Is like on wireless it skips some mouse pointers when you move it. While with the wired one I feel the "connected feel" all the time, continuous smooth image.

I also notice it in games, like a little (tiny in fact) stuttery movement when looking around or on fast flicks. Doesn´t happen with the wired counterpart.

At 144hz I can´t notice any difference at all. This only happens at 240hz.

Altho I love the fact I don´t have to deal with cables, I don´t like this wireless mice behaviour on 240hz and it prevented me from investing on more wireless mice (wanted to take a look at the G502 wireless). I will sell my wireless mice and stick to wired.

Nothing against the technology, but it is not the same as wired, at all. If you use 144hz/165hz ignore everything I said, I doubt you will notice it, at least I didn´t and I did a lot of tests.
have you tried the wireless stuff in wired mode? same thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 02:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by Lolcarrots View Post
have you tried the wireless stuff in wired mode? same thing?
I didn´t, how can I make sure the mouse is using a wired connection? What I did was comparing G305 vs G Pro Hero Wired and 3366 wired, G403 3366 wired vs G703 and I used G Pro Wireless (wich hasn´t a wired counterpart).

It didn´t even make me play any worse, my accuracies remained basically the same withing margin of error, is just that I notice a bit of "skipping" at 240hz.

The problem here is the same as always... I´ve been on countless debates on the internet/forums/twitter about this, and usually I end up being "attacked" by people that assure there isn´t a single difference between Logitech Wireless tech and Wired. Kind of the same thing that happened when I switched to 240hz and everyone was telling me it wasn´t noticeable compared to 144hz. Or same as when we jumped to 120hz. There will always be people that refuse the idea of "less input lag = better, no matter what". The truth is that I don´t have factual evidence, so people can attack me how much they want, they will always come on top. One thing I´m sure, I know what I feel and I know what the numbers say, and I don´t want to downgrade from 240hz and surely won´t be using wireless mice.

Last edited by Notty; 05-19-2019 at 02:31 AM.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 12:57 PM
mfw

Rep: 367 (Unique: 193)
The problem here is the same as always... I´ve been on countless debates on the internet/forums/twitter about this, and usually I end up being "attacked" by people that assure there isn´t a single difference between Logitech Wireless tech and Wired. Kind of the same thing that happened when I switched to 240hz and everyone was telling me it wasn´t noticeable compared to 144hz. Or same as when we jumped to 120hz. There will always be people that refuse the idea of "less input lag = better, no matter what". The truth is that I don´t have factual evidence, so people can attack me how much they want, they will always come on top. One thing I´m sure, I know what I feel and I know what the numbers say, and I don´t want to downgrade from 240hz and surely won´t be using wireless mice.
No one is saying you're imagining things. My only point of contention is the cause of what you're feeling. I don't see how it could be the very infrequent 500 Hz drops. Something else could be the source, perhaps even inherent to Logitech mice.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 03:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
I didn´t, how can I make sure the mouse is using a wired connection? What I did was comparing G305 vs G Pro Hero Wired and 3366 wired, G403 3366 wired vs G703 and I used G Pro Wireless (wich hasn´t a wired counterpart).

It didn´t even make me play any worse, my accuracies remained basically the same withing margin of error, is just that I notice a bit of "skipping" at 240hz.

You are not imagining things.

People act like Logitech wireless mice are immune to wireless interference because of the marketing. It's not necessarily true.

For whatever reason, my GPW feels very off when running wireless. I can turn the mouse on and it feels flawless (just like wired) for the first 10 seconds or so. Then I can slowly feel that feeling go away. It's not like it is losing connection or skipping or anything like that, my aim just feels very inconsistent after a bit. In the past I did some tests of turning off wireless devices I have around (like my nearby MX master mouse, bluetooth devices, wireless router, blah blah blah). I could actually feel improvements but you know what? I'm not gonna spend every day turning off my 20 wireless devices so I can game in peace.

So my solution was to use a micro USB paracord with the GPW.

And then your typical Overclock.net/Reddit user will pipe up: "REEEEE, omg, you are using a wireless mouse in wired mode, that totally defeats the purpose, REEEEEEE".

Well guess what? The GPW is only available in wireless variety and only this mouse in their line up has this shape.

Compared to wireless, you can certainly feel the stock charging cable that they include with the mouse weighing it down. But I don't feel any weight difference using a micro USB paracord compared to wireless... so win/win for me. Don't have to worry about wireless interference randomly throwing me off + no additional weighing down of the mouse.

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:31 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 305 (Unique: 222)
Same, I stick with wired G403 so I don't have to deal with wireless issues and poor Logitech's charging mechanisms, no docking station and only super expensive charging pads, so you plug the cable in and out every day... annoying, might as well use a wired lighter issue free version.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 04:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by gunit2004 View Post
You are not imagining things.

People act like Logitech wireless mice are immune to wireless interference because of the marketing. It's not necessarily true.

For whatever reason, my GPW feels very off when running wireless. I can turn the mouse on and it feels flawless (just like wired) for the first 10 seconds or so. Then I can slowly feel that feeling go away. It's not like it is losing connection or skipping or anything like that, my aim just feels very inconsistent after a bit. In the past I did some tests of turning off wireless devices I have around (like my nearby MX master mouse, bluetooth devices, wireless router, blah blah blah). I could actually feel improvements but you know what? I'm not gonna spend every day turning off my 20 wireless devices so I can game in peace.

So my solution was to use a micro USB paracord with the GPW.

And then your typical Overclock.net/Reddit user will pipe up: "REEEEE, omg, you are using a wireless mouse in wired mode, that totally defeats the purpose, REEEEEEE".

Well guess what? The GPW is only available in wireless variety and only this mouse in their line up has this shape.

Compared to wireless, you can certainly feel the stock charging cable that they include with the mouse weighing it down. But I don't feel any weight difference using a micro USB paracord compared to wireless... so win/win for me. Don't have to worry about wireless interference randomly throwing me off + no additional weighing down of the mouse.
Well thanks for your input! I´m happy to see I´m not alone in this (altho I have no idea why I feel wireless is worse, wether it is interference with other devices or just limits of the technology itself). I just find it annoying that everyone including reviewers tell you that Logitech wireless technology is exactly as good as wired. Is hard to trust people nowadays tbh, that´s why I like to test stuff by myself. Same thing happens with monitors, I had around 50 different monitors (between returning etc) as I´m a monitor enthusiast, and I also notice how some products are just bad, even tho reviews tells you they are fast and amazing.

I will sell my wireless mice and will stick to wired from now on, one less thing to worry about

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in