Curious to try and compare to the Model O- I've received a MM710 this weekend.
LOVE LOVE the WEIGHT, the CABLE (truly equals paracords), the tactile scroll-wheel and of course the SENSOR.
Concerning the shape..
- This wide shape suit a lot more palm or claw than fingertip if the hand is around 18-19cm. I understand why RJN said MM710 shape is too wide.. for me tracking is mostly done with fingers and with the wide shape I end up with very reduced range of motion, it impact micro adjustment.
Also arm aiming become priority over wrist aim, that means low sens is preferable.
- I feel my finger aim is wasted with it.
On the other side I also feel less shape of the mouse is wasted compared to model O- where my palm floats above the top shell due to fingertip grip.
- I'm not bothered by the big holes (apart from looks), instead that feature manage to put my pinky in a very stable and precise position regardless of sweat levels. No need to add skins on this.
- the side buttons are harder to find with a thin thumb, M4 and M5 have different sizes and are located HIGHER than the Model O- (forced to re-position my finger I could not do tracking while using them at the same time)
- in my case the time period to adjust was zero because of past muscle memory.
- the scroll wheel and dpi button are located closer to the center, it makes the dpi button impossible to reach
- I did not find the plastic covering the feet
- button response time by default was set to 12ms, minimum being 4ms
- minimum DPI level you can set is 200, there is also the option to set separate values for X and Y axis by steps of 100!
- my copy have a good build except for a small rattle coming from something else than the wheel or side buttons (could be the sensor)
There are 2 firmware upgrade available by the way. The last one comes with the software (v 1.02 I think).
In stock form the MM710 fit my grip better than O- but thanks to the mods I can make better use of the thinner design of the Glorious one.
They both got so close yet so far for what fit me best..
A thinner & shorter MM710 with lower side buttons would be perfect (for claw grip).