Asus ROG Strix Impact II (Small, 3327, MB Switches hotswap) - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Asus ROG Strix Impact II (Small, 3327, MB Switches hotswap)

post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Asus ROG Strix Impact II (Small, 3327, MB Switches hotswap)

- Pixart 3327 sensor (up to 6200dpi, bottom switch).
- Slightly larger than Strix Impact / Sica (Sica was 115 x 62 x 39 mm). Edit: Impact II size will be 120 x 62.5 x 39.5.
- Lighter than Strix Impact / Sica (Sica was 83g without cable).
- More flexible cable.
- 50m Omrons.
- MB switches can be hotswapped (replaced without solder).
- Two side buttons.
- RGB.
- Textured plastic side grip.

https://rog.asus.com/articles/gaming...uned-for-pros/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1558757250862.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	272684  

Last edited by Kirisu; 06-02-2019 at 08:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 04:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Looks really good and with nice improvements over the first one.
Article also says this will have mechanical button tensioning, something similar to Logitech button mechanism i guess.
Definitely on the watchlist with the upcoming Roccat mouse.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 07:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

anyone have any idea if this mouse can be lighter than 65 grams? or any weight estimate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 08:59 AM
Mouse Junkie

Rep: 39 (Unique: 35)
Quote: Originally Posted by nlse View Post
anyone have any idea if this mouse can be lighter than 65 grams? or any weight estimate?
Definitely not. I doubt it will be below 75.

Logitech G PRO Wireless | Custom Huado Mousepad | Sharkoon PureWriter TKL Blue | HyperX Cloud
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 02:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 58 (Unique: 45)
Waiting for more images. Was a fan of the original Sica design but held off due to no side buttons.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 02:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

I'm currently using this mouse on 400dpi and throwing it through the ringer via-CSGO DM, Quake Champions and a few other FPS-related games.

My in-game sens is anywhere between 2 and 3 - I tried multiple just to see what the sensor could do - never bugged out once, even with arm-driven violent whips

The Shape: VERY similar to the Logitech G305/G Pro Wired, with a little less of an "egg shape" to it. I'm a big fan of this design approach - wasn't much of a fan of the "egg shape" though I used a G Pro Wired for little over a year.

The Clicks: Incredibly crisp, tho there is this little "metallic" sound that very very briefly resonates (also barely noticeable cause i'm talking mere milliseconds) after each click, might have to do with what they have going on under the hood mechanically speaking.

Shell Design: It's interesting to say the least. It has a very "smokey" or clouded see-thru effect that allows you to see internal components if the lighting is right and also allows the LED lighting to pop through. It does seem a little dark however and could possibly be lightened up to show off more of the internals (which I was told isn't going to happen since these things are basically final)

The Weight: I do not have on hand a device to measure this thing just yet but I can honestly say it's in the ballpark of 70-85g's. It's once again V E R Y similar to the Logitech G305/G Pro Wired and may be a little less in weight.

The Cable: Very, very basic and cheap - definitely was not looked into at all when developing this mouse, it's essentially just rubber lol

The Price: Aimed to be around $60-ish USD or so from what I was told.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 03:31 PM
Mouse addict

Rep: 32 (Unique: 23)
Interesting, was wondering what happened to this mouse.

Mice currently owned: Logitech G402/G403/G303/G Pro, Zowie FK1/EC2-A/EC2-B/ZA12, Razer Deathadder 2013/Basilisk, Cooler Master Mastermouse S/MM530/MM520, Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye, Dream Machines DM1 Pro S/FPS/DM3 mini, EVGA Torq X3/X5, Ninox Venator, HP Omen 600, Thermaltake Ventus X RGB Optical/Ventus R, Microsoft WMO, Steelseries Rival 310, Nixeus Revel, Ozone Neon M50

Looking to buy and try: Ninox Astrum
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 05:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by cdcd View Post
Interesting, was wondering what happened to this mouse.
Yea, the only issue is they're contemplating not selling it in the United States which makes me sad - though i'm gonna try my best to make it happen, especially after me personally testing it and having it perform amazingly well.

One thing I haven't had a chance to play with is the software, since they're technically isn't anything right now . Reason being, I'd love to control the LOD and make it as small as it possibly can go - as of right now it feels a TINY bit too much when readjusting my aim while gaming.

All in all, it's a very legit mouse and I think fans of the ROG brand at the suggested price point would finally have a great option since all they have currently is the Gladius II Origin which IMO isn't all that, hence why most people go with Logitech, Razer or now Glorious.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 10:10 PM
lololol

Rep: 371 (Unique: 153)
Quote: Originally Posted by Nybz View Post

The Cable: Very, very basic and cheap - definitely was not looked into at all when developing this mouse, it's essentially just rubber lol
isn't that a good thing...

or is it stiff?

too busy to check forums as regularly
pm me if i forget to respond
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 06:34 AM
Mouse addict

Rep: 32 (Unique: 23)
Quote: Originally Posted by Nybz View Post
One thing I haven't had a chance to play with is the software, since they're technically isn't anything right now . Reason being, I'd love to control the LOD and make it as small as it possibly can go - as of right now it feels a TINY bit too much when readjusting my aim while gaming.
ASUS already have a 3327-equipped mouse supported in their software, so I'd expect support for Strix Impact II eventually as well. Don't think the 3327 supports adjustable LOD though.

Mice currently owned: Logitech G402/G403/G303/G Pro, Zowie FK1/EC2-A/EC2-B/ZA12, Razer Deathadder 2013/Basilisk, Cooler Master Mastermouse S/MM530/MM520, Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye, Dream Machines DM1 Pro S/FPS/DM3 mini, EVGA Torq X3/X5, Ninox Venator, HP Omen 600, Thermaltake Ventus X RGB Optical/Ventus R, Microsoft WMO, Steelseries Rival 310, Nixeus Revel, Ozone Neon M50

Looking to buy and try: Ninox Astrum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in