[Sponsored] ROCCAT Kain 120 Overview - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Sponsored] ROCCAT Kain 120 Overview

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
I know you said in the video that you didn't want to get into reviewing the software at this point.
But can you tell us if you can change the lift off distance in the software, like you usually can with Roccat mice?

How many settings? How high is the highest setting?
Um lemme shoot them a message and see if thats still under wraps or not to talk about. Like I said, anything that I used will be totally gone / obsolete at launch though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by menismyforte View Post
Um lemme shoot them a message and see if thats still under wraps or not to talk about.
OK, thanks.

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 07:23 PM
Mouse lover

Rep: 110 (Unique: 77)
Ah darn, wish I was still doing reviews. September is so far.

Good stuff, I really liked the video - also nice to see some gameplay attached as well. Is that cable final? Kind of wish it was rubberized! The rest of the mouse looks really good, website says 89g for a mouse that size I would totally try it. Does it resemble ambidex at all or is it completely ergonomic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by ncck View Post
Ah darn, wish I was still doing reviews. September is so far.

Good stuff, I really liked the video - also nice to see some gameplay attached as well. Is that cable final? Kind of wish it was rubberized! The rest of the mouse looks really good, website says 89g for a mouse that size I would totally try it. Does it resemble ambidex at all or is it completely ergonomic?
Definitely ergo, i'm pretty sure cable is final.

Quote: Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
OK, thanks.
Still waiting for info on this (they're in germany so probably asleep for a few more hours)
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:24 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 309 (Unique: 225)
Seriously, first photo of the mouse in video: Oh that's G403 he's comparing to G403, mm what not saying it's G403, oh wait that's a clone of G403, damn Roccat. Yep it looks very very similar to a G403 shape. While G403 is 88g stock and can be lightened.
I like my G403, might try this mouse in a shop if I see it anywhere. But buying it? Why, G403 costs $40 or even less. 39 EUR with 21% tax right now.

Not a huge fan of paracord so far due to how it bends all the time as I can notice it when it's bent to each direction. Stock cables that hold their straightness better work for me fine. Paracord is definitely not wireless like, it's light but it loves to bend. Cable wise this Roccat looked OK.
Feet look gigantic which increases friction.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by munchzilla View Post
ahh drats. I was really hoping it would be lighter than 80 grams. 92g is kind of a hard sell for me, I was so excited for roccat. shape does look really good though. and if the clicks are as good as they make their wheels... hmm yeah.
also was hoping they'd make a paracord style cable. but how does this one compare to air58's cable?
Just drill holes in it
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 03:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
For future reviews, can you show more pictures/video of the mouse; especially using it/holding it(hand cam would be best if possible) and fewer random clips of CS:GO highlights? I just don’t see the relevance of cherry-picked in-game highlights for a mouse review. Sure, maybe a few(or alongside with handcam), but I felt like the review was basically a CS live stream and not a mouse review. Seemed like the mouse was secondary to the footage. Just my two cents, hopefully it didn’t sound too abrasive as that wasn’t the intention.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 08:29 PM
Mouse lover

Rep: 110 (Unique: 77)
Quote: Originally Posted by hotrodkungfury View Post
For future reviews, can you show more pictures/video of the mouse; especially using it/holding it(hand cam would be best if possible) and fewer random clips of CS:GO highlights? I just don’t see the relevance of cherry-picked in-game highlights for a mouse review. Sure, maybe a few(or alongside with handcam), but I felt like the review was basically a CS live stream and not a mouse review. Seemed like the mouse was secondary to the footage. Just my two cents, hopefully it didn’t sound too abrasive as that wasn’t the intention.
I don't agree with this part about gameplay, I find gameplay footage to be relevant especially for a mice oriented towards competitive gaming. It also adds legitimacy to his review that he's able to perform with the mouse.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 12:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
What will you know about the mouse from csgo footage? It's more like marketing(emotional thing). "Wow what a headshot if i buy this mouse, i will also shoot like that". I think it needs better proportion. More info about mouse and some gameplay.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 11:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by menismyforte View Post
Still waiting for info on this (they're in germany so probably asleep for a few more hours)
Still no reply from them yet?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in