do any of the new x570 boards have a dedicated mouse port to overclock like the fatal1ty ones? - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

do any of the new x570 boards have a dedicated mouse port to overclock like the fatal1ty ones?

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaC View Post
You could buy a G203 for about $25 that has 1000Hz polling rate. That's actually the default.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post
It was a pretty niche feature tho, I mean how many people are still using mice old enough to not support 1000hz polling rate by default for gaming?

The "new' Microsoft Pro Intellimouse also has a 1000hz PR, so maybe just switch to that?

Edit: got the wrong Intellimouse

no such thing as a wmo replacement-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 04:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by WMOman View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaC View Post
You could buy a G203 for about $25 that has 1000Hz polling rate. That's actually the default.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post
It was a pretty niche feature tho, I mean how many people are still using mice old enough to not support 1000hz polling rate by default for gaming?

The "new' Microsoft Pro Intellimouse also has a 1000hz PR, so maybe just switch to that?

Edit: got the wrong Intellimouse

I think the GPW has supplanted it as long as you 10cm+ wide hands. If not, the WMO is probably the better shape.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 06:29 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 171 (Unique: 87)

Here here, no disagreements with your statement at all.

Sometimes the FACTS really do shame the Mouse Industry that has forever ignored this decent shape and buttons.

Still hoping for someone to release a decent update to the WMO using either a Hero Sensor (not picky here) or a 3360/3389 series.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 06:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post

Sometimes the FACTS really do shame the Mouse Industry that has forever ignored this decent shape and buttons.

Still hoping for someone to release a decent update to the WMO using either a Hero Sensor (not picky here) or a 3360/3389 series.
It’s a great shape, but has one critical flaw IMO(haven’t used one in about 15 years though). The rear/base of the mouse where the red light is located is too close to the desk/mousepad. Most modern mice are raised up higher at that spot which allows for better vertical movement during micro adjustments. If I remember correctly, it would wedge into the back of my hand just like the FK series from Zowie does as well.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post

so what do you propose? when i go to windows 10, what do i do?

right now with windows 7 I can use the signed ones so i dont need to run test mode... what about windows 10, what is the situation?

i was told it only works with version 1809.. what if you need to update it?
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 04:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 472 (Unique: 318)
so what do you propose? when i go to windows 10, what do i do?

right now with windows 7 I can use the signed ones so i dont need to run test mode... what about windows 10, what is the situation?

i was told it only works with version 1809.. what if you need to update it?

If there is a signed driver, shouldn't that mean you don't have to worry because it will work? I thought the test mode stuff was just for unsigned drivers?

Tags
wmo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in