Looking for a new mousepad - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Looking for a new mousepad

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 06:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by DeFyYing View Post
Currently using a DM Pad, which I really like but I'd like to compare and see if there's anything better. Basically I'm looking for a pad with low static friction, medium-fast glide, even X/Y glide, good durability, and decent stopping power. I think I've narrowed it down to the following

Artisan Zero MID- had the soft, do u think the mid is enough of a difference to make it worth it? I just thought it didn't seem too different from a QCK tbh

HyperX Fury S- have seen mixed things regarding its durability, some say it has lasted them a while while others have said it loses glide. Otherwise I'm def considering this one

Infensus OP- This looks very good, but I'm concerned by how few ppl seem to talk about it. I know that popularity shouldn't matter, but I just figured that a pad that seems this good should have more attention by the enthusiast community yknow?

CM MP510- This looks perfect except for the roughness, which some ppl said was a deal breaker. The roughest pad I ever used was the Dechanic Control, does anyone know how that compares to it?

Welcome to other suggestions as well

I could personally advise you depending on the size DM Pad XL or XXL, if you want it to cover your whole desk. It's a neat gamind pad, very durable (I have mine for 1,5 years and looks like new. Before I had the Steelseries QCK XXL one though was not that durable. It started scruffing after a while. Contrary to DM Pad It looked as if I used it for more than a year. The DM PAd also has a cool stitching around the corners which prevents the pad from scruffing and spoiling. The layers of the pad don't separate as well.

It really IS water resistant. I've spilled some drink on it several times and it was always easy to clean.

The Pad itself is perfectly balanced between speed and control, it doesn't move easily and I can honestly reccomend it to you as well as every person searching for somethingg durable and at the sam time at a fair price. Great Job Dream Machines! Below I hand out some links:

https://dreammachines.pl/en/dmpadxl

https://dreammachines.pl/en/dmpadxxl

Last edited by marand97; 07-15-2019 at 06:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 10:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
I can't say for sure regarding Zowie mice specifically, but none of my mice have trouble with it, which includes the Model O (3360), G402 (3366), GPW (Hero), Mamba Wireless (3389), Rival 310 (TruMove 3), Rival 600 (TruMove 3+) and HyperX Pulsfire (3310).

My guess would be the Pulsefire is probably the closest to a 3310 equipped Zowie, in that it has no software compatibility or LOD adjustment. Perhaps it may be worth making a separate thread to ask if there are any Scabbard owners with Zowie mice that can confirm.

I can relate to the overshooting thing when getting used to a faster pad, the silicone hybrid pad I'm using at the moment (AMP500) is faster than what I'm used to so it's taking me some time to adjust. I think the Scabbard is a good speed though, it's faster than a typical cloth pad but it's consistent and not too fast to control. It also holds up really well over time and it easy to clean due to the type of fabric used.

I can also confirm that while the MP510 feels "rough" to the touch so to speak, it's not abrasive in any way. It doesn't cause me any discomfort. While the MP510 and Scabbard both use Cordura fabric, their characteristics are slightly different, I would say the MP510 is more of a control type while the Scabbard feels faster.
Just want to add to this conversation. I decided to buy the RoG Scabbard and I've now been using it for about a week or so. I really dig it! I was first thinking of getting the MP510, but since I have that for my laptop but in a smaller size, I decided to get the RoG Scabbard to go with my desktop computer.

I use it with my Air58, and it tracks great on the Scabbard!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in