Razer Viper 2019 - Page 15 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Razer Viper 2019

post #141 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 12:06 PM
pez
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 634 (Unique: 489)
Quote: Originally Posted by HishGamer View Post
I am sorry to revive the thread, but can you tell me what do you mean by "barebone" users? I just bought the razer viper mouse and I installed then uninstalled razer synapse and I regret installing it do you think it missed up the mouse software? I hope you reply me ! <3
Barebone refers to just not wanting any software on your system. Razer's KBs now allow for onboard storage of keybindings and still require an initial install of Synapse to save them. I'm not sure which or how many models of their mice are this way. Saved lighting without Synapse is still a wash, unfortunately.

If you've uninstalled it you should be fine, but others could probably comment on if there are any weird or shady things Razer tries to pull with their software. I'd hope not, but such is the world we live in .

>>>[Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club
Trndsttr
(17 items)
DooMSlayeR
(14 items)
OverCoaster
(15 items)
CPU
3800X [4.3GHz]
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero [WiFi AC]
GPU
EVGA 2080 Ti [XC Ultra]
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ 3600 [16GB]
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo [500GB]
Hard Drive
Samsung QVO 860 [2TB]
Power Supply
EVGA 750 G3
Cooling
Celcius S36 + F120MP
Case
Meshify C
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional [x64]
Monitor
Acer Predator X34
Monitor
Acer Predator XB271HU
Keyboard
Razer Huntsman [TE]
Mouse
Razer Viper Ultimate
Mousepad
Razer Gigantus
Audio
Schiit Bifrost Uber + Schiit Asgard 2 + HD58X Jubilee / HEXv2 / HD700 / TH-X00
Audio
Razer Leviathan 5.1 Soundbar
CPU
2700X
Motherboard
Asus Strix B350-I
GPU
PowerColor RD 5700 XT
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 [16GB]
Hard Drive
Kingston A1000
Hard Drive
Crucial P1
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua L9a
Case
A4-SFX
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro [x64]
Monitor
LG C8 65
Keyboard
Logitech K830
Audio
Bose - Soundbar 700
Other
Xbox Elite Series 2
CPU
R5 3600
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix B450-I
GPU
ASUS GTX 1070 FE
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3K [16GB]
Hard Drive
Kingston HyperX Savage [480GB]
Hard Drive
860 EVO M.2 [1TB]
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Corsair H75 + F120MP
Case
NCASE M1 [v5]
Operating System
Win 10 Pro [x64]
Monitor
Dell S2716DGR [144hz]
Keyboard
Razer Huntsman [Quartz]
Mouse
G502
Mousepad
Razer Goliathus Extended [Quartz]
Audio
AudioQuest Dragonfly Black + Sennhesier HD650 + ModMic
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 12:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by pez View Post
Barebone refers to just not wanting any software on your system. Razer's KBs now allow for onboard storage of keybindings and still require an initial install of Synapse to save them. I'm not sure which or how many models of their mice are this way. Saved lighting without Synapse is still a wash, unfortunately.

If you've uninstalled it you should be fine, but others could probably comment on if there are any weird or shady things Razer tries to pull with their software. I'd hope not, but such is the world we live in .

Yeah and considering the fact that Razer Viper has no on-board memory I dont think synapse messed up anything with my mouse factory settings for eternity ? I mean it can't if the mouse has no on-board memory so how can the synapse upload anything to it?
post #143 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 05:13 PM
Raytracing <3

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by HishGamer View Post
Yeah and considering the fact that Razer Viper has no on-board memory I dont think synapse messed up anything with my mouse factory settings for eternity ? I mean it can't if the mouse has no on-board memory so how can the synapse upload anything to it?
It has on board memory. It just doesn't save lighting to it. It saves DPI and polling. Synapse 3 devices have on-board memory with the exception of saving lighting effects.

Quote: Originally Posted by Razer_TheFiend View Post

Some might remember that during Synapse 2 generation of devices, we completely did away with on-board memory. We brought it back for Synapse 3 specifically because there was a sizable demographic that did not want to use the software all the time. so nearly all devices released in the last ~3.5 years or so have had on-board storage and you are welcome to use devices without Synapse.

Misinformation should be a thing of the past. This is the age of information. You are obligated to accept facts and do proper research which is readily available to all. Become better, humanity.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in