FinalMeme Ultralight 2 - Cape Town - preordering July 28th , 3pm pst. - Page 18 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

FinalMeme Ultralight 2 - Cape Town - preordering July 28th , 3pm pst.

post #171 of 179 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 03:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
All it take to break the spell is good parenting.

Their future selves are gonna slap them in the face knowing how badly they have been scammed considering the options.
Also the more time pass the less relevant those products become (very niche shape, nut price, unusable skins, suspicious guarantee).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 179 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 06:58 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 173 (Unique: 89)
Quote: Originally Posted by ATH-YF View Post
All it take to break the spell is good parenting.
Until you have children which amount to seven under one roof, then please provide detailed guidelines for "Good Parenting" here?

Don't hide behind others and pretend to know something you have no concept of, which seems to be the normal OCN behaviour here.
post #173 of 179 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 08:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 8)
It's really not cool to suggest that someone is not providing good parenting to their children just because their kid wants a Finalmouse. I agree that FM is mostly hyped up junk for the price, but haven't we all wanted things when we were young that we wouldn't buy now?

The reason FM is popular with kids could very likely be because they see their favorite streamers and such using FM products and want the same gear. If that makes them happy, then so be it. That's not a sign of Elrick being a bad parent at all, in fact none of this has anything to do with what kind of parent he is. Saying stuff like that is only going to derail the thread....

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD

Last edited by Zammin; 10-06-2019 at 10:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #174 of 179 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 01:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Good parenting is about good communication and well defined roles regardless of the number of kids, it's easier said than done but that doesn't mean we have to give up.
Teachers manage to handle a lot of them so there is possibilities.

As a youngster I had my own amount of dream products I asked (but not pushed) my parents to get.
Most of the times I got denied and made me realize prices matter and family priorities are a bigger issue. It taught me also who is really in charge of the decisions since it was not my own money at play.

If some greedy brand can change the mind of those kids then parents should be able to achieve the same feat while using good ethics in the process.

Tell them about the sponsorship and it's goals to target THEM specifically, show them reliable videos comparing the products (a link below), you can also explain about the stuff you can buy for the price of 1 UL2 (keyboard+mouse, headphones+mouse).
And tell them once the next thing come out, streamers are gonna switch away to the new tech and repeat the cycle because that's simply the job they are asked to do.

post #175 of 179 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 12:49 AM
- Insanity Beckons -

Arrived.....

Already taken from the MaxGaming packaging and is being installed onto his Machine.

First thing of note it isn't White in colour because the mouse feet are pure white, whilst the shell of this mouse is 'cream or beige'.

More in keeping with the older PC schemes of the early 1980's here, only the burnt orange coloured cable and scroll wheel rubber is different from this current shade. He likes it's holey shell which can be covered up with their so-called "Infinitely Skin" .

Basically 3 packs of 3M stickers that cover SOME of the holes on this latest design, what for, who knows.......

In the end, he's in daze of comfort and lethargy due to now moving his 'Gaming Cursor' far quicker than ever before .

YES even here in Convict Town, their are some that dream of 'Greatness in Gaming' and will keep on dreaming......
post #176 of 179 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 04:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
I'm using UL2 as my main atm. Previous mice were G703, EC2-B, S2. Thoughts about UL2: Buttons are good. No problems. I can spam them a little bit easier than S2 buttons. They are also not too light to press. Overall 5/5 buttons. Shape is perfect for my 18/9 cm hand. Light weight is a plus but not the most important feature. I'm using only side mouse skins. Top skins were hard to set up and I don't need them anyways.

Main reasons why I am using this mouse as my main gaming mouse:

1. Shape. My fingers are quite short and this is perfect shape for my hand.

2. Good buttons/ click. I hate average buttons. Or just above average. UL2 has very good clicks and with the perfect shape this feels like my personal end game mouse.

3. Also there is no dealbrakers. Solid mouse all the way.
post #177 of 179 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 05:00 AM
- Insanity Beckons -

Quote: Originally Posted by Poodle View Post
Also there is no dealbrakers. Solid mouse all the way.

Yep, my youngest agrees as well.

He just wants to have RGB happening, sometimes even Final Mouse can deliver a little decency when required .
post #178 of 179 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 11:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Poodle View Post
Also there is no dealbrakers. Solid mouse all the way.

Yep, my youngest agrees as well.

He just wants to have RGB happening, sometimes even Final Mouse can deliver a little decency when required [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/thumb.gif[/IMG] .
Even as a normal sized adult, this is a fingertip grippers dream. Great clicks and shape(with side skins) for fingertip. This mouse is really overlooked because of the price and the finalmeme reputation, but outside of the M1K, it’s the best fingertip grip mouse by far.
post #179 of 179 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 07:15 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

It's come back to Max Gaming;

https://us.maxgaming.com/gaming-mice...ht-2-cape-town

Because the youngest swears on his Life, it's the best ever mouse he has used - the other two want it as well.

Hence their Xmas presents (will not be getting them anything else) will cost me a total of $250.99USD (converting it to Convict Currency is murder). There you go, being fleeced alive by Final Mouse .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in