Has anyone ever received grey colored Hyperglides? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Has anyone ever received grey colored Hyperglides?

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 4)
Has anyone ever received grey colored Hyperglides?

Hi everyone

I recently ordered four sets of Hyperglides, one from Max Gaming and three from ParacableMods, who have only just started selling them within the last few weeks after receiving their first batch.

The set I got from Max Gaming is clearly white, while the three sets I got from ParacableMods are very grey for some reason. This is the first time I've seen this, all images and videos I've ever seen of Hyperglides showed them as being very white.

I'm wondering if Hyperglide screwed up the batch that was sent to Paracablemods. ParacableMods have never sold mouse skates before but they are a newly authorised distributor for Hyperglide.

Has anyone else here ever received grey-colored Hyperglides?

Here are some images of the set from Max Gaming (left) compared to three sets from ParacableMods (right).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2898.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	288342  

Name:	IMG_2899.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	288344  

Name:	IMG_2897.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	288346  

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD

Last edited by Zammin; 08-12-2019 at 07:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 05:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Thats definitely strange, all my hyperglides have been white. (bought directly from hyperglide web store)
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 06:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I have grey hyperglides from Maxgaming (G403) and grey (GPW) skates directly from hyperglides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Thanatos. View Post
Thats definitely strange, all my hyperglides have been white. (bought directly from hyperglide web store)
Yeah I thought it was strange too. All the pictures and videos I've ever seen show white skates. ParacableMods is an authorised distributor for them and gets their stock directly from Hyperglide, so they're legit. Just an odd color.

Since I opened this thread I've been talking to Matt from ParacableMods and he said that he's seen white ones before but most of the Hyperglides he purchased for himself from Max Gaming in the past (before he was a distributor) were apparently grey, as well as the batch he received just recently directly from Hyperglide being grey too. He sent pictures of the samples installed on his FM Ultralight from Max Gaming and a few other sets from the recent batch. They indeed look like mine.

I also just got a reply from Hyperglide which reads:

"Thanks for your purchase. All is as should be. MS-3 is white not because
of the actual material but the adhesive process (lack of) used vs the
others."

I've asked him to clarify if that means they switch up their adhesive process from time to time, creating the existence of both white and grey samples of the same skates, and then I received this reply:

"The above is an incorrect observation.

Only MS-3 is white."

This can't be right, when I search images and videos for Hyperglides all I can find is white skates. I can't find any that look grey at all outside of the pictures shared between Matt at ParacableMods and myself. Below are some examples. It's very strange and confusing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	81Z1PKZRk3L._SX569_.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	288392  

Name:	B1xSCQJ.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	711.2 KB
ID:	288394  

Name:	76e98486_z-3-sneak.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	288396  

Attached Images

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 08:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 27)
pure teflon should be white no? ask for replacements
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by jayfkay View Post
pure teflon should be white no? ask for replacements
That is my understanding as well. But all the Hyperglides that were sent to ParacableMods are grey, and Hyperglide themselves are telling both myself and Matt from ParacableMods that it's normal and have not offered replacements. I'm still emailing them but it's hard to have decent communication when they only respond with such short sentences..

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 07:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 46)
I've bought hyperglides for several types of mice and they've always been white. Not to mention that pure PTFE should be white, or if anything very slightly transparent - but definitely not grey.

Maybe they changed them from pure PTFE for more recent feet, but they definitely used to be white outside of the MS-3.

a_ak57
(20 items)
CPU
Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz
Motherboard
ASRock P67 Fatal1ty Professional
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
RAM
2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz
RAM
2x 4GB G. Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz DDR3
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 1TB
Hard Drive
Seagate ST3000DM001
Hard Drive
Toshiba PH3500U-1I72
Optical Drive
Pioneer Blu-ray Drive BDC-207DBK
Power Supply
Cooler Master V850
Cooling
Corsair H100i
Case
NZXT H630 (matte black)
Operating System
Windows 10 64-bit
Monitor
Dell U2713HM
Monitor
ASUS VG236H
Keyboard
Cooler Master Novatouch
Mouse
Logitech G Pro Wireless
Mousepad
HyperX Fury S Speed Edition Large
Audio
Sennheiser HD800
Audio
Grace Design M9XX
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by a_ak57; 08-12-2019 at 07:43 PM.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by a_ak57 View Post
I've bought hyperglides for several types of mice and they've always been white. Not to mention that pure PTFE should be white, or if anything very slightly transparent - but definitely not grey.

Maybe they changed them from pure PTFE for more recent feet, but they definitely used to be white outside of the MS-3.
Yeah, it just blows my mind that Hyperglide themselves are saying they are meant to be grey when the photos on their own website show they are clearly white. As you say, they are advertised as pure PTFE which is meant to be white, yet they are saying it's meant to be grey.

I paid double the price of Tiger skates for these so I'm pretty annoyed that instead of offering replacements or an explanation that makes sense they are trying to convince me they're always grey when that's clearly not true.

Last edited by Zammin; 08-13-2019 at 07:25 AM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 11:52 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 172 (Unique: 88)
Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
Yeah, it just blows my mind that Hyperglide themselves are saying they are meant to be grey when the photos on their own website show they are clearly white. As you say, they are advertised as pure PTFE which is meant to be white, yet they are saying it's meant to be grey.

Why would you want the colour to be ALWAYS white?

Not picking on you here but PTFE can be any colour at all because they are now adding it as something special within their current line of products. Grey is an alright colour and if it performs the very same as the All White models, then nothing has changed besides the colour.

As a side note here maybe they see everyone's mouse pad and desk to be like a filthy pigsty, hence good to change the colour to help match what the feet are gliding on .
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 12:58 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post
Why would you want the colour to be ALWAYS white?

Not picking on you here but PTFE can be any colour at all because they are now adding it as something special within their current line of products. Grey is an alright colour and if it performs the very same as the All White models, then nothing has changed besides the colour.

As a side note here maybe they see everyone's mouse pad and desk to be like a filthy pigsty, hence good to change the colour to help match what the feet are gliding on .
All good, I know you aren't picking on me. It's not that I want it to be white because I like the color, it's that I don't understand why mine are grey while almost all others (even with the same model) have white. As far as I understand, and in line with the other comments in this thread, 100% pure PTFE should be white yeah? So that makes me wonder what is in mine to make them grey. Hyperglide claims to be "100% virgin PTFE" and all the photos on the Hyperglide webstore show white skates. So presumably there shouldn't be any reason for them to be grey unless something was either changed or screwed up.

At this point Matt from ParacableMods and I are not really sure if they screwed up a batch and sent it out to resellers anyway, or if the guy I'm talking to over email doesn't realise they have been selling white skates, because what they are saying doesn't make sense. He's saying that only the MS-3 models are white and all others are supposed to be grey due to a difference in adhesive process, but outside of the samples sent to Matt at ParacableMods and myself, we can't find any other examples of grey Hyperglides. Every picture and video I can find shows white, and the others commenting in this thread say they got white Hyperglides too.

Surely if they had deliberately added something to their skates to make them grey they would tell me that instead of acting like they've always sold grey skates other than the MS-3s.

As for whether they perform the same, I have never had Hyperglides before so I don't have a point of reference. I'd need a white set and a grey set of the same skates to test. I also don't want to use them until I know why they are this off color, because if there's something wrong with them and I end up having to send them back to exchange or refund them, they need to still be new in the packaging.

Have you also received grey Hyperglides before by any chance?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in