Roccat Kone Pure Ultra (66, 66.5grams!) - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Roccat Kone Pure Ultra (66, 66.5grams!)

post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Roccat Kone Pure Ultra (66, 66.5grams!)

From Roccat themselves:

Quote:
Alright guys, here it is, the upcoming Kone Pure Ultra. Truth be told, we were not ready to reveal this to the public yet, but after pictures of the KPU got out earlier than intended from a promo event in China, a few of us put at some infos for you together and are happy to talk basics(!) of the KPU, so let's call this a pre-reveal, shall we? We'd also like to stress that some of the infos you got from the other posting are not 100% correct, which kinda forces our hand because nobody likes wrong information making rounds Again, sorry for any confusion as this wasn’t the plan, but we’ll have the full reveal of the Kone Pure Ultra in a few weeks. First and foremost the KPU is obviously aimed at the competitive and enthusiast scene. Taking into consideration tons of feedback regarding our beloved KPOE - some of it coming from this very community - we tried, and may I say succeeded, improving on said KPOE. So without further ado here is the nitty gritty:

-) The KPU will come in at 66g for the ash black and 66.5g for the arctic white version instead of the previously reported 67g.
-) It will have an extra flexible, light PVC cable, not unlike the Kain 100/102, and NOT a braided one.
-) As for the sensor, it will sport the ROCCAT Owl-Eye 16k (based on the PMW 3389).
-) Of course we also included the ROCCAT 2D Titan Wheel - aka "best wheel in the industry" for you guys again
-) It also features our AIMO lighting system, as is customary for all our new mice.
-) The previously leaked MSRP is also not correct, we will most likely land around KPOE's MSRP at launch.
-) Last but not least, and I said this time and time again - we are not a fan of visible holes in our products, so we gave the KPU an extra layer of awesomeness and style, but still managed to give you what should be the lightest ergo mouse on the market as of right now. Freethink this!
This is it for the basic rundown, please understand that we are not willing to fully discuss ALL new features at this point in time, this is merely to correct some of the slightly wrong information that is currently making rounds due to the leak form earlier today. That being said, there are even more features that makes this the best Kone Pure iteration of all time and a masterpiece we are truly proud of - and can't wait to talk to you about in full detail.
I just wished the next time our colleagues in Asia perform such a stunt, it's not 1:30 am on a Saturday morning when I have to type such a statement, so please be gentle with us

Source: https://old.reddit.com/r/MouseReview...tra_prereveal/

Intel i7 8086k @ 5.1 GHz | Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | 16 GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB @ 4000 MHz | Asus RTX 2080 Ti Dual OC | 2x Samsung 970 PRO 512GB | Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic (White)
ZOWIE by BenQ XL2546 | G-Wolves Sköll w/Paracord | QUAD GAMING the mouse rock | Artisan Ninja FX Hein MID XL (Wine Red) | Ducky One 2 Horizon TKL (w/Cherry MX Red & Tai-Hao Custom Keycaps)
Backing the Ninox Astrum: 2x Nebula, Redshift, Luna & 1x Black Knight, Dilithium, Plutonium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 05:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 59 (Unique: 50)
if only they removed the bump right below where the thumb goes... would be considering this one for sure! I hate when mice won't let me straighten out my thumb a bit more cause of fingertip grip.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 06:12 AM
mfw

Rep: 391 (Unique: 203)
Freethink this!

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 07:54 AM
Mouse Junkie

Rep: 36 (Unique: 33)
Nice!

Logitech G PRO Wireless | Custom Huado Mousepad | Sharkoon PureWriter TKL Blue | HyperX Cloud
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 05:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
will it be released this year? any estimate, or known release date?
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 03:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Well damn, just bought a O- and MM710, now I gotta get this since the KPM/KPOE has been one of the best shapes for me. They said it was supposed to be announced in October, so hopefully this year.

Last edited by Ricey20; 09-22-2019 at 03:31 PM.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 03:37 PM
mfw

Rep: 391 (Unique: 203)
Quote: Originally Posted by Ricey20 View Post
Well damn, just bought a O- and MM710, now I gotta get this since the KPM/KPOE has been one of the best shapes for me. They said it was supposed to be announced in October, so hopefully this year.
Honestly, I'm buying whatever comes first: Glorious' ergo model or this.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 03:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 27)
K well now I need it.

Everything I own or have used extensively in an alphabetical list. Ask me anything! ^-^
CPU
Ryzen 1600
Motherboard
ASRock AB350
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1070
RAM
G-Skill 2x8GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 500BQ
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Rosewill Viper Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Corsair K65
Mouse
Too many
Mousepad
Too many
Audio
SHP9500
▲ hide details ▲
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 10:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 3)
G305, G Pro Wireless, Model O, Model O-, G-Wolves Hati and now this.. My wallet hurts.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 12:49 AM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 173 (Unique: 89)
Quote: Originally Posted by Zelo View Post
G305, G Pro Wireless, Model O, Model O-, G-Wolves Hati and now this.. My wallet hurts.
No it doesn't, you just need more experience when being 'rogered' by all the Good Gear when it presents itself.

After a while you won't feel a thing anymore as the next Mouse Purchase, will occur without any fuss or discomfort.

Take it from an experience person who has been enjoying this purchasing-craft for many years .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in