Lost control over my aim? What is going on? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Lost control over my aim? What is going on?

post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Lost control over my aim? What is going on?

I am super confused as to what happened to me. I have always been able to accurately headshot and place my crosshair exactly where i wanted to . But lately i find myself switching through mice trying to regain my old ability.

A few weeks ago i switched to the Model O , which is awesome. I can find myself doing insane flicks being instantly on target surprising myself. Playing faster paced games is a bliss with this mouse. Yet whenever i play slower paced games where accuracy counts and i try to calmly yet fast aim at someones head i feel like i am not in control and end up spraying and wiffing.

Then when i switch back to my G403 it is the complete opposite. My flicks are fine but not super hyperactive on point as with the Model O. But i have a much easier time accurately aiming on someones head no problem. At the same time it pisses me off that when i look around my crosshair goes up if i aim left and down if i aim right. So i have to compensate for that. This is a nonissue with the Model O , S1 , ZA11. I am guessing its the forward sensor position and the way i hold the mouse.

I found myself switching from mouse to mouse doing hours upon hours of kovaacs, csgo aim maps and such to figure out what is happening.

Has anyone else felt the same way? A buddy told me that its most likely the sensor but they with the exeception of the ZA-11 have the 3360. But they all feel different. I am so frustrated.

G403 = accurate aim , adjustments, decent flicks, up down crosshair movement while i look around. Decent sniping, really accurate easy taps and recoil control.

S1 = accurate aim, slow flicks, everything feels slowed down but i am in control

ZA-11 = decent flicks, little bit disconnected aim. but great comfortable shape

Model O = hyper accurate flicks that are on point. Looking around in all directions feels completely free and sped up. Accurate slow precise movements feel disconnected and harder than on other mice. Sniping feels so easy, every shot is a hit. Tapping rifles and recoil control feels harder.

My grip seems to be best for ambi shaped mice as my crosshair doesnt move up or down while spinning around.

What am i supposed to do? I feel like i am suffering from some illogical placebo in the back of my head. It can't be just related to shape , since the ZA-11 and S1 are also ambi and feel similar to the g403 in terms of aim.

2014 was my best year , i aimed incredibly well, ran around corners and insta headshot people like i am cheating. I was using the ZA-11 which i can't really use anymore after having used the G403 and Model O.

Am i cursed to keep buying new mice till i find a mouse that offers me the best of both worlds without the crosshair movement issue? Or should i just stick with the G403 or Model O and just git gud and adjust.

Last edited by Athrutep; 09-12-2019 at 08:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 09:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 48 (Unique: 45)
It sounds like you're going through what I did for about a year, I kept switching mice but kept going back to my FK2.
Eventually I also landed on the Model O and am using it currently.

At first my aim was all over the place with the Model O, but I'm able to do a lot of flicks now since I can grip it properly. I was forced to use a fingertip grip on the FK2 which allowed me to have really precise shots but I couldn't flick well with it.

Initially my precision and recoil control were really off because of the weight and grip difference on the O. I dropped my sensitivity ~25% in-game and it's been great for me so far. I've used the G403 and Sensei 310 and can't go back to them after the Model O.

Perpetual 21:9
(13 items)
CPU
i7 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC @ 2Ghz
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Cooling
HWLabs Nemesis 360, EK fittings, Photon res w/ D5
Case
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Monitor
34UC79G-B, 144Hz, G-Sync
Keyboard
Corsair K65 LUX
Mouse
Glorious Model O
Mousepad
Steelseries Prism XL
Audio
ATH M50x
▲ hide details ▲
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 10:16 AM
Mehehe!

Rep: 86 (Unique: 50)
Pick the shape you like the most and stop swapping.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Mouse Junkie

Rep: 36 (Unique: 33)
It's called overthinking. Just go with the most comfy one and stop worrying about it.

Logitech G PRO Wireless | Custom Huado Mousepad | Sharkoon PureWriter TKL Blue | HyperX Cloud

Mouse & mouse pad reviewer at TechPowerUp
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 11:30 AM
Newb to Overclock.net

Rep: 167 (Unique: 124)
Don't forget your mouse ESP firmware. Everyone and their grandmother has it now in CS:GO.

CPU: Q6600 X5470 2100T 1680V2 9900K
GPU: 8800GT 9800GTX+ 750Ti 1080Ti
RAM: 2x8GBTZ
Gentoo64 in Water
(14 items)
LGA775 X5470
(6 items)
CPU
9900K 5GHz 1.224v
Motherboard
EVGA Z370 Micro
GPU
MSI 1080TI GXEK 2100.5/12627
RAM
16GB Trident Z 4000C16
Hard Drive
970 EVO 500GB
Power Supply
Seasonic X850 Gold
Cooling
480mm Radiator Custom
Case
Silverstone FT03
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Operating System
Gentoo Linux 64 Multi-Lib
Monitor
Acer Predator XB271UH 165Hz
Keyboard
Logitech G710+
Mouse
Logitech G502
Audio
Sound Blaster Z
CPU
X5470 4GHz (stock v)
Motherboard
GA-EP45-UD3P
GPU
EVGA 9800 GTX+ 512MB
RAM
8GB 4x2GB GSkill 1066MHz DDR2
Cooling
XSPC Rasa, D5 + Res, 240mm Rad
Case
Lian-Li PC7-HX
▲ hide details ▲
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 11:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 544 (Unique: 309)
Quote: Originally Posted by mouacyk View Post
Don't forget your mouse ESP firmware. Everyone and their grandmother has it now in CS:GO.
got some sauce for this? Curious what it is.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 12:59 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 337 (Unique: 240)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
got some sauce for this? Curious what it is.
Programmable macros for some mice in the mouse software or firmware itself, such as recoil reduction, aka it drags mouse down in a specified pattern lets say for that AK in CS. Aka cheating and banned from any half serious competition.

---

G403 is fine, Zowie's are pretty bad overall especially with 3310, Model O I would have no problem using probably except the shape may not fit me.
There are some decent mice released after Logitech "disrupted" (offered something half decent compared to the useless mice before) with their G403, Gpro, 3360 based mice with usable shapes.

Why are you having trouble with mice? Because you are unable or unwilling to adapt to a different mouse quickly, you are stuck with your old grip which is wrong if you can't even move and keep a level, so you grab a different mouse use inappropriate grip and then wonder why it feels off compared to your old mouse.

Personally I don't care and can adapt easily, but what I do care about is shape comfort and ability to even use all the buttons where some mice are so badly sized and shaped that I cannot, they are too small made for midget/teen/Asian/child hands.

Low weight is nice but glide/feet are important as well and new mice don't exactly excel at this.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 01:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
You mention the crosshair going up and down when aiming left and right, that is because your sensor alignment is incorrect. Here is a good article on proper sensor alignment and how to fix it with either how you grip it or where you put your pressure on the radial or ulnar side of your wrist on the table.

http://www.esreality.com/post/241004...tion-and-more/
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
I guess switching mice definitely doesn't do me any good. I think i should stick with ambi shapes then, since that way i don't have to alter my mousegrip and can just grab the mouse the way my hands want to. This way i don't have to make up for my grip holding the mouse at a wrong angle. Ambi shape mice i can just put my hands on and it works, spinning around like crazy and the crosshair stays leveled. I feel like lowering my sens would help me with the accurate aiming part but my sens is already pretty slow (54cm/360).

I hope the Ninox Astrum comes out soon. That way i can at least customize it till it feels right especially with the sensor position, i feel like lower helps with aim but amplifies the angle problem and higher alleviates the angle issue but makes it harder to be precise.

I guess i am really overthinking it and should just pick whats most comfortable for me and stick with it and never change.

Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
Why are you having trouble with mice? Because you are unable or unwilling to adapt to a different mouse quickly, you are stuck with your old grip which is wrong if you can't even move and keep a level, so you grab a different mouse use inappropriate grip and then wonder why it feels off compared to your old mouse.
i mean is there a right way to grip? shouldn't i just lay my hands down in the most comfortable manner the way my hands want to grip the mouse? I only have that issue with ergo mice since i sorta palm it but my pinky doesnt touch the mouse its pressed against my ring finger. And i control the mouse between my thumb and ring finger. But then ergos feel so much better to palmgrip.

I can adapt to it by making a movement to counter the up and down movement within a day without thinking about it. But

I mean i could use a clawgrip, which works and doesnt cause the up down movement while looking around but that would mean to invest even more time into learning a new grip that isn't as comfortable after over 10 years.
It is also amplified by my slow sens, with higher sens it doesn't really do that since i need to physically move the mouse less.

If only i could have the accuracy of the g403 with the insane flicks of the model O without the sensor angle problems i have with the comfortable shape of an ergo mouse. Sigh.

Quote: Originally Posted by tacomn View Post
You mention the crosshair going up and down when aiming left and right, that is because your sensor alignment is incorrect. Here is a good article on proper sensor alignment and how to fix it with either how you grip it or where you put your pressure on the radial or ulnar side of your wrist on the table.

http://www.esreality.com/post/241004...tion-and-more/
that article is quite interesting. although it seems like higher sensor position = better . But sensor position is nothing i can change (unless i get an astrum, which isnt out yet.)

Quote: Originally Posted by vanir1337 View Post
It's called overthinking. Just go with the most comfy one and stop worrying about it.
Yea i guess i should just pick one and stick with it.

Last edited by Athrutep; 09-12-2019 at 02:52 PM.
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 02:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 544 (Unique: 309)
thanks for that.

I've got weird issues with my G900, like when trying to dial in on someone, it misreads & will kinda jump/not go where it should/trim up a bit when that was clearly not what it was told to do.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in