Razer Basilisk Wireless - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Razer Basilisk Wireless

post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 03:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 59 (Unique: 50)
Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
Very interesting. Am I correct in assuming the 107g version is the one with the AA battery? Or is it the 83g version that uses the AA? I wonder how much the weight could be reduced with a AAA lithium and a converter, which is a common mod for the G305/G304 which also uses a AA.

Great to know they both have high end sensors.
I'm going to be guessing 83g "essential version" + battery weight, and 107g might be the one with rechargeable battery...but we'll see!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 03:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Razer_TheFiend View Post
Yes. One rechargeable, one with AA battery (non rechargeable). Both flawless (but different) sensors.
gotta love modern marketing
if both sensors are flawless, then why even bother spending funds developing the other?
what are the differences that warranted making 2 flawless sensors instead of just using one in all your products?

X370 Crosshair VI Extreme || Ryzen 2700X + be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 || G.Skill Trident Z 2x8GB 3333CL14 || MSI 1080Ti Gaming X || Samsung EVO 960 500GB + Crucial MX500 500GB m.2 + Crucial MX500 1TB m.2 || 650W Seasonic Prime Platinum || be quiet! Dark Base 700 & 4xSilent Wings 3 140mm 1600RPM PWM || LG 32GK850G 1440p 165Hz Gsync || Xbox One gamepad || CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S || Wireless Logitech G403 + Glorious Gaming Mouse || Windows 10 Pro x64 ||
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 03:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Fanu View Post
if both sensors are flawless, then why even bother spending funds developing the other?
what are the differences that warranted making 2 flawless sensors instead of just using one in all your products?
#1. I'm far removed from marketing. My job is R&D.

#2. Sensor features, power consumption, higher (but largely inconsequential) performance numbers.

Personally, I consider anything of the level of 3330 or above to be flawless for any practical purposes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 03:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 17)
I assume that AA battery one will be little bit cheaper since buying batteries will be on you and it wont have charging interface built in. And the one with built in battery will have all the bling like usb charging, dock compatibility etc etc. which also will make the mice more expensive.

I dont see anything bad there, it just let's them capture wider market.

r5-1600 4.1 1.431vcore 3020 cb20 score max temp 76.4c
amd wraith prism cpu cooler
b450m asus prime motherboard
16gb ddr4 2933mhz oc'd cl 16 hyperx ram
gtx 1660ti gigabyte gaming oc 2070-2100mhz core 6651mhz memory 68c max temp in 3dmark
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 04:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by munchzilla View Post
I'm going to be guessing 83g "essential version" + battery weight, and 107g might be the one with rechargeable battery...but we'll see!
Ah yeah that would make the most sense, good point. So with a AAA lithium we'd probably be looking around the 92g mark. Still pretty good for a large wireless mouse if that's the case.

This is just my assumption, I don't want to speak on their behalf but I'm guessing by "flawless" he may be referring to the "flawless mouse sensor list". Meaning a sensor that does not malfunction/spin out or have tracking issues etc. Every variant of the 3360 and 3389 falls under this category as far as I know.

If I had to guess I would say the cheaper one (PAW3369) may not have the same improvements and extra features found in the "Focus+" (PAW3399) such as the Motion Sync, advanced liftoff/landing distance adjustment, auto LOD mode etc.

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 04:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 59 (Unique: 50)

#2. Sensor features, power consumption, higher (but largely inconsequential) performance numbers.

Personally, I consider anything of the level of 3330 or above to be flawless for any practical purposes.
I tried a 3330-based sensor once but kind of been dismissing it because it had like 3mm LOD, which is far too high for my usage, do you know if all 3330 have high LOD like this, or if it was just a one-off thing?
couldn't find anywhere to change it in the driver software on this mouse :-(
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 04:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

oh so they fill 2 different roles and one sensor cant universally be used across your product range without making sacrifices in certain aspects (battery life?)
I guess that makes sense
and +1 for having a tech guy post on forums (is it in your job description, being in touch with community, or are you doing it on your own?) instead of a community manager or anyone from marketing that does not know technical ins and outs of products they are advertising and just parrot useless marketing paroles

X370 Crosshair VI Extreme || Ryzen 2700X + be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 || G.Skill Trident Z 2x8GB 3333CL14 || MSI 1080Ti Gaming X || Samsung EVO 960 500GB + Crucial MX500 500GB m.2 + Crucial MX500 1TB m.2 || 650W Seasonic Prime Platinum || be quiet! Dark Base 700 & 4xSilent Wings 3 140mm 1600RPM PWM || LG 32GK850G 1440p 165Hz Gsync || Xbox One gamepad || CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S || Wireless Logitech G403 + Glorious Gaming Mouse || Windows 10 Pro x64 ||
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 06:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

oh so they fill 2 different roles and one sensor cant universally be used across your product range without making sacrifices in certain aspects (battery life?)
I guess that makes sense
and +1 for having a tech guy post on forums (is it in your job description, being in touch with community, or are you doing it on your own?) instead of a community manager or anyone from marketing that does not know technical ins and outs of products they are advertising and just parrot useless marketing paroles
It's not in my job description... I didn't post on the internet for the first 4 years of my job, but eventually got a bit frustrated with marketing/social teams giving out flat out wrong information in comments everywhere, so I decided to get on forums myself.

To be fair to them, it's not their job to be technically deft about all technical matters, and we don't have anyone filling that gap, so here I am.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 06:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
If I had to guess I would say the cheaper one (PAW3369) may not have the same improvements and extra features found in the "Focus+" (PAW3399) such as the Motion Sync, advanced liftoff/landing distance adjustment, auto LOD mode etc.
That's spot on. It also has lower speed/acceleration and resolution accuracy specs but still in-line with previous-gen flagships.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 06:29 AM
Mouse addict

Rep: 31 (Unique: 23)
3399 is not a derivative sensor. It's a whole new sensor that we started working with Pixart in 2016, right after we finished work on the 3389. It uses a few of Razer patented technologies and will remain exclusive to Razer for some time to come.
Thanks for the clarification. Can you confirm that it's entirely different from the 3335 (package/silicone level) or is it comparable to the 3360/3389 situation?

Quote: Originally Posted by munchzilla View Post
I tried a 3330-based sensor once but kind of been dismissing it because it had like 3mm LOD, which is far too high for my usage, do you know if all 3330 have high LOD like this, or if it was just a one-off thing?
couldn't find anywhere to change it in the driver software on this mouse :-(
For LOD, the 3330 offers settings of 2mm, 3mm and manual calibration.

Mice currently owned: Logitech G402/G403/G303/G Pro, Zowie FK1/EC2-A/EC2-B/ZA12, Razer Deathadder 2013/Basilisk, Cooler Master Mastermouse S/MM530/MM520, Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye, Dream Machines DM1 Pro S/FPS/DM3 mini, EVGA Torq X3/X5, Ninox Venator, HP Omen 600, Thermaltake Ventus X RGB Optical/Ventus R, Microsoft WMO, Steelseries Rival 310, Nixeus Revel, Ozone Neon M50

Looking to buy and try: Ninox Astrum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in