Glorious PC Gaming Race Model D Revealed (Pics) - Page 12 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Glorious PC Gaming Race Model D Revealed (Pics)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #111 of 117 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 03:55 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
raucous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 57
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I have had my Model D (black matte) version since January. I like the shape of the mouse a lot but my copy has a few quality control issues that are bothering me.

- Mouse 1 wobble and audible sound of the button rattling and moving when pressed. Now that the mouse has worn in this has become more obvious.
- Squeaky scroll wheel (minor annoyance)

I am looking at getting it replaced but seeing as though I will need to cover postage costs to and from the retailer I'm not sure if it is worth the bother.

Has anyone got similar issues with their Model D? From memory one of the reviews mentioned the Matte version has more button wobble.
raucous is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #112 of 117 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 04:24 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Zammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,263
Rep: 35 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by raucous View Post
I have had my Model D (black matte) version since January. I like the shape of the mouse a lot but my copy has a few quality control issues that are bothering me.

- Mouse 1 wobble and audible sound of the button rattling and moving when pressed. Now that the mouse has worn in this has become more obvious.
- Squeaky scroll wheel (minor annoyance)

I am looking at getting it replaced but seeing as though I will need to cover postage costs to and from the retailer I'm not sure if it is worth the bother.

Has anyone got similar issues with their Model D? From memory one of the reviews mentioned the Matte version has more button wobble.
Have you tried contacting Glorious? They might replace it for you via RMA.

I have two copies, a matte black and a gloss white. The buttons on the gloss white one are tight and the matte black copy has a tiiiiiny bit of movement. It's not anywhere near big enough to be an issue in my case though.

I think the slight difference in my case comes down to the white one having the gloss surface coating/layer which would add a slight amount of thickness to the parts (this is where the extra 1g weight comes from). I reckon this probably helps tighten those button tolerances.

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
Zammin is online now  
post #113 of 117 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 10:01 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
freedumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: canada
Posts: 226
Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by raucous View Post
I have had my Model D (black matte) version since January. I like the shape of the mouse a lot but my copy has a few quality control issues that are bothering me.

- Mouse 1 wobble and audible sound of the button rattling and moving when pressed. Now that the mouse has worn in this has become more obvious.
- Squeaky scroll wheel (minor annoyance)

I am looking at getting it replaced but seeing as though I will need to cover postage costs to and from the retailer I'm not sure if it is worth the bother.

Has anyone got similar issues with their Model D? From memory one of the reviews mentioned the Matte version has more button wobble.
My first matte black copy had some lmb/rmb wobble and gnarly left side wall flex. Showed them a video and they sent me a new one free of charge. However this new copy had some rather mushy side buttons and a wiggly scroll wheel so I put in the scroll wheel from my previous copy. The side buttons were missing those tiny translucent square pieces between the buttons and the switches, had to also grab those from my old copy too but now this mouse is golden.
freedumb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #114 of 117 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 02:42 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Athrutep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 264
Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by freedumb View Post
My first matte black copy had some lmb/rmb wobble and gnarly left side wall flex. Showed them a video and they sent me a new one free of charge. However this new copy had some rather mushy side buttons and a wiggly scroll wheel so I put in the scroll wheel from my previous copy. The side buttons were missing those tiny translucent square pieces between the buttons and the switches, had to also grab those from my old copy too but now this mouse is golden.
Lucky you , they made me do a video to showcase the sideflex button actuation. And after filling out every form and uploading the video, they told me contact the store i bought it from. :/
Athrutep is offline  
post #115 of 117 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 06:15 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Athrutep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 264
Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
I got a replacement for my first model d and the new one has a perfect m2 button and the m1 creaks and after activating i can press is further down and i can feel it grind against the inner side of the shell. Do more people have this issue ? If so i might return it and get a refund, since this is the second one that caused me issues. My mouse is from the December 2019 batch. My model o was from the first batch and has perfect buttons.
Athrutep is offline  
post #116 of 117 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Zammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,263
Rep: 35 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by Athrutep View Post
I got a replacement for my first model d and the new one has a perfect m2 button and the m1 creaks and after activating i can press is further down and i can feel it grind against the inner side of the shell. Do more people have this issue ? If so i might return it and get a refund, since this is the second one that caused me issues. My mouse is from the December 2019 batch. My model o was from the first batch and has perfect buttons.
I got both my Model Ds from batch 1 (bought from PC Case Gear) and neither of them have these issues. I would try again if you're not happy with it. That's gotta be frustrating when the replacement has issues as well.

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
Zammin is online now  
post #117 of 117 (permalink) Old 03-21-2020, 04:17 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Athrutep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 264
Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
I guess i will try another replacement then.
Athrutep is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off