Glorious PC Gaming Race Model D Revealed (Pics) - Page 12 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Glorious PC Gaming Race Model D Revealed (Pics)

post #111 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 03:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I have had my Model D (black matte) version since January. I like the shape of the mouse a lot but my copy has a few quality control issues that are bothering me.

- Mouse 1 wobble and audible sound of the button rattling and moving when pressed. Now that the mouse has worn in this has become more obvious.
- Squeaky scroll wheel (minor annoyance)

I am looking at getting it replaced but seeing as though I will need to cover postage costs to and from the retailer I'm not sure if it is worth the bother.

Has anyone got similar issues with their Model D? From memory one of the reviews mentioned the Matte version has more button wobble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 04:24 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by raucous View Post
I have had my Model D (black matte) version since January. I like the shape of the mouse a lot but my copy has a few quality control issues that are bothering me.

- Mouse 1 wobble and audible sound of the button rattling and moving when pressed. Now that the mouse has worn in this has become more obvious.

I am looking at getting it replaced but seeing as though I will need to cover postage costs to and from the retailer I'm not sure if it is worth the bother.

Has anyone got similar issues with their Model D? From memory one of the reviews mentioned the Matte version has more button wobble.
Have you tried contacting Glorious? They might replace it for you via RMA.

I have two copies, a matte black and a gloss white. The buttons on the gloss white one are tight and the matte black copy has a tiiiiiny bit of movement. It's not anywhere near big enough to be an issue in my case though.

I think the slight difference in my case comes down to the white one having the gloss surface coating/layer which would add a slight amount of thickness to the parts (this is where the extra 1g weight comes from). I reckon this probably helps tighten those button tolerances.

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
post #113 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 10:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by raucous View Post

My first matte black copy had some lmb/rmb wobble and gnarly left side wall flex. Showed them a video and they sent me a new one free of charge. However this new copy had some rather mushy side buttons and a wiggly scroll wheel so I put in the scroll wheel from my previous copy. The side buttons were missing those tiny translucent square pieces between the buttons and the switches, had to also grab those from my old copy too but now this mouse is golden.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 02:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by freedumb View Post
My first matte black copy had some lmb/rmb wobble and gnarly left side wall flex. Showed them a video and they sent me a new one free of charge. However this new copy had some rather mushy side buttons and a wiggly scroll wheel so I put in the scroll wheel from my previous copy. The side buttons were missing those tiny translucent square pieces between the buttons and the switches, had to also grab those from my old copy too but now this mouse is golden.
Lucky you , they made me do a video to showcase the sideflex button actuation. And after filling out every form and uploading the video, they told me contact the store i bought it from. :/
post #115 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 06:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

I got a replacement for my first model d and the new one has a perfect m2 button and the m1 creaks and after activating i can press is further down and i can feel it grind against the inner side of the shell. Do more people have this issue ? If so i might return it and get a refund, since this is the second one that caused me issues. My mouse is from the December 2019 batch. My model o was from the first batch and has perfect buttons.
post #116 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by Athrutep View Post
I got a replacement for my first model d and the new one has a perfect m2 button and the m1 creaks and after activating i can press is further down and i can feel it grind against the inner side of the shell. Do more people have this issue ? If so i might return it and get a refund, since this is the second one that caused me issues. My mouse is from the December 2019 batch. My model o was from the first batch and has perfect buttons.
I got both my Model Ds from batch 1 (bought from PC Case Gear) and neither of them have these issues. I would try again if you're not happy with it. That's gotta be frustrating when the replacement has issues as well.

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
post #117 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-21-2020, 04:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

I guess i will try another replacement then.
post #118 of 119 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 02:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Model D-
first Pic from Glorious

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/blogs/n...nus-first-look
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FirstTeaser_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	349330  

post #119 of 119 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 01:02 AM
mfw

Rep: 503 (Unique: 234)
I never expected the D- to be that much smaller than the D. The ratio is certainly very different from O/O- (visually, anyway).

I wonder if it's mostly just length. With similar girth, it could still do the job.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
GPU
Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Vortex Race 3 RGB
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
SteelSeries QcK+
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (Dekoni pads)
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in