The most complex and elusive PC/Hardware issue I have ever encountered. Mouse/Keyboard input lag related - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

The most complex and elusive PC/Hardware issue I have ever encountered. Mouse/Keyboard input lag related

post #21 of 431 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 10:11 AM
Overclocking since 1998

Rep: 47 (Unique: 40)
Are you using the same Windows install media in every test case? Do you have some Chinese hacked fake Windows install?

Can you install Ubuntu or a Linux distro of your choice and see if you get the same behavior?

CPU
Ryzen 9 3950X
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra
GPU
Powercolor 5700XT Red Devil
RAM
TridentZ B-die @ 3733CL16
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro
Hard Drive
Adata XPG SX8200 Pro
Optical Drive
BD-RE
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Titanium 750W
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15
Case
Fractal Define R5
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
LG 27GL83A-B 27" Nano-IPS
Keyboard
Corsair K68 Cherry Reds
Mouse
Razer Deathadder
CPU
7700K Delid @5.1GHz @1.4V
Motherboard
Asus Z270F Strix
GPU
Asus RX480 Strix @ 1400MHz
RAM
Corsair Vengance PC3200 2x8GB
Hard Drive
Sandisk Ultra II 960GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro
Hard Drive
2 x 3TB HDD
Optical Drive
LG BD-R
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15
Case
Fractal Define R5
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
Dell 27" 1080p
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 431 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 04:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexi is Dumb View Post
Are you sure this isnt the standard windows 10 stutter issue that pops up every other GPU driver, random mouse stutters, video stutter etc. Maybe that's only been an issue for me because of the two different refresh rate monitors, I just know it doesnt like when I try to stream video in chrome and play games at the same time.. which is solved by turning off hardware acceleration in chrome. Windows 10 has been having intermittent mouse lag issues for people like right from the start, but its usually patched in one way or another for a while before it breaks again. I've also found some apps seem to at random cause mouse lag, then when shut down its all good again. Sticky Notes is real bad for it. Cortana and Realtek Audio have been known to cause mouse issues too at one point or another.. not sure if they're still causing those problems.

Also with your wifi issues.. how many devices are you running on 2.4ghz. They can even be interfered with by a running microwave. Even my LIFX light bulb flickers when the microwave is on. All im saying is WiFi always has weird behaviours and it probably has nothing to do with anything else.. just get a better router.. especially if you're running a lot of devices off it.. get dual band and run what you think you need to on 5ghz instead.

As for your mouse tracking differently.. idk that can happen just from a loose thread on the pad.. a crumb.. a slightly worn spot you cant even see. I really doubt your electrical wiring is causing that one.
Not even just the apps sometimes, for Realtek I had to completely disable the audio controller inside my motherboard BIOS under onboard devices. If possible, you want to disable as much stuff as possible that you do not use. For a lot of people this might be a no-go because they use it for audio but it didn't matter to me since I route my audio through a USB audio bridge anyway.

There are some popular apps that I found to cause sluggish aim feel such as Spotify, Discord and Google Chrome. It's odd because if I monitor my task manager I can literally everything at once... Spotify, Discord, Chrome, playing some Youtube videos in the background and running Overwatch and my CPU usage and memory usage is all very low (40-45% max) and nothing is overheating or anything like that. Two ways I found of reducing this problem to the point where they barely have an effect or none at all is by enabling a Virtual Memory cache file on both my hard drives (super easy to do, search for Performance in Control Panel) and also going into Windows 10 Graphics settings and forcing the integrated graphics card to be responsible for running all of my "problem" apps like Spotify, Google Chrome, Discord etc. Then you would want to have your 2nd monitor (if you have one of course) running off the integrated graphics card as well and only display those "problem" applications on that monitor.

post #23 of 431 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 04:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 104 (Unique: 85)
Quote: Originally Posted by qsxcv View Post
notsureiftroll

maybeyoushouldreadabook

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/so...cd80554f8b.pdf

Big Blue
(14 items)
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K
Motherboard
P8P67 DELUXE
GPU
EVGA GTX 980 FTW
RAM
G.Skill
Hard Drive
Western Digital WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0
Optical Drive
ASUS DRW-24B1ST
Power Supply
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER XT 775W
Cooling
SWIFTECH H20-320 EDGE HD APOGEE HD WATER BLOCK
Case
APEVIA X JUPITER S TYPE METALLIC BLUE
Operating System
WIN7 64bit
Monitor
ASUS VE258Q
Mouse
RAZER DEATHADDER 3500dpi
Audio
Creative Soundblaster Z
Other
SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB for OS
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 431 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 06:07 PM
lololol

Rep: 371 (Unique: 153)
Quote: Originally Posted by essanbee View Post
idk man, i've probably read too many books for you to care.

f it i'll bite

incandescent bulbs and unshielded wires have ac voltages going through them at 50 or 60Hz.
led lights might have switching convertors and/or pwm signals running at some kHz or tens of kHz.
your wifi router's signal is 2.4GHz and/or 5Ghz

unless you have an led light that's doing something massively stupid, it's not going to affect anything. or unless you put your incandescent bulb in direct contact with your router and melt it...

fun fact: your microwave if not shielded properly can interfere with wifi

btw it's "affect" not "effect"

too busy to check forums as regularly
pm me if i forget to respond
post #25 of 431 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 04:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 7)
Quote: Originally Posted by essanbee View Post
did you read it? what does it have to do with OP?
post #26 of 431 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
if you are not happy with behavior of multiple mice on multiple workstations under different installations of OS - the problem is in your expectations.
stop changing things, get used to the one setup that you have. there is no magic setting that will force all those environments to behave exactly the same.

when I was reading through your post I thought you are trolling

Yeah I have used other PCs (friends, at LANs) and they operate completely fine. Its night and day compared to the input delays on my PC, and my roomates PC as he has the exact same symptoms. So I know what properly functioning is like and this is not it.
post #27 of 431 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexi is Dumb View Post
Are you sure this isnt the standard windows 10 stutter issue that pops up every other GPU driver, random mouse stutters, video stutter etc. Maybe that's only been an issue for me because of the two different refresh rate monitors, I just know it doesnt like when I try to stream video in chrome and play games at the same time.. which is solved by turning off hardware acceleration in chrome. Windows 10 has been having intermittent mouse lag issues for people like right from the start, but its usually patched in one way or another for a while before it breaks again. I've also found some apps seem to at random cause mouse lag, then when shut down its all good again. Sticky Notes is real bad for it. Cortana and Realtek Audio have been known to cause mouse issues too at one point or another.. not sure if they're still causing those problems.

Also with your wifi issues.. how many devices are you running on 2.4ghz. They can even be interfered with by a running microwave. Even my LIFX light bulb flickers when the microwave is on. All im saying is WiFi always has weird behaviours and it probably has nothing to do with anything else.. just get a better router.. especially if you're running a lot of devices off it.. get dual band and run what you think you need to on 5ghz instead.

As for your mouse tracking differently.. idk that can happen just from a loose thread on the pad.. a crumb.. a slightly worn spot you cant even see. I really doubt your electrical wiring is causing that one.

I have attempted to use generic audio drivers and completely disable Realtek. I have tried disabling all the unnecessary Windows stuff like Cortana, Game Mode etc and it does nothing but change the mouse tracking for a time. When I say the mouse tracking changes and is inconsistent I don't mean its skipping or anything I mean its like acceleration and deceleration of the cursor. If I change a setting or apply ferrite beads, foil anything to the cables then the mouse tracking will become extremely fast or slow when the DPI on mouse is staying the exact same. Obviously I have acceleration turned off in Windows and cursor speed at 6/11. It is not tracking 1:1 at all. My point here is outside factors change the mouse massively and this is 100% not normal behaivor. I can put my phone on my PC case and it will literally double (not exactly double as I have no way of measuring) the sensitivity.
post #28 of 431 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 09:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 15)
You have my sympathies, these issues can be daunting.

What I would do is take my pc to a friends house and then build a new one with his pc as base, and swap one component at a time, including monitor, cables and os iso. Every, single, component.

Also I would go over freethys tweak guide it might just be something stupidly simple: https://web.archive.org/web/20191101...SQ/mobilebasic

Seems down now but here's an archive
post #29 of 431 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 06:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
Are you running wired ethernet to your PC or Wifi? If Ethernet, try temporarily trying Wifi and see if your problem improves.

post #30 of 431 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 06:57 PM
LTSC Consiglieri

Rep: 656 (Unique: 350)
Quote: Originally Posted by gunit2004 View Post
Right off the bat... I believe you. I have spent the last year working on problems of my own and just now after a year of fiddling do I feel like I have completely figured things out... lol.

The differing mouse feel all the time and being able to manipulate it and change the feel by doing random things like you explained is exactly what I was experiencing. For me it was a lot of swapping USB devices to different ports, using USB hubs, only using a single monitor instead of 2, moving mouse cables away from LED lighting (I have some Philips Hue stuff at my desk) etc etc the list goes on. I can tell you now, some of that stuff was helpful, some of it was not. To me right away it sounds you have or had a power issue like I did. For me it became plain as day that MY particular issue was power related because I was able to manipulate my aim feel by turning my ceiling fan on and off (weird right?). My ceiling fan has 3 speeds and the mouse feel would change on each of the 3 settings, lol. I was never able to build muscle memory in games because my damn aim feel was changing every day so it was ridiculous. You said you tried a bunch of different power conditioners but those don't really do much... you are basically spraying Febreeze on a pile of poo. The only thing that would completely solve a power issue is something like a double-conversion UPS power supply because it completely isolates your devices from your dirty/messed up house power.

HOWEVER, you just said that you moved houses and still experience the same issues? That kind of puts some doubts in that theory then because the likelihood of having messed up power in your second place? Ehhh I don't know. I would only recommend the double-conversion UPS route to someone who isn't planning on moving houses anytime soon And even then... if power wasn't your issue then a double-conversion UPS won't do crap for you and you are out some money... so it's risky. For me, I didn't care because when I realized my ceiling fan was able to manipulate my aim feel I knew it had to be an electricity issue.

Now you also started talking about stuff like your internet browser videos twitching here and there and all sorts of other stuff. It's not necessarily one thing like electricity that is causing your problems. Browser issues like that could be as simple as turning off "hardware acceleration" in Google Chrome because sometimes Chrome is dog poo. It sounds to me like you have a variety of different causes for your problems and you can't blame them all on one thing like electricity. USB devices can be another thing that cause issues I found. Plugging all your devices into a big USB hub... some USB devices might not get along with the other devices in the chain causing things like ground loops like you mentioned. Figuring it all out takes hours and hours of experimenting (like I said I was at it for like a year ). Are these devices powered via AC adapter, are they bus-powered? You have to think about all that stuff and think of possibilities where you might me introducing ground loops into your system. Lot's of different possibilities that I can't think of off the top of my head but they will come to me and I will update later.
Haaaa.

this is quite similar to when I tried running 3x GK110 titans and a 3930k from the same plug in a 35 year old home. ALL the lights on that specific fuse would dim & flicker at the same time as load lag would take place on the system.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Best R0ach Quote of all time : TLDR: Haswell might be the last legit gaming platform unless mice get their own non-USB interface on some newer architecture.

Tags
input lag , mouse lag

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in