The most complex and elusive PC/Hardware issue I have ever encountered. Mouse/Keyboard input lag related - Page 33 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

The most complex and elusive PC/Hardware issue I have ever encountered. Mouse/Keyboard input lag related

post #321 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by ch4mnara View Post
Right. But I was lucky enough I guess.
Dude, I just found some thing interesting. Just put the active filter thing aside, we can talk about it later.

I just installed ubuntu19.04, and played some csgo against robots. It feels so great in terms of mouse feeling. But I am not sure, whether it's a fix. I truly can't recall what's the correct mouse feeling. And the game experience is kinda good. I own a gtx1070, after the driver installation, it gives me constant fps around 280 which is almost the same as in Win10.

Could some of you try ubuntu and give some feedback?
Ubuntu uses openGL while windows uses directX
Or maybe the gpu driver for windows and the one for ubuntu is different?
or maybe it's windows cause the lag?

Now I am thinking it might be a combination of several cause:
E.g. emi + directX?
or bad compatability of hardware + windows gpu driver?

Any combination could be possible cause. I don't know much about linux, it's the first day I use ubuntu, hoping some expert here can help us.

But first off, plz try ubuntu and play some csgo on it.
I will try Ubuntu, I do not play CSGO though. But I will try with some of my games. I am still sure this is not a Windows caused issue as across town and in another city my PC worked fine, on Windows 10, and my laptop fine on Windows 7. Pretty different from at my house. It is interesting of course that uninstalling certain drivers and reinstalling GPU drivers makes the problem seem minimal or almost gone for a short period of time.

Still does not explain why moving cables, other appliances in the house etc change the mouse tracking. I would think it has to be external if we consider those factors.

Just a dude trying to fix problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #322 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 01:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 17)
Linux usually has acceleration forced by default, and in some cases forces default lower mouse polling rate.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mouse_polling_rate
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mouse_acceleration
post #323 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 07:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by CrucialNUG View Post
Cool but unless it is testing the quality of power from the power company to your home, I am not sure how it will rule out electricity. Is an EICR only for the in home wiring? I happen to think this problem is on the electrical companies side. Good luck though and please update us!

Well you see we had work done to our house (which is very old, 100 years+) around 2 years ago and the electrical firm in charge of carrying of the work were supposed to 'overhaul the entire outdated electrical system' but apparently they didn't and instead decided to cut-corners so instead of replacing the old cable network they just tapped into it continuing to use it and ever since getting that work done weird electrical mishaps occur all the time, things like light bulbs blowing a day or two after putting them in (the same socket) and random plugs melting etc, we've also some issue with light switches activating more than one light i.e downstairs switch will turn both the ground floor light AND the third floor light on when it's meant to only turn on the hall light.

So a friend of mine, who is a also very experienced electrician, said that I should get an EICR test done immediately and when I booked I explained to the company what was wrong and they said that the test would determine the power consistency from each plug/socket/source as well as checking grounding and cabling etc etc. I explained how it was affecting my computer and they also stated that the test would undercover any electrical inconsistencies, so fingers crossed!

The appointment is booked for Tuesday so I'll let me you guys the outcome. The other thing is though this is just a test so the results may mean I need to have work done to the house so it doesn't necessarily mean a solution, it'll just provide a report to show that things are not defective. Anyways, keep you all posted.

Last edited by fatehasfans; 02-09-2020 at 03:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #324 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 02:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I verified that the OP is willing to listen to all possible ideas about this case, so I will give you a summary of my case.

First, I will tell you what I tried.

I also did it like most, I tried more than 5 complete PC constructions, more than 6 ISP's (fiber, common cabling) all available in my region, I tried dozens of mouse / keyboard / headset, different steam accounts, windows, I also tested UBUNTU, and other things...

I tried 4 different places (family house) 2 apartments built new in 2016, and two normal houses built in the 2000s'.

I tried UPS Online double conversion seinodal, tried furman mx8 and also mx10, tried Panamax M5400 PM.
I spent over 500U $ with electricians in my region to redo all the wiring and plugs and grounding in my house to make everything new, I explained to them my situation and they did everything possible to make my PC as isolated as possible from the rest of the circuit of the house and my neighbors.

None of this really helped me, everyone gave the result as a placebo effect or some change as well as touching cables or making any changes in software / hardware.

Now the external things I tested:

I was a tier 1 player in Brazil until 2018, I played some important national lan tournaments among other things, I had this problem since 2011 (cs 1.6) and it went with me to CS GO in 2018 (That's when I decided to stop instead CS due to this problem)

I also believed that this was something electrical (even testing different locations and houses and different locations more than 20km from my home and the problem always accompanied me)
I have friends around me, playing their games perfectly and consistently as they should be, and yet I was blind and decided to believe that this was something electric.

From 2017 to 2018, I played some amateur tournaments because I was already exhausted from this problem, I was just playing for fun, but competitively.
In July 2018, I was called by a friend who was on a tier 1 team in Brazil, where they would have their own gaming house in downtown São Paulo (where the best players in Brazil are located, including FalleN and coldzera when they lived here )

So, as I was still believing that the problem was electrical, I was sure that my problem would be solved, and I could play normally, I would travel 600km where most of the Brazilian CS scenario is located.

They provide me with a great structure, top-of-the-line PCs and the equipment I choose, I didn't need to take anything that was mine.

I stayed there for 3 days, as I am tired of telling / dramatizing this story, I will summarize.

The problem appeared, after 2 days, all the other 10 players (9 players and 1 coach) had their PCs working perfectly as butter, and there were also some streamers, all happy with their PCs working well.

I lost my mind, decided to reinstate my contract and did not do any more tests, in 2018 I abandoned CS: GO altogether because I saw that I could not solve this problem regardless of how much money I spend.
I was able to play lan tournaments because they were never more than 1 or 2 days old, and I always played on different computers and it wasn't enough time for the problem to appear.

So, after all, my theory about MY CASE, is that the problem is caused by me, for some reason I am the reason why this happens.

I would like you to talk more about this case in 2008:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/0...oe_falciatano/

matter with video: https://www.techeblog.com/video-12-y...ith-computers/
post #325 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 03:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by loltako View Post
I verified that the OP is willing to listen to all possible ideas about this case, so I will give you a summary of my case.

First, I will tell you what I tried.

I also did it like most, I tried more than 5 complete PC constructions, more than 6 ISP's (fiber, common cabling) all available in my region, I tried dozens of mouse / keyboard / headset, different steam accounts, windows, I also tested UBUNTU, and other things...

I tried 4 different places (family house) 2 apartments built new in 2016, and two normal houses built in the 2000s'.

I tried UPS Online double conversion seinodal, tried furman mx8 and also mx10, tried Panamax M5400 PM.
I spent over 500U $ with electricians in my region to redo all the wiring and plugs and grounding in my house to make everything new, I explained to them my situation and they did everything possible to make my PC as isolated as possible from the rest of the circuit of the house and my neighbors.

None of this really helped me, everyone gave the result as a placebo effect or some change as well as touching cables or making any changes in software / hardware.

Now the external things I tested:

I was a tier 1 player in Brazil until 2018, I played some important national lan tournaments among other things, I had this problem since 2011 (cs 1.6) and it went with me to CS GO in 2018 (That's when I decided to stop instead CS due to this problem)

I also believed that this was something electrical (even testing different locations and houses and different locations more than 20km from my home and the problem always accompanied me)
I have friends around me, playing their games perfectly and consistently as they should be, and yet I was blind and decided to believe that this was something electric.

From 2017 to 2018, I played some amateur tournaments because I was already exhausted from this problem, I was just playing for fun, but competitively.
In July 2018, I was called by a friend who was on a tier 1 team in Brazil, where they would have their own gaming house in downtown São Paulo (where the best players in Brazil are located, including FalleN and coldzera when they lived here )

So, as I was still believing that the problem was electrical, I was sure that my problem would be solved, and I could play normally, I would travel 600km where most of the Brazilian CS scenario is located.

They provide me with a great structure, top-of-the-line PCs and the equipment I choose, I didn't need to take anything that was mine.

I stayed there for 3 days, as I am tired of telling / dramatizing this story, I will summarize.

The problem appeared, after 2 days, all the other 10 players (9 players and 1 coach) had their PCs working perfectly as butter, and there were also some streamers, all happy with their PCs working well.

I lost my mind, decided to reinstate my contract and did not do any more tests, in 2018 I abandoned CS: GO altogether because I saw that I could not solve this problem regardless of how much money I spend.
I was able to play lan tournaments because they were never more than 1 or 2 days old, and I always played on different computers and it wasn't enough time for the problem to appear.

So, after all, my theory about MY CASE, is that the problem is caused by me, for some reason I am the reason why this happens.

I would like you to talk more about this case in 2008:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/0...oe_falciatano/

matter with video: https://www.techeblog.com/video-12-y...ith-computers/
did you let others play on your PC during all those LAN events? what do they say?
if you have the same issue on 50 PCs, do you think that this is working as intended? what is you golden source / benchmark that you compare to? did you ever have a proper experience?
post #326 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 03:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
did you let others play on your PC during all those LAN events? what do they say?
if you have the same issue on 50 PCs, do you think that this is working as intended? what is you golden source / benchmark that you compare to? did you ever have a proper experience?
Lan events are usually in arenas or booths, where multiple players pass through the same PC, no one has ever said anything about delay or anything.

I certainly had an adequate experience in some moments, I am completely sensitive and I know how the game should work, it is currently impossible to play.

This was recorded as soon as I had arrived in a new location (a relative's apartment) the gameplay and feel of the game was almost perfect, but it only lasted 1 or 2 days, then the delay appeared again:

https://www.twitch.tv/spraymanfps/cl...=all&sort=time

https://www.twitch.tv/spraymanfps/cl...dMoonThunBeast

Last edited by loltako; 02-12-2020 at 03:41 AM.
post #327 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 06:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 9)
Lan events are usually in arenas or booths, where multiple players pass through the same PC, no one has ever said anything about delay or anything.

I certainly had an adequate experience in some moments, I am completely sensitive and I know how the game should work, it is currently impossible to play.

This was recorded as soon as I had arrived in a new location (a relative's apartment) the gameplay and feel of the game was almost perfect, but it only lasted 1 or 2 days, then the delay appeared again:

https://www.twitch.tv/spraymanfps/cl...dMoonThunBeast
but did you record anything when it was bad?
and what if someone else will use the PC that became bad for you?
post #328 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 06:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
but did you record anything when it was bad?
and what if someone else will use the PC that became bad for you?
It is automatically fixed

In the case of the gaming house, as soon as I left they called another player, I asked him if he had reinstalled windows or something, but he just plugged in the equipment and started playing, it was working fine.
post #329 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 5)

In the case of the gaming house, as soon as I left they called another player, I asked him if he had reinstalled windows or something, but he just plugged in the equipment and started playing, it was working fine.
I am still positive that my issues and the others that have posted in here is electrical. I appreciate you sharing your experiences but have you used your PC at locations where it works perfectly normal for any duration amount of time? If what you say is the truth, then I would say you should document it. Was there any point in time when your PC worked fine? Like years back?

Just a dude trying to fix problems

Last edited by CrucialNUG; 02-12-2020 at 09:36 AM.
post #330 of 550 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 09:32 AM
Dankeroni Pepperoni

Rep: 12 (Unique: 12)

I'm having a hard time rationalizing this, unless you're Magneto or something, emitting static/EMF/whatever from your body and corrupting all electronics in your presence.

the feel when you're stuck using a 10 year old office mouse because you can't aim with anything else... FeelsBadMan
Closed Thread

Tags
input lag , mouse lag

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in